When can you use "the app"?

zitsky

We are on the Summit in September.   The app only started to show our cruise without the "it's too soon" message a month or so ago.   It was certainly available by the time of final payment (which was in June).  Even so, there's very little of use on the app yet that wasn't available before.

56 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

The app is primarily for use once on the ship

Similar to Viking.  But there are some things before you can do I guess?

Edited by zitsky

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Similar to Viking.  But there are some things before you can do I guess?

You can use the app to check in, but you can also still do that on Celebrity's web site.    Our Xpress Passes are on the

Right now, for September, I can see on the app the shorex I've booked, but not specialty dining (and I'm told that is not unusual).   Really, it's no big deal at the moment, it will be more useful on board. 

We used it on our Alaska cruise on the Millennium.  It didn’t show all our excursions and specialty reservations until the week before the cruise.  Before that it wasn’t complete.  Checked in with the App. Checking in went so fast.  Took our pics and onto the ship.  Able to drop off our carryons right away but wanted us to leave so rooms could be completed. Room cards on door.  Loved the new decor. So much brighter.  Beds comfortable. 

I have been looking at current cruises to get an idea of times and days of events.  Many are pretty much the same every week.  You can do this by choosing the "Get more details on ships we support"

Obviously it wont be exactly the same, but no different than looking for recent dailies that have bern generously posted by others here.

We are 41 days out so it is nice to see it.

We are on the Reflection in September! I downloaded the APP and in the beginning the only ships tour booked showed! Looked nice! Subsequently, next two tours did not show up and yesterday original tour disappeared On my calendar! 

Our Express Pass was easily processed and has time to checkin!

I don’t expect anything to substantially change until beginning of September. We will see!

I just got "access" to our December 1 cruise on Edge in the app this Friday, June 19 - that's 135 days in advance. There is nothing in the Daily Planner (the "areas" ie. fitness center, iLounge, Eden etc. are showing, but there are no specific activities per day), but deck info, stateroom info, muster station and ship time are showing already. So are the menus of the restaurants, although I believe they may be placeholder menus. No programme for the Theatre either. The "stateroom controls" and "electronic door lock" buttons are visible, but when pressing, I'm advised that they will not work before I'm onboard and connected to the ship's wifi.

I'm surprised I got access to my sailing this far out.

On 7/13/2019 at 2:12 PM, Louhut1 said:

Also App was handy to see daily activities.  You can also text roommate.  

as long as you realize that all daily activities aren't shown in the app......and that while you can text your roommate, they won't hear any notification sound that a message has arrived...they will have to check the app to see if there is a message.

The app is helpful, but has some rather large limitations

17 hours ago, ghstudio said:

as long as you realize that all daily activities aren't shown in the app......and that while you can text your roommate, they won't hear any notification sound that a message has arrived...they will have to check the app to see if there is a message.

The app is helpful, but has some rather large limitations

I won't be on board for another couple of weeks, but I was playing around on the app.  Under the activities, the default is set to "recommended"  If you hit the filter button, you can select "Show All"  I won't be able to confirm for awhile, but I'm wondering if this is what people are reporting when they say it's missing some daily activities.

You are correct that the default is recommended and you have to manually change the filter to all (if you can figure out what "filter" means)....but that's not the problem.  Even when you are showing "all", there are activities that are not shown.  One day on the Constellation last week there was an event highlighted in the paper daily....it was not even on the app.  I missed it because I was using the app and never looked at the paper schedule.  I spoke to the individual who was seated in the guest services area to help with the app (he was hidden away in a corner) and he said that they couldn't add activities/events to the app on-board....someone in HQ had to write all the text describing the activity and then add it....and that took at least 2-3 days.  For example, guest entertainers sometimes do an afternoon show (happened twice on our cruise)....never on the app.  The process itself makes it almost impossible for the app to show all events.  

Then there's the white navigation arrow which you can't see because it's on a white background and the arrow just disappears.  This just compounds the confusion of how to get to where you want in the app.  And if you are on B2B cruises, good luck trying to load that second cruise....there is a click box which says something like "change my cruise" which takes you to a page to link your current cruise to other passengers which makes absolutely no sense. 

The system obviously knows if you are captains club select, elite, etc....it would be easy to add events that are appropriate to your "status" to your list of events...but those events remain on a paper sheet.

It's, at best, a work in progress....not ready for prime time.

Edited by ghstudio
  • Thanks 1

We cruise in September on the Equinox and a few weeks ago, the app started showing some items.  However, I am having issues checking in online, so I thought I would try via the app and now there are these long terms and conditions that I need to agree to.  I have scrolled through them and hit "accept", but I just get an error message.  I am hoping all of this clears up fairly soon.  

On 7/13/2019 at 10:52 AM, zitsky said:

I got the impression you can use it before the trip.  But I just downloaded it only for it to say it's too soon.  (Cruise is in December.)  When can I start to use it?

We sail the Edge on 11/15 and I was able to see some of our cruise info when I looked on 7/4, so I'm guessing you will be able to use it any time now.

BZ