Almost Live: Maasdam - Seattle to Sydney 2019

Btimmer

2 hours ago, CJcruzer said:

Tim, I thought KK had been given the job of Travel and Cruise 

director?  I thought I had read that somewhere before.   Is she still onboard?   Unless the Kay you are referring to is the same as KK..

Glad you are off to a nice start!  

I don't think KK is onboard but I'll inquire today.  Kay is a super EXC guide from NZ and wasn't on the Sri Lankan leg we were on.

• Like 1

Kay was wonderful when we boarded in December in Sydney.  She left in East Timor,  when Brett boarded.  Is Matthew still on board?

I do not remember Lance on the Sri Lanka cruise.  Did he board after Feb. 15???

Thank you, Tim, for bringing us back on board ms Maasdam.

Barbara

Kay left in Papeete and wasn't back on for Sri Lanka.  Matthew is not on board.  I can't find a reference in my notes to Lance being on board. So it may have been another cruise we were on with him, perhaps the Oosterdam.  

• Like 1

For those wondering about the title of this thread, it's not titled 'Almost Live' because I only post once per day.  It's really a tribute to a former Seattle TV comedy show that sort of mimicked Saturday Night Live, and it had the title 'Almost Live'.

Sorry, didn’t know how to start a new question🧐. Can anyone tell me what beers are stocked, my DH is a craft beer or IPA guy, and not sure if a beverage package would work for us, thanks. We are on the Maasdam in November 

7 hours ago, Briansbrain said:

Sorry, didn’t know how to start a new question🧐. Can anyone tell me what beers are stocked, my DH is a craft beer or IPA guy, and not sure if a beverage package would work for us, thanks. We are on the Maasdam in November 

Check the bar menus on this site:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus

On our last few cruises, they always had bottles of Langunitas IPA (12oz). I am sure it varies from ship to ship and cruise to cruise. The draft beer selection is lacking IMHO. 

Note- the above experience was not on the Maasdam. We have yet to sail her.

Edited by Overhead Fred
Clarification

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

Check the bar menus on this site:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus

On our last few cruises, they always had bottles of Langunitas IPA (12oz). I am sure it varies from ship to ship and cruise to cruise. The draft beer selection is lacking IMHO. 

Note- the above experience was not on the Maasdam. We have yet to sail her.

Thanks Overhead!

Tim,

Enjoying your blog.  Read about the talk regarding stern warning (?) regarding visa/immigration for your Russian ports,   

Sent you an email asking what was said, specifically about Vladivostok - as we have that port stop next April.   From the report of April 2019 sailing, passengers could walk-off, tour independently, without visa, after having met with immigration.   

Would appreciate hearing procedures on your cruise,

Thanks, and enjoy!

Thanks for posting this thread (and your blog). I've only ever cruised on Princess ships so far and I'm looking at booking a cruise on HAL to expand my horizons so I'll be following along (quietly from the back row) with great interest. Hope you have a great trip.

Loving your blog. Our cruise on the Maasdam ended 7-9-19. What a wonderful journey it was. If you like beer, the brewery in Kodiak was a lot of fun. We visited the Bear Town Market. The vendors there had handcrafted items. We also walked out to North End Park. Ended up clocking 25,000 steps that day!!

Cheers and thanks again,

Denise