AARP Carnival cards issues?

sredish

Asking for a friend.  She's been trying for two days to purchase rewards for good Carnival cards for her upcoming final payment, but each time she gets to the check out,  the website freezes and it won't proceed any further.  We've tried different browsers, even her phone.  Do they limit how many cards you can purchase at once, and could this be the reason for the hiccup??  She's got plenty of points, and is attempting to purchase three $500 and two $100's for a total of five cards.  Is anyone else having issues lately?  I purchased a single $100 card without issue yesterday.  

8 minutes ago, sredish said:

Asking for a friend.  She's been trying for two days to purchase rewards for good Carnival cards for her upcoming final payment, but each time she gets to the check out,  the website freezes and it won't proceed any further.  We've tried different browsers, even her phone.  Do they limit how many cards you can purchase at once, and could this be the reason for the hiccup??  She's got plenty of points, and is attempting to purchase three $500 and two $100's for a total of five cards.  Is anyone else having issues lately?  I purchased a single $100 card without issue yesterday.  

Last week I did 2 at a time and it worked.  I had been trying for 3 $500 cards and someone on the boards suggested no more than 2 at a time.  It worked!

1 hour ago, jdemps said:

I think I saw one time it was $500 per day total as the limit.

Not currently. I just (last week) purchased three $500 cards in one transaction. Website is tempermental though

Edited by 2wheelin

5 hours ago, sredish said:

Thanks guys!!  I'll tell her to split it up.  😀

Let us know how it goes.

I'm hoping this issue of only allowing 2 at a time is just because of the soon-to-be rewards program changeover. Considering some people are still being allowed to buy more at one time, even if it isn't regularly, it does sound like it's a glitchy site issue. This is going to be a pain if it's like this until the September changeover.

The lady told me that I could order 2 $500s at one time and 3 $100s at one time.  No more than  $1000 at a time.  I tried to order them at one time and the site wouldn't let me select my state. I did succeed with the two purchases.

Two at a time for $500 was always my limit, not just now.  Ten $100 cards as well.

I've sometimes been tempted to toss a few fully cashed zeroed out gift cards in some conspicuous place on the ship, on a bar or a slot machine say, and watch what happens if anyone "finds" them.  Then I think that's too mischievous, perhaps even cruel, and I don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:08 PM, sredish said:

Thanks for posting this...I was having the same issues with not being able to get past putting your state when ordering.    I broke my order up into 1 $500 per order and that worked now.

I was able to order 4 $500 cards and 2 $100 ones all as separate orders.

34 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

Thanks for posting this...I was having the same issues with not being able to get past putting your state when ordering.    I broke my order up into 1 $500 per order and that worked now.

I was able to order 4 $500 cards and 2 $100 ones all as separate orders.

Yes!!  Worked great for her!  Two is apparently the limit.  

I was having issues on Wednesday. I tried to purchase 2 - $500 & 4 - $100 and it wouldn't let me put my state in. I decided to try from my phone (as opposed to my desktop) and it allowed me to place the order. Got my confirmation e-mail, hopefully they actually ship.

3 hours ago, MrsGrohl said:

I was having issues on Wednesday. I tried to purchase 2 - $500 & 4 - $100 and it wouldn't let me put my state in. I decided to try from my phone (as opposed to my desktop) and it allowed me to place the order. Got my confirmation e-mail, hopefully they actually ship.

Why are you thinking they won't ship?  Just curious.  

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:16 AM, sredish said:

Why are you thinking they won't ship?  Just curious.  

I was surprised it processed and my credit hard had not yet been charged. They have shipped though so I should be getting them sometime this week.

I purchased $3500 and $2500 worth of cards on different days.  I had to wait until after 5:00 on both days.  Maybe everyone was like me and trying to do it while at work.  But when I waited until 7 or 8:00 it worked fine.  

Just tried to order 3 $500 cards and like those above, site froze up.  Changed it to 2 $500 cards and went through no problem.  How do they ship the cards?  Since I my ship to address had to be the same as my billed to address I am hoping by USPS so they leave it in a locked mailbox.  If its' by UPS I hope it requires a signature and that they leave a door tag!  I always have things of value shipped to my office, so not happy about having to use my home address.  Do they send you a shipping notice or tracking number?

My (recent) experience has always been that the $500 cards have always been shipped by UPS and do require a signature and I was also unable to order more than two of the $500 gift cards per transaction.  With a UPS MyChoice account, which is free, one can log in to their account and track what is being shipped to their address.  It is also possible to have a shipment redirected to a local UPS store and the customer can then go to the store to pick up the package.  I have never received a shipment confirmation from Rewards for Good and if I recall correctly, during the process of placing orders, the site does indicate that no shipment confirmation will be provided for gift cards or magazine subscriptions.