Hotel Recommendations Pier 91

dahuffy

Good afternoon everybody! Hubby and I are booked for a Alaskan Princess cruise in July 2020. I'm trying to find a decent hotel that won't break the bank. Planning on staying 1 Saturday night. I'm finding some decent deals online but then I have to factor in the transportation from Sea-Tac to hotel, hotel to pier and pier to Sea Tac. Trying to keep the hotel stay around $200(including taxes and fees)

3 hours ago, dahuffy said:

Good afternoon everybody! Hubby and I are booked for a Alaskan Princess cruise in July 2020. I'm trying to find a decent hotel that won't break the bank. Planning on staying 1 Saturday night. I'm finding some decent deals online but then I have to factor in the transportation from Sea-Tac to hotel, hotel to pier and pier to Sea Tac. Trying to keep the hotel stay around $200(including taxes and fees)

http://www.silvercloud.com/seattlelakeunion?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5fHWnt2y4wIVrP7jBx1GYgEIEAAYASAAEgIYTvD_BwE

8 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I checked out their webpage and they don't give rates until you book or it's too early to get the info. But thank you. I'll keep checking. 

We are booked at "Hotel 116" for $204.00 Thought I'd do some checking for something a bit cheaper.

Edited by dahuffy

1 hour ago, dahuffy said:

I checked out their webpage and they don't give rates until you book or it's too early to get the info. But thank you. I'll keep checking. 

We are booked at "Hotel 116" for $204.00 Thought I'd do some checking for something a bit cheaper.

The rates and room types are right there when you put in the dates you want.  🤔

You must be a long way out for your cruise?

We use them often. They have several locations around the city.

Seattle is not cheap in the summer.

12 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

The rates and room types are right there when you put in the dates you want.  🤔

You must be a long way out for your cruise?

We use them often. They have several locations around the city.

Seattle is not cheap in the summer.

Yes, I'm a year out. But I did manage to get one booked for $149 at the Hilton Sea Tac and Conference Center. They off a free airport shuttle and a shuttle to port for a small fee. I got a courtyard view.

Edited by dahuffy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/13/2019 at 12:33 PM, dahuffy said:

Fly to SeaTac.  Rent an Avis car.  Spend the day touring the area.  Stay overnight at the Mediterranean Inn in Queen Anne, near Seattle Center/Space Needle.  In the morning, the first person that is dressed and ready, drive the car to the Avis office at KOMO Center and return it, then walk back to the hotel (less than a half mile).  Then take the Mediterranean shuttle to the pier for $7 per person.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 6:30 PM, dahuffy said:

Yes, I'm a year out. But I did manage to get one booked for $149 at the Hilton Sea Tac and Conference Center. They off a free airport shuttle and a shuttle to port for a small fee. I got a courtyard view.

Can you tell me what the shuttle schedule and price was to the port?  This may be my best option as a solo traveler.

Thanks!

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:35 AM, awhcruiser said:

SEATAC to downtown is over 30 minutes away.  I would rather get closer the day before the cruise and stay downtown!

Some of us travel on a limited budget.  It's been years since I've been able to stay in downtown.

On 9/21/2019 at 12:10 PM, Roz said:

Some of us travel on a limited budget.  It's been years since I've been able to stay in downtown.

The only reason we can stay close to downtown is through a yearly free certificate with my credit card.  I just wonder if after factoing the cost of the hotel near the airport, then transportation to the port is a person really saving that much money?

31 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

The only reason we can stay close to downtown is through a yearly free certificate with my credit card.  I just wonder if after factoing the cost of the hotel near the airport, then transportation to the port is a person really saving that much money?

For me it is.  Seattle Express charges $15 per person for a transfer from several SeaTac hotels to Pier 91.  There's more than a $15 difference between hotels, even if it's my sister and I and we're paying $30 for transport. 

2 minutes ago, Roz said:

For me it is.  Seattle Express charges $15 per person for a transfer from several SeaTac hotels to Pier 91.  There's more than a $15 difference between hotels, even if it's my sister and I and we're paying $30 for transport. 

Ok...Was curious about that.  Enjoy your next cruise!

6 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Ok...Was curious about that.  Enjoy your next cruise!

Just for the heck of it, I went to the Hilton website, since I usually book as a Hilton Honors member.  I'm quoting the Honors discount rate for Saturday, May 30, 2020.  Hilton downtown $263 vs. Hilton SeaTac $134.  Hampton Inn downtown $208 vs. SeaTac location at $108.  The only one I found where rates are close is the Embassy Suites.  $272 downtown vs. $237 at SeaTac.

We arrived two days prior to our cruise and stayed at the Grand Hyatt on Pine st. downtown. $50 for the limo ride from Seatac to the hotel. Loved the location because we walked everywhere to see the sites. We paid around $500 for two nights. The hotel was very nice. We also love that Seattle has port valet service for everyone flying in to do a cruise. When you debark the ship your bags will meet you at your home airport at no extra charge!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fla gang said:

We arrived two days prior to our cruise and stayed at the Grand Hyatt on Pine st. downtown. $50 for the limo ride from Seatac to the hotel. Loved the location because we walked everywhere to see the sites. We paid around $500 for two nights. The hotel was very nice. We also love that Seattle has port valet service for everyone flying in to do a cruise. When you debark the ship your bags will meet you at your home airport at no extra charge!

The cost really depends on time of year and how many people in a room.  We have 4 people in a room and an AAA discount and it costs close to $500 for 1 night in July

21 hours ago, Roz said:

Just for the heck of it, I went to the Hilton website, since I usually book as a Hilton Honors member.  I'm quoting the Honors discount rate for Saturday, May 30, 2020.  Hilton downtown $263 vs. Hilton SeaTac $134.  Hampton Inn downtown $208 vs. SeaTac location at $108.  The only one I found where rates are close is the Embassy Suites.  $272 downtown vs. $237 at SeaTac.

The hotels by the airport are much cheaper because the airport is a miserable area to stay. It is that way near most airports.

It is great if you are trying to save money, but the day before a cruise is still part of my vacation. I won't spend it in a miserable area. I want an area with great dining, some sights or shopping to walk to and pleasant surroundings.

I understand why there's a price difference, but I wouldn't characterize the area around SeaTac as miserable.  My preference would be to stay downtown, but it's become cost prohibitive.

10 minutes ago, Roz said:

but I wouldn't characterize the area around SeaTac as miserable.  My preference would be to stay downtown, but it's become cost prohibitive.

"but I wouldn't characterize the area around SeaTac as miserable"

That is why there is chocolate and vanilla :)

"My preference would be to stay downtown, but it's become cost prohibitive."

Get away from the major chains. There are great, charming places like the MarQueen, Inn at Queen Anne and Mediterranean Inn near Pier 91 under $200, which is what the OP asked for.