Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
turtlemichael

World Cruise 2020

I know mysty is planning to keep her feet dry, as far as WC20 is concerned, and we are too but are booked for 2021.  However, if there is anybody out there who is doing it and has the inclination to do a running report, a la mysty's superb piece, I am sure it would be appreciated. It is not a task you enter lightly as I well know as I did a blog for WC19 on another travel forum. At a minimum you have to deal with the connectivity issues which can on occasions drive you to drink!  Also it is a bit presumptuous of me to suggest someone else does the work. Anyway, if there is anyone willing to undertake the job there will be a very keen audience.

Thanks for your kind words Turtle!  A group blog does make it easier and offers more variety of input and expeiences.  Here's hoping someone picks up the gauntlet!  🙂 

Although no one can take Mysty's place, I hope to post periodic updates.  Of course the WC will not be the same without Mysty & Myster, Turtlemichael and Turtle2 and Lifesgreat and his wife amng many others.  We look forward to seeing Turtlemichael and Turtle2 in 2021.  Although there will be many familiar faces among the repeat WCs, there's going to be plenty of new faces as my understanding is that there maybe nearly 300 WCs (we see once final payment is due as some currently booked may drop out).  If anyone is on the WC, please feel free to chip in.  Only 176 days to go.

34 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Although no one can take Mysty's place, I hope to post periodic updates.  Of course the WC will not be the same without Mysty & Myster, Turtlemichael and Turtle2 and Lifesgreat and his wife amng many others.  We look forward to seeing Turtlemichael and Turtle2 in 2021.  Although there will be many familiar faces among the repeat WCs, there's going to be plenty of new faces as my understanding is that there maybe nearly 300 WCs (we see once final payment is due as some currently booked may drop out).  If anyone is on the WC, please feel free to chip in.  Only 176 days to go.

Thanks DCC!  Great job picking up the gauntlet!  🙂  And thanks so much for your kind words!  We do miss you and your lovely wife!  Hopefully our sea paths will cross again!

44 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Although no one can take Mysty's place, I hope to post periodic updates.  Of course the WC will not be the same without Mysty & Myster, Turtlemichael and Turtle2 and Lifesgreat and his wife amng many others.  We look forward to seeing Turtlemichael and Turtle2 in 2021.  Although there will be many familiar faces among the repeat WCs, there's going to be plenty of new faces as my understanding is that there may be nearly 300 WCs (we see once final payment is due as some currently booked may drop out).  If anyone is on the WC, please feel free to chip in.  Only 176 days to go.

You'd be a perfect replacement for mysty as blog leader!  176 days is a blink of the eyelids! 🙂 🙂   Let's hope for a big number of WCers in 2020 as a WC is an unequalled experience.  I see that the expedition cruise in 2021 has currently stopped bookings for the full cruise but is still selling segments. The Whisper cruise still looks like it has plenty of room. Hope you both are well, DCC57, as we are.

Edited by turtlemichael

It will be interesting to see how the WC events compare to the 2019 ones.  Gonna be pretty tough to top the number and quality of events that we had.

Well, we made our outgoing flight arrangements with SS and are now looking at specific flights for our return home.