Cruise Critic Community
aqua

Church on the Spilled Blood concern

I want to let St. Petersburg visitors know about our recent scary experience. My husband and I visited this beautiful church while on tour with a local St. Petersburg tour agency. While we waited for our guide to purchase tickets, my husband took photos of the areas around the church. He was not taking photos of displayed artwork.  Suddenly a street vendor grabbed and pushed him and yelled at him not to take photos of his art.  My husband pushed him back and the vendor tried to kick him.  My husband walked away. Within a few minutes, he observed the same vendor accost two other tourists in a similar manner. 

Our guide was not responsible for this incident and could not have seen or heard it. My husband did not tell anyone until after we returned to the ship.  Because the vendor attacked three people within a few minutes, it may be some sort of frightening scam.  I notified our tour agency when we returned home and they responded with concern and the promise to warn their guides and guests.

Oh my. Hope the incident did not ruin your trip. Thank you for sharing this as this can help everyone else stay alert and be cautious of any street vendor when visiting the Savior on the Spilled Blood.  

Thank you for your concern. It happened near the end of our two day tour and did not ruin our visit to this magnificent city.  I just don't want this to happen to other innocent tourists!

Thank you for your concern. It happened near the end of our two day tour and did not ruin our visit to this magnificent city.  I just don't want this to happen to other innocent tourists!
Thank you so much for the warning, at least now we can be vigilant.
I bet it's some kind of distraction scam.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk