Sail Away cabins

Planning on a cruise to Bermuda and on a budget. Have cruised three times with NCL in inside cabin. This time I would love to have a balcony room. Sail Away prices are way lower than the other balcony cabins. Note on sail away cabins say that full or obstructed views may be possible. Has any of you ever booked a sail away balcony cabin? Was there a problem with the view?

I have booked two connecting obstructed balconies (verandahs) on the Nieuw Statendam in the Caribbean. We do not feel it will be mighty frustrating -- we will have nearly floor to ceiling wall-to-wall window, view of the sky and weather, seating outside, and some view of water between the lifeboats.

Now this is not NCL, and I take it that Sail Away balconies are a form of Guarantees? where you do not get to choose your own cabin number? In that case the rule is the same as all guarantees: Be sure you will be OK with the worst room possible.

• 2 weeks later...

On NCL Sailaway staterooms are GTY's with the cruise line selecting the stateroom, which can (if a balcony) be obstructed.  If another preferred stateroom is available within the same category as that assigned you may be able to subsequently request it. However, the stateroom may not be assigned as late as at check in.  Thus the reduced price.

Edited by leaveitallbehind