Port of LA to LAX - How long will it take?

I'm on Princess cruise arriving Los Angeles Port at 6:15 am. I'm requesting Self Help Disembarkation and Princess says I can disembark starting at 7:45 am. How long will it take to Uber / Taxi to LAX? Can I make a 9:30 am SWA flight? I have TSA Precheck and carry on luggage. :) Thanks in advance.

No, nope, don't, traffic in LA any day of the week any time of the day is unpredictable at best.  SWA will start boarding at 9:10 AM.  If you get off the ship exactly at 7:45 AM in the UBER at 8:00 AM that gives you  70 minutes to get to the airport and clear security.  Nope ain't gonna happen.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, calliecat said:

How early of a flight do you suggest?  I can get a 12:10 or 11:20 flight but am hesitant to change my flight.

What day of the week? What time of year? Which cruise line? Flying where?

All those factors can effect recommendations.

Personally, I'd never book before noon on a weekday for a domestic flight in general. If it is around the holidays, (T-Day or Christmas) I'd really look closely at when I was booking.

• 1 month later...

Just off the Royal. Took 1/2 to get out of the port terminal with carry off luggage and an hour to get to LAX. Self help disembark began at 7:50. So that puts OP at LAX at 9:30 at the earliest. TSA PreCheck lines were longer than at SFO shorter than Seatac. You still have to go thru scanner.  Could potentially make an 11 flight

• 3 months later...

Wow, this is not Fort Lauderdale where the cruise port and the airport are 15 minutes tops away from each other and there are several roads to take.  This is LA, where people plan their lives around traffic.  We were just there in January off the Royal Princess.  We did walk off.  We did walk off at 7:30 am and still we must have waited 20 minutes in teh port for immigration.  We had TSA Pre Check but there was no TSA Pre Check there like there is in some other ports.   Our cab took 45 minutes to get the to airport with traffic and that is a good day.  With all the added security these days, a flight around 12 noon would be much better.  

• Like 1