What do you want to know about the Grand Princess?

Dani24

I'm sailing on the Grand to Alaska in less than two weeks (departing July 25th). These boards have always been such a big help in planning our cruises, and I appreciate all the bits of knowledge everyone shares.

So I'd like to offer to return the favor. 🙂 If there's anything I can try to snap a picture of or inquire about on our upcoming sailing, let me know! I'll make a list! It'll give me a purposeful excuse to explore the ship and chat up the staff. 

In case this inspires any specific questions, we're staying in a Window Suite. And we're bringing our daughter who will be in the kids club (she's 7). 

I also plan to capture all of the Patters and MDR menus, but let me know if there's something else along those lines you'd like me to try to get as well.

• Like 2

Thanks for letting me know about the robes in full suites. Could you also see if they are offering a wine package on these 10 day cruises?  I know they are supposed to but it’s happened before that they didn’t when they should have.  I really appreciate the help in planning what to bring. 

• Like 1

I have created a Google Doc for my upcoming trip in December. You may find some of it interesting. I would appreciate anything you find on the ship that you think may be of interest to others. Since your trip is 11 days and mine is 15 there may be a difference in package prices. Click link in my signature.

Hi. I am on the Grand right now...nearing the end of the 10 day Alaska  cruise.  We are relaxing up on deck 15...where Skywalker's  used to be..now the One5 lounge.

We are in a suite, and as always, the best perk is the suite breakfast..moved from Sabatinis to the Crown Grill.  

Dinner in the Club Class section on the main dining room is OK..Giovani always greats you with a smile.

I have to say that the entertainment offered on this cruise is pretty lame (this is our 24th cruise with Princess)  there was an Elton John "impersonator" a couple of nights..he wasnt bad.

Ill try to remrmber to check this message board. If anyone has questions about this Grand ole lady

Someone asked about favorite excursions...we took the Raptor-Eagle (now not sure of the correct name in Haines. It was absolutely wonderful!  They have 3 bald eagles there, plus several other birds (including a really cool owl of some sort)

Edited by GreenValleyDogWalker
Typo

12 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Thanks for letting me know about the robes in full suites. Could you also see if they are offering a wine package on these 10 day cruises?  I know they are supposed to but it’s happened before that they didn’t when they should have.  I really appreciate the help in planning what to bring. 

Yes. There are the nice, plush robes in the full suites 

17 hours ago, LARGIN said:

Club Class..  Say Hello for Waiters Edgar & Royston and Head Waiter Giovanni if he is still there and tell them Larry & Ginger will see them in September.

I will definitely keep an eye out for them both and pass along the message. 🙂

17 hours ago, BeeInSF said:

Dani24, thanks for the offer! We're heading out on the AK trip out of SF in August with our 4-year old. Would love to hear your impressions when you return! 

For sure! I'm going to try to capture the kids club Patters too, because that's something I haven't been able to really find. We've only done a Disney cruise with our daughter, so I'm very interested myself in how Princess compares for kids.

17 hours ago, milolii said:

Thanks for the offer.  We cruise on her next spring.  If you can report on the suite experience that would  be great.  Any tips appreciated. Have a wonderful cruise.  

I'll definitely share my thoughts on the suite experience. It's our first time, so I want to take full advantage. 🙂

15 hours ago, marybrodo said:

Favorite excursions would be much appreciated; any info welcome.  Thank you very much for offering and look forward to it.

I will chat up people on board to see what others liked/didn't like about the ports and share that feedback too.

12 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Yep! You're at the top of my list already! I will get a picture of the robes we get so you can see for yourself. If they're not the plush ones I will ask about those.

Dani24, we will be sailing on the Grand in October in a window suite, so if you can take pictures, that would be awesome.  We are in suites F307 and F309.   This is our first time in a suite so am really looking forward to it.  Being in a window suite, hubby is going to miss the balcony we usually get with a mini suite, but it's a short cruise so he can deal with it.  I'm going to exchange the alcohol for the new coffee package.

Enjoy your cruise to Alaska.  We did a land tour to Alaska but flew to Anchorage and sailed from Whittier. 

Thanks in advance for any information you provide.

Margaret

We will be cruising with Margaret in October.  Would love to see pictures of the suite and find out about the robes.  We were in a suite on the Grand a few years ago and loved all the perks.  Breakfast was one of our favorite perks.  Have a great cruise!

11 hours ago, Dani24 said:

I will definitely keep an eye out for them both and pass along the message. 🙂

For sure! I'm going to try to capture the kids club Patters too, because that's something I haven't been able to really find. We've only done a Disney cruise with our daughter, so I'm very interested myself in how Princess compares for kids.

I'll definitely share my thoughts on the suite experience. It's our first time, so I want to take full advantage. 🙂

I will chat up people on board to see what others liked/didn't like about the ports and share that feedback too.

Yep! You're at the top of my list already! I will get a picture of the robes we get so you can see for yourself. If they're not the plush ones I will ask about those.

Thanks a picture would be great. 

3 hours ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

Like to know if any “escape room” and  “heist on the high sea” activity on Grand to Alaska.....(what days, etc)...

Just returned last week and there was a "heist on the high sea".  It will be on the patter and is an ongoing event.  I "think" there was an escape room as well. 

13 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Hi. I am on the Grand right now...nearing the end of the 10 day Alaska  cruise.  We are relaxing up on deck 15...where Skywalker's  used to be..now the One5 lounge.

We are in a suite, and as always, the best perk is the suite breakfast..moved from Sabatinis to the Crown Grill.  

Dinner in the Club Class section on the main dining room is OK..Giovani always greats you with a smile.

I have to say that the entertainment offered on this cruise is pretty lame (this is our 24th cruise with Princess)  there was an Elton John "impersonator" a couple of nights..he wasnt bad.

Ill try to remrmber to check this message board. If anyone has questions about this Grand ole lady

Say hello to Club Class Hostess Renata, Head Waiter Giovanni & Waiters Roysten & Edgar from Larry and Ginger and tell them we will see them in September.  Also tell Giovanni I will be bringing a couple of bottles of Nero d'Avola and give Renata a big hug as she is going home after this cruise.

• Like 1

I'll be cruising on the Grand in September. I've already been on most of the ships in the Princess fleet in my 15 years of cruising with Princess, but never the Grand yet, so I'll be very interested in reading about your impressions of her (+& -), as well as what you might consider important to know about her.

7 hours ago, Belle said:

May 26th Alaska cruise had the Escape Room, now charging $5.00. (was free)

Had the Heist, held over a few days. Free.

What? Are you serious? They're charging $5.00 for the Escape Room? 😲

What's next, charging for a show? 

On 7/13/2019 at 9:14 AM, c-boy said:

hello Dani, if your in the area of Crooners,  and are willing to snap a few photo's. I'm interested if the remodel changed lounge area . Thank you

I’m sure we’ll end up in Crooners at some point, and I’ll get some pictures!

22 hours ago, margob111 said:

Dani24, we will be sailing on the Grand in October in a window suite, so if you can take pictures, that would be awesome.  We are in suites F307 and F309.   This is our first time in a suite so am really looking forward to it.  Being in a window suite, hubby is going to miss the balcony we usually get with a mini suite, but it's a short cruise so he can deal with it.  I'm going to exchange the alcohol for the new coffee package.

We’re in F301, which is a bit smaller than the other window suites and doesn’t have the countertop under the windows. So it’s a little different than what you’ll have. But I think outside of that it’s the same. As for the balcony, we sailed to Alaska 9 years ago in an Oceanview and had a fabulous time. We were going to book a minisuite this time, but the Window Suite was cheaper! I figure that the Promenade is right above us, and the stairs up to deck 7 are super close to the rooms, so we’ll treat the Promenade like our balcony. 🙂

15 hours ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

Like to know if any “escape room” and  “heist on the high sea” activity on Grand to Alaska.....(what days, etc)...

Absolutely! I already plan to join in the High Seas Heist (I did see on a Patter from May that they were offering it). And I’ll definitely be watching out for an Escape Room to join too, if they have it.