Portside BBQ

I saw a blurb in a newspaper talking about Allure and the new dining option Portside BBQ. It sounds great and I really like BBQ. The article did not mention if this would be free or included with cruise fare or would this be a specialty dining like a playmakers where you pay per item. Anybody have any info on this new eatery once Allure and I guess Oasis get their makeover.

• Like 1

I've seen several articles on the Portside BBQ, but none mention any cost or if the venue is complimentary.  If I had to guess, I'd say it's priced per item, only because if it was complimentary, I would think Royal would mention that.

14 minutes ago, md80fan said:

I saw a blurb in a newspaper talking about Allure and the new dining option Portside BBQ. It sounds great and I really like BBQ. The article did not mention if this would be free or included with cruise fare or would this be a specialty dining like a playmakers where you pay per item. Anybody have any info on this new eatery once Allure and I guess Oasis get their makeover.

It is a pay restaurant, ala carte would be my guess

I’ve seen in several places that this will be a pay per item location, but what I’m curious about is whether or not it will be included in the Unlimited Dining package. I imagine we won’t really know until it opens on the Oasis, but I’d really love to know!

9 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

how can you have good bbq without open flame/smoking the meats? 

Don't know, but I'm looking forward to getting the reports back from this venue.

• Like 1

There’s nothing quite like a good smoked cut of meat.

Whether it’s a perfectly done brisket or fresh filet of salmon, there’s something about that smoky flavor.

But smoking isn’t easy.

You need charcoal and wood and lots of time.

Right?

The good news is: electric smokers have made smoking a whole lot easier.

Before you balk at an electric appliance producing flavors anywhere near what a charcoal smoker could achieve, just remember that this model have come a long way. Many of them are now putting out smoked flavor that rivals more traditional methods.

Of course this comes from the electric smoker industry, it could be skewed. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

There’s nothing quite like a good smoked cut of meat.

Whether it’s a perfectly done brisket or fresh filet of salmon, there’s something about that smoky flavor.

But smoking isn’t easy.

You need charcoal and wood and lots of time.

Right?

The good news is: electric smokers have made smoking a whole lot easier.

Before you balk at an electric appliance producing flavors anywhere near what a charcoal smoker could achieve, just remember that this model have come a long way. Many of them are now putting out smoked flavor that rivals more traditional methods.

Of course this comes from the electric smoker industry, it could be skewed. 

We have an electric smoker, and a Big Green Egg.  The electric produces good results.  The Egg produces excellent results.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is in the same space as El Loco Fresh but on the port side as opposed to the starboard side.  They are taking space away from the teen area. 

I didn't realize El Loco Fresh was on Allure.

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is in the same space as El Loco Fresh but on the port side as opposed to the starboard side.  They are taking space away from the teen area. 

And the smell of BBQ will waft up to the cabins above.  Damn, I’m in trouble. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I was on the NCL "Bliss" when it had it's maiden Panama Canal cruise May 2018 and they had a BBQ restaurant on board called "Q". I must admit it was some of the best BBQ I have ever tasted,  and I would like to think that I know good BBQ when I taste it.

If NCL can produce it on their ship i'm sure that RCCL can do likewise. (they had a large smoker on board, SLOW - N LOW BABY....)

Can't wait to try it in the future to decide for myself