Cape Liberty Parking-Summit

CruiserFromNJ

Has anyone sailing on the Summit used a free parking pass at Cape Liberty?   Were you able to park in the garage and was redeeming the voucher an easy process process?  We are sailing on the Summit on July 28 and I haven't been able to find any info on the boards about the free parking vouchers.  Thank you in advance for any info.  

I have never heard of such a pass either. It will be interesting to see the responses.

OP, you may also want to ask this question over in the East Coast Departures forum (although I will add that I haven’t seen anyone mention it there, either).  Parking at the Cape Liberty Cruise Port is paid when you exit, via a machine. 

Yes, we were on the Summit on the 6/5 sailing and had a free pass from our TA. You need to turn it in at the end with the ticket from the garage. 

Edited by klscaz

1 hour ago, klscaz said:

Yes, we were on the Summit on the 6/5 sailing and had a free pass from our TA. You need to turn it in at the end with the ticket from the garage. 

Thank you for your response, it was very helpful.  I have one more question for you.  I read in a post above that Parking at the Cape Liberty Cruise Port is paid when you exit, via a machine.   How does that work with the parking pass?  Is there someone at the exit you give the pass and ticket to?

15 hours ago, hcat said:

How does one acquire a free parking pass  from X, TA  other?

Celebrity was running a promotion when I booked offering free parking at Cape Liberty when cruising on the Summit.  It is good for sailings until 10/06/2019.  The pass came from the travel agent.

14 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I have never heard of such a pass either. It will be interesting to see the responses.

OP, you may also want to ask this question over in the East Coast Departures forum (although I will add that I haven’t seen anyone mention it there, either).  Parking at the Cape Liberty Cruise Port is paid when you exit, via a machine. 

Thank you for your response.  I have never parked in the garage so I am not familiar with the procedure.  Last time I parked there was before the garage.  Are there also employees there to collect the money?

14 hours ago, TeeRick said:

As far as I am aware the Cape Liberty garage is public and is run by the NY/NJ Port Authority (??).  So not likely for a parking pass unless perhaps something special from a TA??

Thank you for your response.  Celebrity was running a promotion when I booked offering free parking at Cape Liberty when cruising on the Summit.  It is good for sailings until 10/06/2019.  The pass came from the travel agent.

4 hours ago, CruiserFromNJ said:

Thank you for your response.  I have never parked in the garage so I am not familiar with the procedure.  Last time I parked there was before the garage.  Are there also employees there to collect the money?

I don’t recall anyone collecting money. As in so many places these days, you get a ticket when you park (put it in your safe during the cruise and don’t lose it!), and then, after the cruise, you put the ticket in a pay machine and pay. The machine gives you a ticket so you can exit the garage and, I assume, the overflow lot.  Since another poster above said you turn in the voucher with your ticket from the garage, perhaps you bypass the pay machine.  The porters helping folks get their luggage from the terminal to the garage know about how to pay and get out, so I would ask one of them. 

That’s a nice promo you got!  Enjoy your cruise! 

9 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I don’t recall anyone collecting money. As in so many places these days, you get a ticket when you park (put it in your safe during the cruise and don’t lose it!), and then, after the cruise, you put the ticket in a pay machine and pay. The machine gives you a ticket so you can exit the garage and, I assume, the overflow lot.  Since another poster above said you turn in the voucher with your ticket from the garage, perhaps you bypass the pay machine.  The porters helping folks get their luggage from the terminal to the garage know about how to pay and get out, so I would ask one of them. 

That’s a nice promo you got!  Enjoy your cruise! 

Thank you for all of your help.  I see you have an upcoming cruise on the Summit in September.  I don't know when you booked but if you are driving to the port you could ask your travel agent if you are eligible for a voucher .  Thank you also for your nice comments about the promotion and the cruise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CruiserFromNJ said:

Thank you for your response.  Celebrity was running a promotion when I booked offering free parking at Cape Liberty when cruising on the Summit.  It is good for sailings until 10/06/2019.  The pass came from the travel agent.

Nice job and good savings at $22 per day.  I have seen a well known automobile/travel service offer free parking at Cape Liberty but I have not seen Celebrity or RCCL actually do this.

13 hours ago, CruiserFromNJ said:

Thank you for your response, it was very helpful.  I have one more question for you.  I read in a post above that Parking at the Cape Liberty Cruise Port is paid when you exit, via a machine.   How does that work with the parking pass?  Is there someone at the exit you give the pass and ticket to?

The porter directed my husband to an attendant in a booth. You have to stop there before you get the car.

20 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Nice job and good savings at $22 per day.  I have seen a well known automobile/travel service offer free parking at Cape Liberty but I have not seen Celebrity or RCCL actually do this.

Thank you very much.  I have not seen RCCL offer the free  parking but I am grateful to have it for our Celebrity cruise.