What is included with a suite?

mj_holiday

We have been on one Azamara cruise in a standard veranda.  I can't seem to find what is included if we were to book a suite?  I understand that there is an in suite bar set up - what does that include?

Besides the size and location  of the cabin what else is included?

35 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

We have been on one Azamara cruise in a standard veranda.  I can't seem to find what is included if we were to book a suite?  I understand that there is an in suite bar set up - what does that include?

As below.  There are 4 half bottles of scotch, gin, vodka and rum.

24D6DC8A-B626-4970-B108-3D436E372CCB.thumb.jpeg.80a55d2745dc1e06ba11fd05d296c075.jpeg

Here's what the website lists--

English butler service

240 complimentary Internet minutes per guest

One free bag of laundry service per suite, each seven days

Complimentary seating in the specialty restaurants dining

Priority embarkation and debarkation

Complimentary in-room spirits

In-suite afternoon tea service

$300 in Onboard Credit per person (Club World Owner’s Suites, Club Ocean Suites, Club Spa Suites categories only)

8 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

Thank you for considering our suites!
Here's the web page on our suites and what is included: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/suites

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the links.  If I understand things correctly, in a suites there will be a mini bar set up (someplace it set with 4 half bottles of liquor). Can complimentary beer and soda be included in the mini bar?  Also, if there is a complimentary mini bar why is there a need to buy a drink package (as I have seen discussed on this board) and questions about what will come with room service?  Can you get a bottle of wine complimentary with the mini bar?

The only alcohol included in a suite is the bar set up ie 4 half bottles of liquor. All other alcohol in the suite is chargeable, except the welcome sparkling wine. You can have room service delivery of alcohol providing you've bought a beverage package. All sodas that are in the fridge are included. 

Phil 

As I understand it the spirits will be the standard included spirits. The drinks packages include other more ‘premium’ brands.  All sodas are included. The Ultimate drinks package includes a wider range of wines by the glass than the two white, two red, one rose and one sparkling wines that are included.

Some people report being able to swap one of the spirits for wine, but others have said they couldn’t. Don’t know about beer.

If you buy a package, you can have drinks from the package served to you in your room, but included drinks can’t be served to your cabin by room service. (Mind you they are small ships, so you’re never too far from a bar)

• Like 1

Be careful, there is a little bottle of wine by the mini bar, it is NOT complimentary.  You can ask your butler about adding included items to your fridge, if not go and get some beers from the bar yourself. Your mini bar will be kept stocked up with sodas of your choice, your butler will ask you at the start about preferences (or they should).  

People buy packages to get better quality spirits but Host Grandma is incorrect the spirits in your bar set up are at the level of the premium package e.g. bombay Sapphire gin, JW Whisky they are not the included ones.  The ultimate has Hendricks/Tanquerey which is the step one more up.

You can ask the butler about putting a bottle of the included wine in your room.

Edited by uktog

Glad to hear the 4 spirits are from the premium range - Gin could be Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray as both of these are in the premium package   - it’s Tanqueray 10 in the Ultimate package along with Hendricks, Aviation & Plymouth.

List of drinks in the two packages is here https://www.azamara.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Not quite, Gin is always Bombay Sapphire in the suites.  It is not a direct read over to the packages you mention.  The bottle size is 375cc.  The whisky is alway JW Red and the Vodka is always Stolych.  I cannot recall the rum as we always swap it for another whisky

I various reply's on this forum I am bit confused as to whether the following items are still included, they are currently listed

on Azamara's on  website

1. Turndown treats, I presume these are chocolates

2. Use of umbrella and binoculars

3.  Fresh cut flowers

4. Daily fruit basket

5. Tote bag

In practice are these still included in a suite?

34 minutes ago, uktog said:

Not quite, Gin is always Bombay Sapphire in the suites.  It is not a direct read over to the packages you mention.  The bottle size is 375cc.  The whisky is alway JW Red and the Vodka is always Stolych.  I cannot recall the rum as we always swap it for another whisky

Unless it’s recently changed the rum is Bacardi Gold.

21 minutes ago, Malcolm142 said:

I various reply's on this forum I am bit confused as to whether the following items are still included, they are currently listed

on Azamara's on  website

1. Turndown treats, I presume these are chocolates

2. Use of umbrella and binoculars

3.  Fresh cut flowers

4. Daily fruit basket

5. Tote bag

In practice are these still included in a suite?

From my very recent experience on Journey in a Verandah cabin I would say yes to some extent, and in all cabins, not just suites.

1. Turndown treats are small pieces of cake, usually chocolate and were provided every night

2. Umbrella was in the wardrobe. Binoculars are no longer in cabins, supposedly you can ask to borrow them at Guest Relations. They were never very good quality - better to bring your own. We also had a clock.

3. Fresh flowers - we had alstroemeria, which lasted the whole 16 days - they weren’t changed.

4. Fruit basket is not in the cabin, but the information in the cabin says you can ask your room steward for one.

5. Tote bag - an improved version this year which had a zip pocket on the inside.

36 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Unless it’s recently changed the rum is Bacardi Gold.

Out of interest, what mixers would you put with Bacardi Gold.  I’ve only ever drunk the white variety.  Is it more like a dark Rum?

9 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Out of interest, what mixers would you put with Bacardi Gold.  I’ve only ever drunk the white variety.  Is it more like a dark Rum?

Bacardi Gold is a lightly spiced rum, this is a review I found:

Bacardi Gold Rum is amber in color and a blend of distilled rum that has been aged in charred oak barrels for two years. Bacardi Gold has aromas of burnt sugar, molasses and wood. Bacardi Gold is a smooth rum and has dominant flavors of oak, with vanilla, spice and tropical fruit. Bacardi Gold is full-bodied with a balanced finish of subtle wood. Drink Bacardi Gold Rum neat, on the rocks, mixed with colas or fruit juices, or in your favorite rum cocktails.

12 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Bacardi Gold is a lightly spiced rum, this is a review I found:

Bacardi Gold Rum is amber in color and a blend of distilled rum that has been aged in charred oak barrels for two years. Bacardi Gold has aromas of burnt sugar, molasses and wood. Bacardi Gold is a smooth rum and has dominant flavors of oak, with vanilla, spice and tropical fruit. Bacardi Gold is full-bodied with a balanced finish of subtle wood. Drink Bacardi Gold Rum neat, on the rocks, mixed with colas or fruit juices, or in your favorite rum cocktails.

‘Thank you.  

Although the bottles in the suites are not great they are better than I expected.  Will are butler give us the mixers that go with them?  Do the butlers still provide afternoon tea?  This is our first time in an AZ suite as well.

35 minutes ago, Lady's Mom said:

Although the bottles in the suites are not great they are better than I expected.  Will are butler give us the mixers that go with them?  Do the butlers still provide afternoon tea?  This is our first time in an AZ suite as well.

I drink vodka and I like cranberry juice and it showed up daily. For the rum i use coke.

• Like 1

I think I may have read this info on the forum, but I can't find the thread. If you are staying in a suite, you are given 235 internet minutes. Do you use up the internet minutes first, and then buy an internet package for your remaining days? Will they give you a financial amount to apply toward your internet package instead of the 235 minutes? I am just not sure how it works as I will be on a 16 day cruise next month, and want to use my internet minutes wisely. I understand that I will not receive my LCV internet minutes as well as my suite minutes. Thanks!

3 hours ago, JSCW6 said:

I think I may have read this info on the forum, but I can't find the thread. If you are staying in a suite, you are given 235 internet minutes. Do you use up the internet minutes first, and then buy an internet package for your remaining days? Will they give you a financial amount to apply toward your internet package instead of the 235 minutes? I am just not sure how it works as I will be on a 16 day cruise next month, and want to use my internet minutes wisely. I understand that I will not receive my LCV internet minutes as well as my suite minutes. Thanks!

Think there a two day time frame to buy the package..think two days. You do not get to use the suite internet minutes first. 

6 hours ago, Lady's Mom said:

Yes.  You can have afternoon tea, then canapés and/or cheese and biscuits a little later.  

4 hours ago, JSCW6 said:

You can apply the suite minutes towards the package.  You get $150 credit, but you must buy the package before Day 3.  On a 16 night cruise the package at current rates would normally be $320 so you will pay $170. You cannot use the 235 minutes and have the $150 credit you can however buy the package at any time paying for the remaining days.  In simple maths terms will 235 minutes last you 8 days plus, if so use the minutes then get a package however I find it more convenient to have a package as I’m not wasting time logging on and off.