Restaurant recommendations for Warnemunde or Rostock

We will be in Warnemunde on the Sky Princess next June. We don't want to go to Berlin so we are going to Rostock and spending the day there and in Warnemunde. I'm looking for a restaurant where we can get authentic German food for lunch. We have a restaurant at home run by a German couple so we want to see how authentic it is. Any suggestions?

You could try the Braugasthaus Zum alten Fritz in a nice location on the waterfront in Rostock. It serves German specialties; I had venison goulash, which was delicious. The restaurant is quite large; it has its own brewery as well. There is outdoor seating in good weather.  Not sure about how to get there on public transportation but it is not too far from the centre of town.

For truly authentic German fare that is from that area, a Fischbroetchen, purchased from one of the small boats that line the docks.  I know there are a bunch of them outside the city gate in Wismar, this one is located in Warnemunde

Kutter_3.jpg

backfish-tilo.jpg

The address is Directly "Am Strom"  which is the river/canal in Liegeplatz 17 (around the area of the Cocktail Bar "Seehund"  (Seal).  

Walking along the promenade eating a fish roll is something locals will do.  Its a lot of fun.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

• 2 weeks later...