Silver Origin booking news

WesW

Inaugural voyage for Origin is July 18th, 2020; a 7 day Western Itinerary embarking in San Cristobal, disembarking in Baltra.

Nice 11 day Holiday Galapagos cruise embarking December 19th. And a very nice 12 day r/t from Baltra Galapagos New Years cruise embarking December 29th.

https://issuu.com/silversea/docs/dm_silver_origin_15_cmyk_hr?fr=xKAE9_zU1NQ&cid_email=em_ALL_EM1906190987_EXPEDITION_AGN_DEM_LINK&utm_campaign=ALL_EM1906190987&utm_source=ALL&utm_medium=Email&cid=20127&mid=68619326

Edited by WesW

It will be interesting to know when the full schedules are due to be announced.

We are Shadow-ing in October and are hoping that the July 2021 dates are showing up with a view to booking on board.

Expensive ... sorry ... exciting times ahead 😀

Have a quick look at

https://www.galapagosadvisor.com/visitor-sites

There is all sorts of information on the site .... a good ‘wildlife calendar’ is handy if there is anything specific you want to see.

We are looking at July as (a) it is a birthday, (b) it’s a good time for whales, (c) why not ... the weather is good ...

plus other factors 😀

14 hours ago, WesW said:

Inaugural voyage for Origin is July 18th, 2020; a 7 day Western Itinerary embarking in San Cristobal, disembarking in Baltra.  Nice 11 day Holiday Galapagos cruise embarking December 19th. And a very nice 12 day r/t from Baltra Galapagos New Years cruise embarking December 29th.

Appreciate, Wes, this posting and helpful link.  Have tried several ways, including through the Silversea website, BUT, I can find any specifics as to that minor detail cruise detail called . . . pricing??!!  Am I missing something and/or doing my searching incorrectly?  The new Silver Orgin looks super nice, but I am interested to know how much higher this fancy ship drives up, UP the pricing through SS to see this spectacular area that is on our future, to-do list. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 47,925 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

• Like 1

Even more interesting is that Celebrity Xperience appears to have had its Galapagos licence revoked.

I know they have the Flora but weren’t they supposed to be running in tandem so to speak?

35 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Even more interesting is that Celebrity Xperience appears to have had its Galapagos licence revoked.  I know they have the Flora but weren’t they supposed to be running in tandem so to speak?

Yes, Celebrity folks had told us earlier this year that they would offering both ships.  Lots of interesting questions needing to be answered. 

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 222,997 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

4 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Even more interesting is that Celebrity Xperience appears to have had its Galapagos licence revoked.

I know they have the Flora but weren’t they supposed to be running in tandem so to speak?

Where did you see that the Xperience is also revoked? Your link above talks about the Xpedition.The Xpereince is currently reported to be cruising with passengers who were displaced from Xpedition. 

Xpedition is currently located off the coast of Salinas Ecuador, but I can't find Xperience on any of the trackers.

And yes, it was intended that Xpedition and Flora both operate in the Galapagos.

I am anxious to book the new Silversea Origin (Galapagos), depending on pricing.  I have gotten pricing for the Celebrity Flora so want to compare. Ships are supposed to be identical, both brand new, obviously with different interiors.  I heard from some sources that it will go on sale next week (Tuesday), on July 16. If anyone gets pricing information before then please post here. 

I asked Celebrity for a quote and their reply is shown below. A lot of what they offer is not dissimilar to SS .......... make of it what you will ... I have highlighted a couple of interesting paragraphs 😀

On Celebrity Flora on the 25th July 2021, you would have to book the 10 night package that includes 2 night pre and 1 night post hotel stay in Quito.
You fly into Quito on the 
Friday the 23rd July, at which point you are met by Celebrity and transferred to the JWMarriott hotel in the city. Bed and Breakfast that evening. On the 24th you have a full day guided tour of Quito and the Equatorial Center with Lunch provided in a local restaurant. That evening back at the hotel you freshen up and then are taken to a restaurant for a three course Dinner, including drinks. Hotel for bed and breakfast the following morning and then transfer back to the airport for your internal flight to Baltra. Minibus transfer down to the Jetty (8 mins) and the RIB boat transfer to the ship. Seven night cruise with a different stop morning and afternoon with a choice of excursions. Except Santa Cruz, on the Friday, which is full day with choice of excursions. All transfers to and from the ship are by RIB transfer some are wet landings (into the surf and walk up the beach) and some are dry onto rocks. Transfer back to Baltra Airport, internal flight to Quito, one night at the JWMarriott, dinner bed and breakfast, transfer back to Airport for your flight home

The total cost for the two as above itinerary would be £14,112.00, with Flights to and from Quito (via Amsterdam with KLM) £17,172.00.

Because you would be staying in a suite on the Ship you will have the use of the Concierge lounge at the hotel for any drinks and snacks that you may require during your stay. (especially useful on the last day for a snack lunch before being collected from the hotel at around 12.45 for your transfer back to airport. You can also get a hot buffet, in there on the 
Friday evening, when you arrive)

If you do not take the ten night tour option then your internal flights are not included and you would need to make your own arrangements to get to Baltra and then meet Celebrity representatives in Baltra Airport and the cost for just cruise only would be £11682.00”

2 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

I asked Celebrity for a quote and their reply is shown below. A lot of what they offer is not dissimilar to SS .......... make of it what you will ... I have highlighted a couple of interesting paragraphs 😀

On Celebrity Flora on the 25th July 2021, you would have to book the 10 night package that includes 2 night pre and 1 night post hotel stay in Quito.
You fly into Quito on the 
Friday the 23rd July, at which point you are met by Celebrity and transferred to the JWMarriott hotel in the city. Bed and Breakfast that evening. On the 24th you have a full day guided tour of Quito and the Equatorial Center with Lunch provided in a local restaurant. That evening back at the hotel you freshen up and then are taken to a restaurant for a three course Dinner, including drinks. Hotel for bed and breakfast the following morning and then transfer back to the airport for your internal flight to Baltra. Minibus transfer down to the Jetty (8 mins) and the RIB boat transfer to the ship. Seven night cruise with a different stop morning and afternoon with a choice of excursions. Except Santa Cruz, on the Friday, which is full day with choice of excursions. All transfers to and from the ship are by RIB transfer some are wet landings (into the surf and walk up the beach) and some are dry onto rocks. Transfer back to Baltra Airport, internal flight to Quito, one night at the JWMarriott, dinner bed and breakfast, transfer back to Airport for your flight home

The total cost for the two as above itinerary would be £14,112.00, with Flights to and from Quito (via Amsterdam with KLM) £17,172.00.

Because you would be staying in a suite on the Ship you will have the use of the Concierge lounge at the hotel for any drinks and snacks that you may require during your stay. (especially useful on the last day for a snack lunch before being collected from the hotel at around 12.45 for your transfer back to airport. You can also get a hot buffet, in there on the 
Friday evening, when you arrive)

If you do not take the ten night tour option then your internal flights are not included and you would need to make your own arrangements to get to Baltra and then meet Celebrity representatives in Baltra Airport and the cost for just cruise only would be £11682.00”

That’s very interesting...I just booked on board celebrity edge for celebrity flora, for the cruise after yours, arrive Quito 30th July.

AS i booked on board I received an additional discount. I booked the 10night for $27400 AUD, approx €17000. with a discount of €800 if we elected for the 7 night only cruise.

I wish I could book in euro.....

Will compare prices to silver origin in 10 days when on board silver cloud.

Well, Origin's new cabin designs are certainly interesting.

Q: When is a balcony not really a balcony?

A: When it's a "Horizon Balcony" . 😉

Descriptive brochure attached. See pages 16-17 of the .pdf...

Do the "verandas" of the Superior Veranda Suites, Deluxe Veranda Suites and Medallion suite seem to be no more than areas where the cabin floor is surfaced in a wooden-type material?

And the verandas are actually inside each of the aforementioned suites..?
with adjustable exterior windows but no doors?

The exterior view seems to confirm that cabins on Deck 6 will not have balconies/verandas separated from the cabins by sliding glass doors.  Rather, the guests will experience their "Horizon Balconies" from within their cabin quarters and have the option of lowering the top half of the outside window.

On the plus side, the "deck furniture" will always be indoors and protected from any unfavorable elements. No more wiping the tables/chairs then waiting for them to dry.  The new configuration was at first somewhat puzzling, but grows more favorable with additional time and contemplation.

The Celebrity Flora cabins on Deck 6 appear to be of very similar design -- marketed as "Ultimate Sky & Premium Sky Suites as well as Sky Suites with Infinite Veranda℠".

Looking forward to seeing the pricing information.

SS_Origin descriptions.pdf

4 hours ago, iMarco46 said:

Well, Origin's new cabin designs are certainly interesting.

Q: When is a balcony not really a balcony?

A: When it's a "Horizon Balcony" . 😉

Descriptive brochure attached. See pages 16-17 of the .pdf...

Do the "verandas" of the Superior Veranda Suites, Deluxe Veranda Suites and Medallion suite seem to be no more than areas where the cabin floor is surfaced in a wooden-type material?

And the verandas are actually inside each of the aforementioned suites..?
with adjustable exterior windows but no doors?

The exterior view seems to confirm that cabins on Deck 6 will not have balconies/verandas separated from the cabins by sliding glass doors.  Rather, the guests will experience their "Horizon Balconies" from within their cabin quarters and have the option of lowering the top half of the outside window.

On the plus side, the "deck furniture" will always be indoors and protected from any unfavorable elements. No more wiping the tables/chairs then waiting for them to dry.  The new configuration was at first somewhat puzzling, but grows more favorable with additional time and contemplation.

The Celebrity Flora cabins on Deck 6 appear to be of very similar design -- marketed as "Ultimate Sky & Premium Sky Suites as well as Sky Suites with Infinite Veranda℠".

Looking forward to seeing the pricing information.

SS_Origin descriptions.pdf 41.31 MB · 5 downloads

I just did a cruise on celebrity edge and had an infinity balcony, exactly the same as what’s on the origin and flora.

I loved the concept, there are glass bifold doors that fold right back, which opens the  area up completely between the balcony and room and an electric blind that covers the balcony glass.

Once we opened our bifold doors they were not shut at all again for the rest of the cruise, instead the balcony was part of our room and we closed the glass of a night and opened it again in the morning, but you get a choice of having the balcony separate to the room or not.

In saying that, the cabin I’ve currently booked on flora is a standard sky suite which does not have the infinity balcony, that decision was based purely on cost though. 

Theres plenty of debate about them on the celebrity boards.

2 hours ago, nowornever said:

hmmmm.... I wonder if you can use your "free" week on the Origin?

Considering how the Galapagos prices out about 1.5x - 2.0x greater than a typical "Classic" vessel, such a strategy to use your free week is very, very smart.

Brochure now available to DL....

https://www.silversea.com/brochures.brochure_group_silver-origin.html

Friends of mine looking to book something for July 2020 but apparently pricing, what’s included and what’s available are still quite fluid and their agent is having problems getting any quote and details finalised. Very envious though, I would so love to make this trip on this ship. Maybe next lifetime!!

Great idea Stumblefoot.... I’m guessing that route is blocked.... or will be!

To me the fares look quite competitive.

We are looking at July 2021 !!! Maybe the next set of schedules??

All things being equal, we can ‘book on board’ when we travel on the Shadow in October in 97 days (not that I am counting) - which may save a few pennies.

Having said that - even if they haven’t been released there are only two itineraries each of which runs every two weeks, so I can consider an ‘open booking’ which I understand gives the same discounts?

I will certainly be in contact with reservations before we sail.

I had a look at Ecoventura and their two vessels .. Theory and Origin . Not cheap and on top of the quoted fares you have  to sort your own flights from start to finish, plus hotels, plus transfers, plus Island entry fees, plus another immigration type of fee, plus tips at - recommended - $350 pp per week plus a few other odds and sods like wifi at astronomical rates ($100 per day if memory serves me correctly) ... They worked out slightly more that SS fares,

It makes you think!

1 hour ago, MBP&O2/O said:

To me the fares look quite competitive.  We are looking at July 2021 !!! Maybe the next set of schedules??  All things being equal, we can ‘book on board’ when we travel on the Shadow in October in 97 days (not that I am counting) - which may save a few pennies. 

Not sure that these prices for the new Origin are that "competitive".  Yes, I was expecting higher prices to match such a shiny design and for new ship.  AND, my "fears" were confirmed.  BUT, this part of the world, however, is not cheap!!  We will be boarding the Silver Muse in just eight days in Vancouver on the way up to Alaska and I will talk with the staff about the best options to consider for a potential February 2021 booking with Silversea for the Galapagos. We will see what they say as how best to determine the best "value".   Then, I can better compared the options, check my modest checkbook, hope for a Lottery windfall, etc., etc., to determine what might or might not work.   

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 48,216 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

On 7/17/2019 at 1:03 AM, les37b said:

Great idea Stumblefoot.... I’m guessing that route is blocked.... or will be!

Les, my guess is the same as yours!  Considering how many years it took us to “achieve” free laundry, I doubt we’ll ever earn a “free” 7-day voyage in our lifetimes.  😁

Emtbsam, you asked about time of year. I have been on the Silver Galapagos twice, in April and November. Air temperatures were not that different, just slightly warmer in April and the sun was definitely stronger. Different animals at different times of the year, and sea life. I preferred April, as I felt there were was more birds in April. Keep in mind one itinerary is more wildlife and one is more volcanic, so choose accordingly.