Symphony Anniversary Cruise Price Drops

So I keep checking on the prices for the Nov 2 2019 Symphony Anniversary Cruise, and the prices keep dropping dramatically, at least for the suites.  So far have saved 21% from original booking to June 21, now today another 6% from the June 21 price.  Total of 25.7% off original price.  Seems odd to me, since it should be a popular cruise.  Has anyone else noted these price drops?

1 hour ago, kmorg1234 said:

So I keep checking on the prices for the Nov 2 2019 Symphony Anniversary Cruise, and the prices keep dropping dramatically, at least for the suites.  So far have saved 21% from original booking to June 21, now today another 6% from the June 21 price.  Total of 25.7% off original price.  Seems odd to me, since it should be a popular cruise.  Has anyone else noted these price drops?

When was original booking?

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

RCI must have thought so too but apparently the pubic is not buying at those levels.

I think you are spot on.  I’m looking forward to the “surprise entertainment” but perhaps the premium was too much; didn’t fool or tempt people.  Now that it is priced back in the normal range for that time of year, perhaps it will be more popular.  Regardless, I am hoping everyone that is booked on that cruise notes the price drop and saves a few $$ before final payment.

1 minute ago, kmorg1234 said:

John, it was late Nov 2018.  I think you are going on that trip as well?

Yes, but not a suite 😉

Also on the week before. Looked at moving to week after, but the current net change is about $800

Edited by John&LaLa

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Prices are up in my category 

Pretty sure same thing happened to suites last year

That surprises me, but then again I am certainly no expert on any of this.   So while this may seem presumptuous of me, I would like to say that I have so appreciated your helpful advice and comments over the years.  Would there be any way we could meet for a drink and chat in November?  

11 minutes ago, kmorg1234 said:

That surprises me, but then again I am certainly no expert on any of this.   So while this may seem presumptuous of me, I would like to say that I have so appreciated your helpful advice and comments over the years.  Would there be any way we could meet for a drink and chat in November?  

Sure, seems I've run into more detractors than supporters lately. Hopefully there will be many opportunities. Are you on the roll call?

I may try another two week "Live". 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sure, seems I've run into more detractors than supporters lately. Hopefully there will be many opportunities. Are you on the roll call?

I may try another two week "Live". 

Great!  I’ll look into the roll call. I know I did see some activity a bit ago.  Don’t know what you mean about the two week live?

18 minutes ago, kmorg1234 said:

Great!  I’ll look into the roll call. I know I did see some activity a bit ago.  Don’t know what you mean about the two week live?

He will post live from the week before and the week of the President's/Anniversary cruise.  

• Thanks 1

The gs are still higher then when we booked on the last Presidents Cruise. Final payment is coming up quickly. I am thinking of downgrading to a balcony due to the premium of the cost of suites i. I. could save a lot of money. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

The gs are still higher then when we booked on the last Presidents Cruise. Final payment is coming up quickly. I am thinking of downgrading to a balcony due to the premium of the cost of suites i. I. could save a lot of money. 

And then RoyalUp😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1