How long did it take you to reach Platinum VIFP Status?

It took us from March 1987 until September 1, 2005, when they first started the Concierge Club, which predated the Platinum/Diamond scheme.  At that point we had sailed Carnival 16 times, mostly on 7 day cruises.  When they went to Diamond/Platinum I was assured via email that we would be grandfathered in as Diamonds, but of course that was not true.  It took me a couple more cruises to climb back to Diamond.

On 7/9/2019 at 2:45 PM, CruisingViper said:

I've been gold for a year or so now. I'm just wondering how long it took others or what age they were when they got to platinum status, or even diamond. It seems so far away after the short distance between red and gold.

Platinum is 75 days, and it goes faster then you think!

The benes. for Plat. are much better then Gold!

On Carnival, it took us 11 months to reach Platinum, we took a lot of B2B's!-))

We'll be Diamond next year, which will be our 3rd year with Carnival!

On July 14, 2019 at 10:54 AM, bingomamma19 said:

Not true at all.   I am doing my 10th cruise next april on Carnival and love it as much as when I first started in 2009...if not more.  

I tried RCI Allure of the seas almost 2 years ago and was not thrilled with that at all.    I will stick to what I know and love.  

Some people like different things and everyone is different.    I know that Carnival has added great things and adventures since we started and love everything about my cruises with them.

Whatever you choose...enjoy yourself, but don't try to tell others that they wont like something because you don't.

I agree with you.  Our first cruise w Carnival was on an overcrowded Legend out of Tampa in 2011 with our four kids.  We had a blast and booked another and then another.  Have tried Royal and like it, too, but really appreciate all the included restaurants on Carnival. My husband and I booked the transpacific in October and how I wish we could get in eight more days before so we'd be platinum on that.   Maybe we will! We not only particularly enjoy the included options on Carnival, but maybe even more, we appreciate the stock option OBC benefit.  Another thing Carnival is so good about is giving the status upgrade the first day of the cruise even if the cruiser doesn't qualify till the last day.

My first cruise was in 2008, with husband and middle schoolers in tow. We cruised every other year or so after that, some 5 day, some 7 day. AND THEN- BOOM! I retired. The kids were in college or beyond. Then I could really cruise, with or without my husband who has not yet retired. I have two cruises booked for later in the year, so this December I'll be platinum. Yay!

I'm amazed at how quickly some of you reached upgraded status.  We've been cruising since about 2006, mostly on Carnival but on other lines as well.  But we also do many other types of vacations as well.  If you made me guess, we'll achieve Platinum in 2020 or 2021.  I'd anticipate it being on a Journey cruise post retirement.