Celebrity Newbie check in question

Iggy68

The search feature wasn’t very helpful with this so apologies if it’s a daft question. We’re sailing on the Silhouette on Sunday from Southampton and on the embarkation letter, we’ve been given a check in appointment of 1.45, as we’re on Deck 6. But on the express check in pass, it says anytime between 10.30 and 2.30. Do Celebrity really stick to the appointment slots? (I’ve only cruised on NCL before and you can turn up anytime with them)

In general, I have been given check in times and just show up when most convenient to me and always check in with no issues.  You are on Silhouette and when I sailed on that ship out of FLL, I just showed up and checked in.   But I have not sailed out of Southhampton on Silhouette, Edge or any other Celebrity ship so maybe others will comment.  Edge might be different from Silhouette.

Edited by TeeRick

You should have no issues checking in when it is convenient to you.

Celebrity is trying to manage the crowd control. 

We sailed out of Southampton once for a Baltics sailing--- sooo beautiful. Would love to sail out of that port again

The suggested boarding time is intended to manage the flow of people and minimize wait time particularly in ports that don’t have a lot of space or seating.

You can go when it is convenient for you, however personally I wouldn’t show up before 11:30-12.  If you arrive before boarding begins you will be checked in but then will wait to board.

The cabins are not available until between 1-1:30 so any carryon luggage will remain with you until then.

yeah - we did our first cruise out of Sydney last year and our papers said 1:30-2:30pm boarding time, but advice I got from CC members was just to turn up when we wanted and we'd probably get on board ok - and that happened to be the case

Celebrity introduced a new practice when we sailed Edge in January.  They allowed us to board the ship around 11 AM and drop off our carry on luggage in our cabins right away even before they were ready (usually 1-2 PM).  I have heard that they have introduced this on a few other ships that completed the Revolution already.  Not sure if it is fleet-wide yet and not sure if they allow this on Silhouette.  It is very convenient!

Thats only on edge at the moment.  Suites can leave carry ons etc in Michael's  -and occasionally we have been allowed to leave it in the suite.  Otherwise it stays with you until the cabins open which i would imagine is quite  pain.

Southampton port is quite large but there is no seating at all so if there is a queue you will have to wait standing - hence the recommended check in times to manage the numbers and try to get a good experience for everyone.  Standing in line for an hour isn't a good start for most.

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We were on Summit last month and they invited guests to drop off their luggage in their room on boarding but asked that you remain in public areas afterward until all cabins were ready.

Yes I think they are allowing this on ships that completed the Revolution.