Upgrade from Family Veranda to Aqua class aft?

EWR224

I too am surprised that 2 are booked in an FV...

We have tried to book these in the past for our party of 4 and were completely refused.

We ended up booking 18+ months in advance (with a 5th dummy person booking) to secure one!

Ultimately for unrelated reasons we had to cancel that trip but it was still quite far from sailing so I would think they would still have held it for 5.

I know X doesn't cater to kids but I have to say I don't think they offer very many options for families in terms of room arrangements.  (I'm sure some of the giant suites are probably adequate but something in a more "medium" price range...)

What would be incredible is something similar to an FV but maybe with two somewhat more equally sized bedrooms.  A shared central living space, two (small is OK!) bedrooms and two baths.)  These could be good for groups of friends traveling together, too.  The 2 bedroom Haven suites on NCL Escape are similar to what I'm describing although the second bedroom is quite a bit smaller with an interior bathroom, good for kids, less great if you are the second set of friends 🙂

13 hours ago, awhfy said:

Personally I’d stay with the much larger Family Veranda. My DH & I are not fond of Blu or the small dining area

Agree with you 100%!  We tried AC twice to try Blu.  Did not like it either time (one an M class - Summit and one S class-Solstice).  The FV cabins are awesome!  Tons of space and storage.  Much better than having a small just to eat in Blu.  Balcony to die for!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the_dylaness said:

I too am surprised that 2 are booked in an FV...

I think folks need to stop being surprised by this. As a number of us have explained above, there may come a point when a cruise is being sold when Celebrity opens up the FVs for booking by fewer than five guests.  You never know if or when this will happen, so if this is of interest to you, you need to keep checking to see if there are FVs in the common inventory. Also a good idea to join your Roll Call, as someone else may notice this before you do and post an alert. That’s how I learned very early one Saturday morning some years ago that the corner FVs had opened up on our TA on the Infinity, and I jumped on one. 

(So did others. The photo in post 24 is from the FV above us on that TA. 🙂)

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

I know the corner FV's balcony is much bigger (with that bathtub wall), but are the sizes of the corner and next to it cabins the same?

I believe so from the deck plans, except for a long entrance hallway in the corner FVs. But I have only sailed in a corner, so I’m not speaking from personal experience. However, if you search You Tube, I’m pretty sure you can find some videos of the non-corner FVs. 

17 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

I know the corner FV's balcony is much bigger (with that bathtub wall), but are the sizes of the corner and next to it cabins the same?

Yes, largely the same except for the entrance "hallway" on the corners where you could store luggage, e.g., but not really usable space.

17 hours ago, warmwinds said:

You will have people to talk to in Blu, if you so desire.  You'll sit next to different people every night, and most are willing to strike up a conversation.  At a big table in the MDR you'll have the same people every night.

Are you in a corner FV or the one next to it?

You won't necessarily have the same people every night in the MDR if you're in select dining.  Just tell the maitre d' you want a share table.  I usually specify maximum of 6-top.  Difficult to carry on a conversation at an 8-top. 

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I think folks need to stop being surprised by this. As a number of us have explained above, there may come a point when a cruise is being sold when Celebrity opens up the FVs for booking by fewer than five guests.  You never know if or when this will happen, so if this is of interest to you, you need to keep checking to see if there are FVs in the common inventory. Also a good idea to join your Roll Call, as someone else may notice this before you do and post an alert. That’s how I learned very early one Saturday morning some years ago that the corner FVs had opened up on our TA on the Infinity, and I jumped on one. 

Absolutely.  On a Norway cruise, one of our alert Australia members noticed that the corner OVs had opened up to booking by anyone.  Our roll call grabbed every one!  Fabulous cabin!

19 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I’ve had a corner FV twice as a solo when they opened up in the general inventory.  As you say, no mystery.  One just has to keep a look out.

Phil

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 3:50 AM, upwarduk said:

I have never been in Aqua, but I would say stay with the FV, as you have 2 rooms, so plenty of space for you to use as you desire. ie a room each? 

D8838899-9414-47E0-81B1-55D8E733FC45.jpeg

48C4751B-299F-4170-B704-D4C5863E0795.jpeg

Looks  really great...a suite at less than suite pricing?

• Like 3