Bermuda cruise ship arrival back to Cape Liberty

Alzarine

We are arriving back from Bermuda on  Celebrity Summit 7/28/19.  Are there plenty of taxis or Uber’s around for transportation back to Newark Airport or is it smarter to buy cruise line transportation back to the air terminal ? 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

1 hour ago, Alzarine said:

We are arriving back from Bermuda on  Celebrity Summit 7/28/19.  Are there plenty of taxis or Uber’s around for transportation back to Newark Airport or is it smarter to buy cruise line transportation back to the air terminal ? 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Uber was easy a few weeks ago. A lot of people were using Uber and Lyft. They don't hang around.  When you book one an Uber will appear in about 10 minutes from close outside the port area in Bayonne.  I did not pay attention to the taxis except note there was a taxi pickup area beyond the Uber/Lyft pickup area. No way I would take a taxi anymore. No Way I would do cruise line transportation. 

Edited by Charles4515

23 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

No way I would take a taxi anymore. No Way I would do cruise line transportation. 

To Charles' point-- the taxis in New Jersey are not as well regulated as the ones in NYC. They're older, not as well maintained, and in less quantity. Uber/Lyft is by far your best option for a private car headed out of Cape Liberty. 

Since so many people will want Uber or Lyft as soon as possible as they disembark  watch for surge pricing. This happened to us after our cruise. We just waited a little bit then ordered the Uber surge pricing was gone

22 hours ago, Tony O said:

watch for surge pricing.

Definitely worth keeping an eye out for. We've disembarked Summit twice in Cape Liberty from Bermuda-- one time early and the last time the last group off. I think there are a lot of people who cruise from Cape Liberty that live close and drive themselves there.

Both times there wasn't surge pricing on UberX (although about an 8-10 min wait). Summit, by todays standards, is that large, but it's possible there could be with one of the larger RCCL ships that dock there. 

Edited by princeton123211