Almost Live: Maasdam - Seattle to Sydney 2019

Btimmer

I've enjoyed reporting on our EXC cruises on the Maasdam, so I'll be blogging this extended cruise daily throughout our trip.   Posts may be delayed depending upon internet availability, but you'll be able to vicariously come along. Generally I write late at night in the time zone I'm in and then post.  I'll put a few pictures in this thread from time to time, but  my blog can be found at:

https://timmerseattletosydney2019.blogspot.com

While we are pretty much packed and ready to go, posts won't start until Friday.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

I've enjoyed reporting on our EXC cruises on the Maasdam, so I'll be blogging this extended cruise daily throughout our trip.   Posts may be delayed depending upon internet availability, but you'll be able to vicariously come along. Generally I write late at night in the time zone I'm in and then post.  I'll put a few pictures in this thread from time to time, but  my blog can be found at:

https://timmerseattletosydney2019.blogspot.com

While we are pretty much packed and ready to go, posts won't start until Friday.

I've already got you bookmarked and ready to go!  Have fun!

Linda R.

Already bookmarked and ready to read.   I always follow your blogs, especially enjoy the reporting when I am on the same cruise with you and Angela!   LOL

Will miss joining you on the Maasdam, look forward to hear of the changes onboard and shuffling of staff from our recent January/February cruise with you on the Maasdam.

Safe travels and enjoy!

• Like 1

We were on the Maasdam for 21 days to Alaska, May 28-June 18.  I had followed your blog for the South Pacific trip, and found many helpful insights for our trip.  Looking forward to following on your new adventure, and to hear who's still on board from our trip (I know Rachel Moreno, one of the EXC experts, was staying on for at least part of your cruise).

Bon voyage, have a wonderful trip!

Laura

Looking forward to your blog. We will be on the Maasdam in November, can’t wait! Could you tell me who is the Future Cruise Consultant? We had a dreadful experience with the FCC on the Maasdam last year and as we hope to buy another Future Cruise Deposit we would like to know who we will be dealing with! Enjoy your trip.

8 hours ago, CJcruzer said:

Tim, curious if Daniel is still there as PG manager.

Florian is an excellent HD,  good that he is still onboard.

Brent is the Pinnacle Grill manager now.  We had a wonderful dinner there tonight as is described in my blog post.

Many of our favorite crew are back including the Captain Arno Jutten.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, daisybertie said:

Looking forward to your blog. We will be on the Maasdam in November, can’t wait! Could you tell me who is the Future Cruise Consultant? We had a dreadful experience with the FCC on the Maasdam last year and as we hope to buy another Future Cruise Deposit we would like to know who we will be dealing with! Enjoy your trip.

I'll report back when I learn the person's name.  I'm pretty sure it's not the same person.

Tim, I thought KK had been given the job of Travel and Cruise 

director?  I thought I had read that somewhere before.   Is she still onboard?   Unless the Kay you are referring to is the same as KK..

Glad you are off to a nice start!  

Edited by CJcruzer

Following as we are joining for 2 weeks at Tokyo on 31 July. Can’t wait. Love all the things you’ve commented on so far.

Quick question if I may - is America’s Test Kitchen running?

Don’t be too cross with us but we are joining with our 15 year old cruise loving son so would also be great to know if any other teens are spotted. He only needs a couple of nerdy kids to have a great time! 

2 minutes ago, Chewbecca said:

Following as we are joining for 2 weeks at Tokyo on 31 July. Can’t wait. Love all the things you’ve commented on so far.

Quick question if I may - is America’s Test Kitchen running?

Don’t be too cross with us but we are joining with our 15 year old cruise loving son so would also be great to know if any other teens are spotted. He only needs a couple of nerdy kids to have a great time! 

Re: ATK, I don't see a reference to it.  If I do see it, I'll comment in the blog.  There is a guest chef on board and that person will do similar demos (actually I like them better than ATK).

Re: teens, yes there are some on board, but for long I don't know.  A couple years ago we took our 15 year old grand daughter along on a 44 day Asian cruise on the Volendam and she was the only teen for much of it.