Questions about excursions (specifically Royal)

Sherwinner

My boyfriend and I will be going on our first cruise in October and we have some excursions that we are planning on doing. If anyone has any insights on the following, I would greatly appreciate it! 

We are planning on doing a sea lion outing in Nassau. It says that the time of the excursion is 8:30am - does that mean we meet at 8:30 to get us there or have to be at the Blue Lagoon by 8:30? 

On the flip side we will be getting some floating mats and snorkel equipment on Coco Cay, which are both at your leisure activities. Can we pick those up at any time during the day or does it have to be at the time stated on the website when I book it? 

Thanks in advance!  

First, welcome to the world of cruising!

In general the tour times are when the excursion group departs from the ship -- they will tell you the specific meeting point when you are on board and we usually arrive early to make sure we are in the correct place.

Assuming I am looking at the correct excursion on the RC web page, the transit to Blue Lagoon is listed as part of the excursion, "Your tour includes a 35-minute scenic boat ride through historic Nassau Harbor on a high-speed, double-decker ferry. You'll cruise to Blue Lagoon Island..."   Based on what you described you'll meet to depart at 8:30.

For your time at Coco Cay you should have flexibility with both the pick up and drop off times for the equipment but they'll also confirm all of that with you on board.

Additionally - if you're doing an excursion through the cruise line you should receive your excursion tickets at your room either on embarkation day or on the day before the excursion.  The tickets will tell you where to meet and when.

5 minutes ago, hallux said:

Additionally - if you're doing an excursion through the cruise line you should receive your excursion tickets at your room either on embarkation day or on the day before the excursion.  The tickets will tell you where to meet and when.

That's great to know! Thank you. 

We loved the sea lion encounter! Definitely one of our top three excursions. As mentioned you'll meet up where directed to and ride the boat to Blue Lagoon. After the excursion you'll have lots of time to lounge on the beach, grab a drink at the bar or grab a bite to eat. They also have a shop with souvenirs and of course a place for you to order pictures of your encounter. I think we paid $150 for a memory stick with all of our photos and a video of the encounter. All in all it was an awesome day!

DSC_7174.jpg

Edited by sparks1093

On 7/8/2019 at 3:23 PM, sparks1093 said:

We loved the sea lion encounter! Definitely one of our top three excursions. As mentioned you'll meet up where directed to and ride the boat to Blue Lagoon. After the excursion you'll have lots of time to lounge on the beach, grab a drink at the bar or grab a bite to eat. They also have a shop with souvenirs and of course a place for you to order pictures of your encounter. I think we paid $150 for a memory stick with all of our photos and a video of the encounter. All in all it was an awesome day!

DSC_7174.jpg

I love this!! I am so excited for this excursion. Thank you for sharing. I will definitely be getting those pictures!  

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

Just so you know, there's an entire forum here devoted just to Royal Caribbean -- you can find out a lot of helpful information from people who have lots of experience there:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/51-royal-caribbean-international/

Thank you!! I haven't deep dived into the forums yet, so thank you for posting this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sherwinner said:

Thank you!! I haven't deep dived into the forums yet, so thank you for posting this. 

You're very welcome.  Sharing info with fellow cruisers is what this place is all about.  Happy diving!