Same Room on MAGIC 6 months apart leave note ?

phoneman69

18 hours ago, Chervil said:

That's a fun idea!
Also, maybe explain what it is in case anyone finds it!

For that matter, post date it and say that if you find this, it proves time travel is real!

That would be funny in any hotel room.

10 hours ago, DreamingOfLoveBoatDream said:

I was going to suggest the same thing.

Since that's been taken, I guess it depends how much effort people want to go to.

You might get some ideas from this Modern Rogue video. Now obviously you probably shouldn't tear things apart, but on the back of a painting, or the underside of a draw might work.

47 minutes ago, bambidrummer said:

That would be funny in any hotel room.

I was a bit shocked by his willingness to do things like rip a light fixture and the bathroom exhaust fan cover off the ceiling. When he made a move for the smoke detector/fire alarm, I was glad the other guy stopped him. That would've been a terrible move. Then there were things like unraveling the toilet paper that I'm sure were just done for comedic effect. If it were me, logic would dictate that the guy hiding the money wouldn't tear the room apart to hide it, because he'd then have to clean it all up in order for the other guy to look. So a lot of what the finder did, trashing the room, was completely unnecessary. Still though, I wish someone would make me that offer.

10 hours ago, Chervil said:

No real purpose other than having a bit of fun!
Will the note still be there?
Will someone else find it?
Will I remember what I wrote to myself?

It's like my family's tradition of adding "and that's to go" when giving our order at a drive-thru.
No reason for doing it, just entertaining ourselves!

I would say tape it to the underside of a low closet shelf. It's unlikely for it to be disturbed there. I almost did this but forgot to! 

I remember when I was a kid, I would slip a little note somewhere in a library book and got a kick out of it when I would find it later on. 

19 minutes ago, Doggielover68 said:

I would say tape it to the underside of a low closet shelf. It's unlikely for it to be disturbed there. I almost did this but forgot to! 

I remember when I was a kid, I would slip a little note somewhere in a library book and got a kick out of it when I would find it later on. 

I have found several notes in old books that other people left.
It is interesting what people stick in there.

We did this  😀

We were on Magic one year apart- Christmas 2016 and 2017. 

We wrote ourselves a note and taped it inside the nightstand.  Underside, on top. 

We wondered about that note all year long. 

One year later, it was so exciting getting back in the room, with video on, wondering if it would still be there. 

It was still there!!!!  I was even more excited than my kids. Lol. 

• Like 1

We were on the Carnival Pride in March 2019 and left a business card with a note on it and a pencil in the closet with the life vests.  When we sailed in the same room again in June 2019, it was still there undisturbed.  So this time we left a rubber duck, but we won't be back on until April 2020. We'll see if it is still there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CarnivalCruiser112 said:

We were on the Carnival Pride in March 2019 and left a business card with a note on it and a pencil in the closet with the life vests.  When we sailed in the same room again in June 2019, it was still there undisturbed.  So this time we left a rubber duck, but we won't be back on until April 2020. We'll see if it is still there.

Now that you don't need your life jacket for Muster Drill it might be their. Quack Quack

Bit off topic but......I have a friend who hides a generous tip for house keeping at hotels.  Her theory if they do a through job cleaning they will find the tip.  If not it another guest might find it or a coworker doing a subsequent more thorough cleaning.  

On 7/12/2019 at 2:17 PM, jsglow said:

Really?  When was the last time you looked at the underside of a drawer in your kitchen?  We build the house we have lived in for the last 30 years. I better go examine the underside of a few drawers!  🤪

Touche

On 7/12/2019 at 9:13 PM, cocomango said:

We did this  😀

One year later, it was so exciting getting back in the room, with video on, wondering if it would still be there.

Post the video!!

I have done this on my last three cruises on Carnival Pride in which we were in the same Ocean Suite each time.  I leave behind my used-but-not-used-up battery-operated tealight candles.  I buy them new for each cruise, use them as nightlights in the bathroom, and then, at the end of the cruise, I leave one of them behind, in the same place that I left the previous trips' candles.  I write "ShakyBeef" and the year on it in Sharpie, then place right next to the previous ones. 

I did this in February 2013, September 2016, and November 2017.  In 2014, we stayed in an Aft Wrap Vista Suite, and I didn't leave a candle there.  But we have stayed in this same OS at least four times, and on our second or third time in what we think of as "Our Suite", I decided on a whim to play this little game. 

I decided to do so based mainly on the amount of filth and debris and trash left in various places from previous passengers.  I don't care what anyone says, those cabins do NOT get cleaned properly (at least not anywhere near my standards of "clean") between guests.  So I wondered how long does this crap build up, and how long would it be before something I leave would be removed?  The place I chose to leave my candles is one of the places that I clean on every cruise, on Embarkation Day.  But it is obviously not a spot that any Room Steward cleans even once a year.🤢   

When I placed the November 2017 candle (our most recent cruise in "Our Suite"), the 2016 and 2013 candles were still there (and one of them still worked).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

I have done this on my last three cruises on Carnival Pride in which we were in the same Ocean Suite each time.  I leave behind my used-but-not-used-up battery-operated tealight candles.  I buy them new for each cruise, use them as nightlights in the bathroom, and then, at the end of the cruise, I leave one of them behind, in the same place that I left the previous trips' candles.  I write "ShakyBeef" and the year on it in Sharpie, then place right next to the previous ones. 

I did this in February 2013, September 2016, and November 2017.  In 2014, we stayed in an Aft Wrap Vista Suite, and I didn't leave a candle there.  But we have stayed in this same OS at least four times, and on our second or third time in what we think of as "Our Suite", I decided on a whim to play this little game. 

I decided to do so based mainly on the amount of filth and debris and trash left in various places from previous passengers.  I don't care what anyone says, those cabins do NOT get cleaned properly (at least not anywhere near my standards of "clean") between guests.  So I wondered how long does this crap build up, and how long would it be before something I leave would be removed?  The place I chose to leave my candles is one of the places that I clean on every cruise, on Embarkation Day.  But it is obviously not a spot that any Room Steward cleans even once a year.🤢   

When I placed the November 2017 candle (our most recent cruise in "Our Suite"), the 2016 and 2013 candles were still there (and one of them still worked).

So where did you leave them?

2 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

I hope something that movable and size was in the life vest shelf. Would not know of another location but i have never had a suite.

There are lots of locations in a Suite.:classic_wink:

3 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

There are lots of locations in a Suite.:classic_wink:

Is this a place that's unique to suites, or can be found in all cabins?

C'mon, you'd be doing everyone a great service if you told us so we can look for ourselves. If I were to see it, I'd have no problem asking the steward to take care of it. And I'd probably let Carnival know that it appears to be an area that rarely gets cleaned.

10 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Is this a place that's unique to suites, or can be found in all cabins?

C'mon, you'd be doing everyone a great service if you told us so we can look for ourselves. If I were to see it, I'd have no problem asking the steward to take care of it. And I'd probably let Carnival know that it appears to be an area that rarely gets cleaned.

This is a place that can be found to some extent in all cabins, but found in more abundance in Suites.  And that's all I'm saying.  The game I'm playing is Hide the Tealight, by myself, not Twenty Questions with y'all.:classic_laugh:

Seriously though, on the cleaning thing - I know the Room Stewards numbers have been cut back, and so they are spread more thin and overworked more than they used to be.  I have found some disgusting dirt and messes and LOTS of trash left behind in various places in "Our Suite", as well as in other cabins over the years.  But it has been the worst on our last few cruises. 

There's a lot of space to clean in a Suite, and I just don't think Carnival gives their Room Stewards enough time to get them sufficiently cleaned anymore.  So I do what I can to make up for some of that lack of cleaning myself.  I can't do anything about the vacuuming (have seen large dust bunnies under the bed, and wads of hair on the floor beside the bed, and clumped dust clinging to the balcony curtains), but I can throw away the garbage, wipe down a lot of surfaces, and clean away the disgusting caked dust on the ceiling vents, etc.