Suite and Inside Cabin

SausPud

On 7/12/2019 at 2:07 PM, SausPud said:

Generous Dad you are, generous friend I am not. The single guest is paying her own way, not a family member or name and their cabin is at the front of the ship a deck above. So nowhere near us for that to count.

As mentioned, it's worth just asking and trying. 

Breakfast we won't be eating together as they prefer buffet and I prefer service (eggs benedict), so that isn't an issue.

It's that we go to a special restaurant for lunch when boarding and await our Butler to come and collect us (so I have read), She can go to her room once onboard if lunch is an issue, it's just a matter of getting on board and if any special seating for the shows. 

Or if anyone else can think of anything else where they might separate us.

The lunch on embarkation I would think she would not get in, they check your cruise card. Theirs would not have the mark on it. Rather than have the embarrassment of being refused i would suggest they not try. 

When ever we have had a suite a butler has never come to collect us. They announce cabins are ready and we just wander off. Usually the Butlers are busy going round introducing themselves so do not expect them to come and find you.

You don't get any special seating for the shows. Not a lot of perks for being in a suite on Pando. About the only real ones are the embarkation lunch (which is why they don't usually let others in) and breakfast in the morning in a place separate to the MDR and buffet. For me that was lovely. It is waiter service. 

On 7/12/2019 at 5:05 PM, Selbourne said:

The best description of the buffet that I heard from a fellow passenger was “Feeding time at the zoo”. One I would throw in is ‘Norovirus Central’ as I have always been convinced that it is the highest risk area for that holiday ruining bug!

We met a great couple on Azura in 2013 who have become good friends, they refer to it as 'The Swillery' and it's sort of stuck with us 😂🙊 😂