Portside BBQ

How can they charge 2.50 for a ice tea,  ice tea is free all over the ship.  Second thought, who would pay for ice tea when 25 feet away at Loco Fresh it is free. Other then that it looks pretty good.  $8 for a turkey leg is not bad, last one I bought at Disney World was $12. Just have to hope it really is smoked meats. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2019 at 9:33 PM, John&LaLa said:

Enchantment did charcoal cooking on the pool deck 2-3 years ago. Put a big mat down and had fire extinguishers next to fire.  Set up in the area across from the bar

Radiance did it the other month sep 20 TP and is Free , pork ribs, chicken and snags all cooked on charcoal :classic_rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, garnetpalmetto said:

As someone born and raised in the Carolinas, I'll be interested to know what sauces they'll have available. If there's some Eastern NC style sauce I'll be a happy man.

If not, they can make it.  They have everything they need.

My Dad is from Eastern NC.  His cousins were the top BBQ team in the area back in the day.

6 hours ago, garnetpalmetto said:

As someone born and raised in the Carolinas, I'll be interested to know what sauces they'll have available. If there's some Eastern NC style sauce I'll be a happy man.

probable more mid-western type sauces with Molasses   😄

Edited by Tulsacoker

4 minutes ago, garnetpalmetto said:

LOL nice ninja edit. You were about to get the lecture that it's Central South Carolina that uses mustard and that Eastern North Carolina is vinegar and pepper based. 🤣

lol thought I saw SC .. heck NC SC are kissing cousins 

Edited by Tulsacoker

23 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

How can they charge 2.50 for a ice tea,  ice tea is free all over the ship.  Second thought, who would pay for ice tea when 25 feet away at Loco Fresh it is free. Other then that it looks pretty good.  $8 for a turkey leg is not bad, last one I bought at Disney World was $12. Just have to hope it really is smoked meats. 

If it's fresh brewed ice tea or true sweet tea vs. that concentrated mess they serve for free, I might be willing to pay $2.50  around day six :).  Wonder if it will be included with the beverage package...

11 hours ago, Noskill said:

If it's fresh brewed ice tea or true sweet tea vs. that concentrated mess they serve for free, I might be willing to pay $2.50  around day six :).  Wonder if it will be included with the beverage package...

If served with BBQ, it SHOULD be true sweet tea.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 4:28 PM, taglovestocruise said:

maybe this is REAL iced tea and not the crap they usually serve?

I still don't get how this is going to be good/real BBQ. 

On 11/11/2019 at 4:43 PM, Hogbay said:

Radiance did it the other month sep 20 TP and is Free , pork ribs, chicken and snags all cooked on charcoal :classic_rolleyes:

you know what, you are right. I remember charcoal on either Enc or Grandeur for a cookout one July 4th. Maybe they will be able to give us real bbq...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 3:26 PM, Ivana Cruise said:

Someone posted a menu today on social media. 

51F8F7DF-2C18-4680-8821-377EDCFF2E51.jpeg

That's almost too many choices to think that they are smoking that fresh on the ship. Each one of those meats cooks at different temperatures and for different lengths of time. If they are actually doing it on ship, hard to believe they are burning wood to create smoke - likely electric heat with liquid smoke or something like that to simulate smoked meats...

It looks like they are using these Combi Oven Smokers (https://www.foodservicedirector.com/operations/combi-ovens-make-it-easier-menu-barbecued-flavor) that can burn small wood chips - along with "a bold hickory flavor that uses smoke from real wood" - which sounds a lot like liquid smoke. 🙂

Either way I will withhold final judgement until I'm on a ship that has one...