Who is currently booked on a World Cruise?

Juno777

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the 2021 Princess World Cruise - Roundtrip Los Angeles. We are also looking at possibly booking a world cruise for every other year, with a some type of Grand Adventure or back-to-back Seasonal Cruises on the odd years. We love cruising, and now have the time to do much more of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sergeant Major said:

We are booked on the 2021 Princess World Cruise - Roundtrip Los Angeles. We are also looking at possibly booking a world cruise for every other year, with a some type of Grand Adventure or back-to-back Seasonal Cruises on the odd years. We love cruising, and now have the time to do much more of it.

Wow, that's ambitious!  And I presume you like Princess?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Wow, that's ambitious!  And I presume you like Princess?

Since we live full-time in our RV & timeshares, we look at cruises as our retirement vacations. So far PCL and HAL are our favs, but we actually haven't taken a bad cruise on any cruise line so far. (knock on wood). I appreciate all the help I have gotten from your many posts, thanks Wendy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sergeant Major said:

Love your website and blog, Don. I blog about our travels too, but my small musings aren't as comprehensive as yours. Is there a way to subscribe so I'll be notified by email when you have a new post?

Looking forward to meeting you and Debbie on the Island Princess

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sergeant Major said:

Since we live full-time in our RV & timeshares, we look at cruises as our retirement vacations. So far PCL and HAL are our favs, but we actually haven't taken a bad cruise on any cruise line so far. (knock on wood). I appreciate all the help I have gotten from your many posts, thanks Wendy.

Wow, living the life, aren't you?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Aquadesiac said:

Love your website and blog, Don. I blog about our travels too, but my small musings aren't as comprehensive as yours. Is there a way to subscribe so I'll be notified by email when you have a new post?

Looking forward to meeting you and Debbie on the Island Princess

Thanks Aquadesiac. Our retirement website is more for travel planning for me rather than blogging. It also allows our family & friends to keep up with our travels, so they know where we are & what we are doing. Most of our relatives think we live a crazy, gypsy type of lifestyle and they tell us they need a normal sticks & bricks home with roots planted in one place. To each his own & variety is the spice of life. We both worked hard, it is now time to see the world & enjoy the fruits of our labor, because life is so short & a long life is never promised.

I don't have any kind of newsletter, most simply drop in now & then when we are on their minds. We do book a lot of timeshares, and always welcome family & friends to come stay with us whenever they can. We often book two bedroom suites, but even the one-bedroom units often have a spare sofa sleeper or Murphy bed for guests. I also see you are from Missouri, and I was born & raised in Southern Illinois. Some of my favorite parts of Missouri are the Mississippi River Valley, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, and of course the Ozark mountains. We look forward to meeting up on the cruise. We feel like we are going to make lots of new friends.

3 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Wow, living the life, aren't you?

Wendy, funny you should say that, we have thought the same of your many cruises. We love the fact you travel on many high-end cruises; you are an inspiration. We hope to also meet you in person some day too. One thing age has taught me is to learn from others experiences, and you are a wealth of information on cruising.

My goal is to live a champagne lifestyle on a beer budget. Now that the budget is going to start getting better with me turning 59 1/2 in six months, and then my wife doing the same in 4 1/2 years, the purse strings are going to free up and allow world cruises to become a reality too. Thanks again.

Edited by Sergeant Major
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Sergeant Major said:

Wendy, funny you should say that, we have thought the same of your many cruises. We love the fact you travel on many high-end cruises; you are an inspiration. We hope to also meet you in person some day too. One thing age has taught me is to learn from others experiences, and you are a wealth of information on cruising.

That is funny, since so many people we meet have travelled much more than we have.  But we've been very lucky, I admit, and we started with the best, the Paul Gauguin in 2000 (run by the then Radisson.)

But then I talk to or meet someone (as I did yesterday), who has already been on a Crystal WC, and is booked on two successive RSSC world cruises, this winter and next.  And then those who have booked these fabulous large cabins.  Meanwhile, we will scrimp and save to have that incredible luxury to sail in 2021 for four months on a wonderful ship, albeit the smallest cabin on that ship!

And yes, it would be great to meet someday.  Where do you hang out in your RV when you're not travelling?

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Meanwhile, we will scrimp and save to have that incredible luxury to sail in 2021 for four months on a wonderful ship, albeit the smallest cabin on that ship!

And yes, it would be great to meet someday.  Where do you hang out in your RV when you're not travelling?

We are like you, we scrimp & save, and live within our means while enjoying life. I am the Frugal One, so my wife has to work on me to get me to free up some extra money so we can also splurge now & then. We sold our CA home at a loss to be able to get on the road traveling while we still are young enough to have quality of life. We have lived without any kind of medical insurance coverage for 9 years now & will not have any until Aug. 2020 (not by choice), we got slammed in 08/09 when the stock market crashed (nothing ventured, nothing gained), we bought our RV when 5 years used (let someone else suffer the 80% depreciation), and we just replaced the engine & transmission in our 2004 Ford Explorer because it was cheaper than buying something else new or used (love living debt free), and so on.  We never try "Keeping Up With The Joneses."

We see the value, economy, and many other advantages of seeing the world by use of World Cruises. Also, I never get jealous of others, but rather I am truly happy for them. I am envious for your travel accomplishments, and I hope to follow in your footsteps to see the world. I may never do a high-end cruise, but that is just me & my extreme frugality. I will do both quality & quantity to enjoy life as much as possible. I may someday cruise on a high-end cruise ship, but when I do I will have likely grabbed a last minute cancellation on an all cash deal. That is the way my brain works. 🙂

Since our RV is our primary residence & timeshares are our secondary residence, we are always on the move. We slow travel most of the time throughout the USA, Canada & Mexico staying 2 to 4 weeks at each campground or timeshare and then move again. It allows us to thoroughly explore the surrounding areas by SUV while conserving on fuel costs with the RV. We have 108 membership campgrounds were we can camp for free; so even if we stay at each one of them for one month each, it takes 9 years just to visit them all one time. We also have 100s of discounted campgrounds. As far as timeshares go, we have about 150 of them we can now live in with just the yearly maintenance fee costs, as well as 100s of discounted timeshares. We could live 12 months per year in campgrounds, timeshares, or cruise ships, but choose to do varying amounts of time in each. My linked website shows our past, present, & future travel plans under the TRAVEL LOG section. We are currently in the PNW while doing some cruises out of Seattle & Vancouver. We will be down in Southern California by Thanksgiving & Christmas of 2020, and then off on our 2021 World Cruise out of LA in January. Home is where we sleep each night! Thanks again for sharing all of your knowledge. I would love to meet you someday! I am still in search of the BEST TRAVEL AGENT, and I bet you know their name. 🙂

Edited by Sergeant Major
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sergeant Major said:

We have lived without any kind of medical insurance coverage for 9 years now & will not have any until Aug. 2020 (not by choice), we got slammed in 08/09 when the stock market crashed (nothing ventured, nothing gained), we bought our RV when 5 years used (let someone else suffer the 80% depreciation)

Wow, that must be scary not having medical coverage.  Being Canadian I can hardly imagine, but spending about 6 months a year in the States I kind of can. I'm betting you can hardly wait to get that coverage next year. 

We took advantage of the real estate crash in the States to buy our little condo in Florida--at the time you couldn't hardly buy a garage for that in Toronto. We spent 8 great winters there so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

We took advantage of the real estate crash in the States to buy our little condo in Florida--at the time you couldn't hardly buy a garage for that in Toronto. We spent 8 great winters there so far.

Good for you on getting the condo during the real estate crash, and saving the most money possible. We got our RV & added greatly to our timeshares during that crash, and got some great deals. We couldn't sell our real estate at that time, so we did a Lease Option and got rid of our CA real later on while we were already traveling full-time. We took one step back and two steps forward, and kept our Eyes on the Prize.

"Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful." -- Warren Buffett

Edited by Sergeant Major
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing some of two:

Crystal Serenity: Los Angeles to Sydney

Connecting with a 3-day layover to

Queen Mary 2: Sydney to New York.

With Amtrak Baltimore to Los Angeles and then New York to Baltimore at the end I will finally be circling the globe without flying.

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I'm doing some of two:

Crystal Serenity: Los Angeles to Sydney

Connecting with a 3-day layover to

Queen Mary 2: Sydney to New York.

With Amtrak Baltimore to Los Angeles and then New York to Baltimore at the end I will finally be circling the globe without flying.

That's kinda brilliant! Plus you get to skip the eastward portion of the Cunard WC. I so enjoy adding an hour to my day more than giving up one!

We're on the Costa Deliziosa for a "real" world wide tour. We leave Venice on January 5 2020 and return April 26.  I started a roll call but no one has signed on.  Sorry Cruise Critic, but this website is almost impossible to negotiate since it was "updated" a few years ago.

I 'd love to hear from anyone going on this cruise 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Who is going to convince my wife to join me on a WC .

Recently retired and while I need to experience a 30 day plus cruise first, I have a WC high on my bucket list.

Just need to drug the wife !

Don't know if this will help, but my DH just put together a video montage of our pictures from our 2018 World Cruise. It'll take you and you wife around the world in under 70 minutes and show a good bit of what shipboard life is like. We had a ball and are looking forward to doing it again in 2021! Here's the link: 

14 hours ago, markf said:

Who is going to convince my wife to join me on a WC .

Recently retired and while I need to experience a 30 day plus cruise first, I have a WC high on my bucket list.

Just need to drug the wife !

Take that shorter cruise.  Doesn't have to be 30 days.  What did it for my husband was our 18-day cruise about three years ago, on the same ship we'll be on for the WC.  It helped that it was part of a circle South America grand voyage, so when we got off in Lima, lots of people didn't.  And we didn't want to get off either!  

After percolating for a couple of years, we got a brochure in the mail, and it was my husband who suggested we do the WC.  I had always thought that it would be a wonderful idea, but never really thought we'd do it (or have the wherewithall to do so.)  About a month later, after lots of discussion, we booked.

So give your wife time, and do take that longer cruise.

On 9/28/2019 at 8:19 AM, LynnTTT said:

We're on the Costa Deliziosa for a "real" world wide tour. We leave Venice on January 5 2020 and return April 26.  I started a roll call but no one has signed on.  Sorry Cruise Critic, but this website is almost impossible to negotiate since it was "updated" a few years ago.

I 'd love to hear from anyone going on this cruise 

There are 2 ways to find roll calls...one way works and the other way doesn't seem to. 

Go to "Categories", scroll down to the Roll Call category, click on your cruiseline...when the next page comes up it will list all the ships...click on your ship, then the next page will list all the roll call sailings for your ship. Look to see if your sailing is there (there might be more than one page)...if so, click on it and start reading...if not, you can start the roll call or wait till someone else does. 

Doesn't work for me.  I go to Roll Calls, pick Costa and it doesn't take me to a link for the ship.  I just have to scroll thru by date, and sometimes the heading is the ship, sometimes by date etc. 

If you can find a Roll Call for the Deliziosa for the world tour (other than the one I started) it would be great!!

2 hours ago, LynnTTT said:

Doesn't work for me.  I go to Roll Calls, pick Costa and it doesn't take me to a link for the ship.  I just have to scroll thru by date, and sometimes the heading is the ship, sometimes by date etc. 

If you can find a Roll Call for the Deliziosa for the world tour (other than the one I started) it would be great!!

Yeah, you have to sort through the subject lines, they're not standardized.