Explorer 2

Don't think its always the case of what you are wearing defining how smart/scruffy you can appear.

My son wore tailored shorts, smart casual shirt and grey converse on occasions in MDR.

He looked more smartly dressed than some gentlemen who wore ill fitting dress shirts and dress trousers

Wear what you feel comfortable in and enjoy yourself!

We are the fortunate  ones that can go on holiday 

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:41 AM, ormy said:

It's not that the MDR is the only dining option, if they don't want to dress smartly just use the self serve restaurant. I do think Marella should have a long look at their dress code, you would certainly not get away with such dress on P&O.

That is because Marella cruisers are not the same as P&O cruisers, there are some people who cruise with both but amusingly on P&O if you mention you cruise on Marella you may get some interesting reactions. Lots more snobs on P&O, and just as many drunks!

Edited by davecttr

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

That is because Marella cruisers are not the same as P&O cruisers, there are some people who cruise with both but amusingly on P&O if you mention you cruise on Marella you may get some interesting reactions. Lots more snobs on P&O, and just as many drunks!

Hi Dave.

i just don’t understand where this i am better than you attitude comes from we are all mostly British and mostly employed or retired holidaymakers, just go and enjoy your holiday. We have never traveled with any other cruise lines so nothing to compare but I have never seen any proper drunks on Marella. (A few tipsy guests maybe but you can blame that on the rolling of the ship)🤫

Keep well.

Dear hubby hates getting "dressed up" Did on our first cruise for the photos and ever since then we use then buffet on formal nights. He's not a slob, always smart casual, no jeans in mdr, closed sandals etc, but is really uncomfortable in a DJ.

Although someone on the Azura, (our first and last time with P and O), a few weeks ago told us that we shouldn't/wouldn't be allowed into the theater on formal nights if not in appropriate attire, there was "a bar that we could use" Needless to say, we went to the theatre with no problems and did look for the lady that told us the porky to try to sit next to her. 😋

Hi Taffno1, I think you're on the same cruise as us in October.  Your hubby doesn't sound like a slob and you are obviously aware of the dress code, we like to dress up but this time my DH will take smart trousers with a long sleeve shirt and tie for the dress to impress night. You don't have to wear tux and you don't  have to eat in the buffet.   The lady on Azura sounds like a snob, no need for that on Marella!

9 hours ago, taffNo1 said:

Dear hubby hates getting "dressed up" Did on our first cruise for the photos and ever since then we use then buffet on formal nights. He's not a slob, always smart casual, no jeans in mdr, closed sandals etc, but is really uncomfortable in a DJ.

Although someone on the Azura, (our first and last time with P and O), a few weeks ago told us that we shouldn't/wouldn't be allowed into the theater on formal nights if not in appropriate attire, there was "a bar that we could use" Needless to say, we went to the theatre with no problems and did look for the lady that told us the porky to try to sit next to her. 😋

Another example of the P&O fashion police! There are plenty of venues on P&O ships where smart casual is OK on formal night. This is another reason why I am now cruising with Marella more often