Worst Burger on the Planet

crockea

32 minutes ago, chemmo said:

In any venue, let alone the suite restaurant, if I was served anything that ‘was full of fat and gristle’ I’d complain....Did you complain and what was the response?

We have enjoyed a few Luminae burgers. We don’t order them often as we do find it a heavy lunchtime offering. This is not a criticism of the burger just that we want to enjoy an evening meal later...However in all our Celebrity cruises we have never experienced anything as bad as you describe in any venue...

we didn't complain.  we probably should have but I always feel so bad complaining on a cruise.

1 hour ago, Orator said:

It was quite some time ago. I asked the F&B Manager about the composition and he told me that it was lamb. He also said that it was probably not prepared correctly. 

The regular burgers in Luminae are beef, however they do have a lamb burger on one of the menus.

The burgers are usually very good but there was one cruise where the meat was very strange. It was like rubber. 

17 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

Isn't that when they offered something like Kobe beef burgers and they charged for them at the outdoor grill, without any warning or notification to passengers? I think that lasted just a few days on the first cruise and then went away. Probably with the really good beef, too.

Yup, there was a revolt on this board and LLP was on board, probably influential in making the change. I think it was the Equinox.

7 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Yup, there was a revolt on this board and LLP was on board, probably influential in making the change. I think it was the Equinox.

Constellation had them.  They were really good.  Most of the people complaining were on CC and not on ships.  

They could have gone somewhere in the middle and not gone Kobe style, but used regular Angus and just charged $5.  It would have rattled fewer cages.

4 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Constellation had them.  They were really good.  Most of the people complaining were on CC and not on ships.  

They could have gone somewhere in the middle and not gone Kobe style, but used regular Angus and just charged $5.  It would have rattled fewer cages.

There was also a bit of controversy that they weren't really Kobe beef which I believe is trademarked.

5 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

There was also a bit of controversy that they weren't really Kobe beef which I believe is trademarked.

Problem is finding the trademark stamp in the burger. And once it's eaten you don't really want to look for it, so I guess I would take their word for it. Your thoughts, Don? 😬

Im going on the Silhouette soon and will check the burgers out for myself.

I have had more burgers than hot dinners and would call myself a bit of a self taught expert on them.

Sometimes a cheapo burger can taste a lot better than a 3 michellin star burger.

• Like 1

Was never a fan of the Luminae burger.  Mast Grill burgers on our Silhouette cruise in March were very good and the fries were fantastic,  but the burgers at the Lawn Club Grill were excellent!  Had lunch there twice!

Edited by CruisersTimesThree
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, K12Guy said:

Isn't that when they offered something like Kobe beef burgers and they charged for them at the outdoor grill, without any warning or notification to passengers? I think that lasted just a few days on the first cruise and then went away. Probably with the really good beef, too.

Kobe beef burgers don’t exist. Would cost about $250 per/burger to use Kobe beef and the beef is far too fatty to work in burger form. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, keesar said:

A couple of cruises ago, the burger had a grayish tint to it.  But it did taste like a typical Mast Burger --after asking for cheese, grilled onions, mushrooms, and condiments.  Also, having a stiff drink from our drink package also helped.

Did you get my Turkey burger by mistake!??!😉

They are always grey, but who wants a rare Turkey burger.  They ARE cooked to order, so I never have to worry about them sitting for hours in a warming pan.

S.O. has had the Luminae burger a few times, and likes it a lot- but does feel it's too rich to have all the time.

When will Luninae have a Duck burger?  Now we're talking.😁

Andrew

41 minutes ago, Blazerboy said:

Did you get my Turkey burger by mistake!??!😉

They are always grey, but who wants a rare Turkey burger.  They ARE cooked to order, so I never have to worry about them sitting for hours in a warming pan.

S.O. has had the Luminae burger a few times, and likes it a lot- but does feel it's too rich to have all the time.

When will Luninae have a Duck burger?  Now we're talking.😁

Andrew

We order turkey burgers as we know they will not have been sitting in the greasy warming tray.   This is especially true when I see the tray filled with burgers.

I remember the days when they had chip and cheese, wings, etc along with the burgers and dogs.  

5 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

We don't eat meat, so I can't comment on the beef burgers.  However, they do have a very decent veggie burger at the grill, for those who care.

I eat meat, but I do like those veggie burgers, black bean based, I think? Just a bit crispy and chewy, fairly tasty.

2 hours ago, Gonzo70 said:

Kobe beef burgers don’t exist. Would cost about $250 per/burger to use Kobe beef and the beef is far too fatty to work in burger form. 

Thanks. I've never had a burger, in any form, on a cruise ship and my ignorance about Kobe and Angus is overwhelming. Thus, pardon my ignorance on this one. I was spouting what my very poor memory urged me to type at the time. I still have problems thinking about how Kobe Bryant might have a cattle ranch someplace, raising beef for burgers.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Orator said:

The Luminae burger is made with lamb. I tried it after so many raved about it and found it not to my taste. Burgers at Mast Grill are better to me.

The burgers we had there were definitely beef and not lamb. The taste and smell would be completely different. Have they changed this recently? 

I've always thought that Luminae menus are not very descriptive, but surely they'd state 'lamb burger'? 

2 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

It wasn't Kobe beef. It was some US company that produces Kobe"-like" beef - though Celebrity advertised it as Kobe beef on the menu.

Yes, a national chain sells a Kobe style ground beef.  I bought a pound to try and made it into burgers.  80% lean and it cooked up on a grill  with many flare-ups.  It tasted sweet and less beefy than Angus in my opinion. Some could call it greasy.