World Cruise 2020

turtlemichael

My passport, issued last year, had 52 pages.  However, 8 pages were taken up by various information, thus there were only 44 usable pages.  Currently, you can get a passport with either 28 or 52 total pages.  Assuming both have 8 pages for various information, then you either get 20 or 44 blank pages.  You can no longer get [ages added - need to get a new passport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Mysty - I keep getting notifications of your responses to my posts but for some reason, your posts never show up.  We hope that your move went well, as HunEbear and I will be doing the same in a couple of years.  We are now down to only 100 days til we board.

DCC...maybe my posts are not considered helpful.  🙂  We have now moved in to our new accommodation and are living with mountains of boxes (despite the fact that I have made serious purging moves).  I will not miss our house though.  It was the right time and the right move for us.

We really wish we were counting down along with you and HunE!  We will share your adventures vicariously whenever you have the chance to post once you sail.  Hopefully the internet connections will be easier to work with than the last go!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

99 days til we board!

DCC...thanks for the countdown!  🙂  I do remember the building excitement as the day approached to embark the Lady Whisper for the awesome adventure that is a SS WC!  I'm kind of crying in my soup here.  I will, however, follow along with cheer and support!  Here's to an amazing 2020 SS WC!

• Like 1

ATTENTION World Cruisers - you can now order your complimentary Antarctica gear.  Just log into MYSILVERSEA, click on the bookings, and then click on guest info and at the end of the list click on important information.  Here's a summary as you can order both complimentary gear and there are additional items for purchase.  They also provide a list of recommended items.

Order Your Complimentary Gear Sizes for Antarctica Silversea is offering World Cruise guests complimentary Antarctic basics: A polar parka for you to keep and onboard rentals for use during your visit to Antarctica including Zodiac boots, waterproof pants and trekking poles. Your parka and complimentary rentals will be delivered to your stateroom. Please place your order before 4 December, 2019 at silverseaworldcruise.shiptoshoretraveler.com/antgear

FREE! Rolling Duffel Bag - For your convenience a package of all the adventure gear you’ll need is available under “Shop by Destination.” Order everything in the package and your order will be delivered in a free rolling duffel bag.

FREE! Onboard Delivery To the ship In Montevideo for orders placed before December 4. Select “ONBOARD DELIVERY” at check out. Your order will be delivered to your stateroom in Montevideo on January 28, 2020. Worldwide delivery options are also available.

• Like 1

Got this SS e-mail yesterday - first time in four WCs.  Also, issued as a press release. 

Allow us to introduce you to the team members, who will be enriching your time aboard Silver Whisper:
Vincent_Taillard.jpg Captain (until April 7): Vincent Taillard
French-born Captain Taillard started his seagoing service as a Deck and Engine cadet on board ferries between France and England in 1996. He attended the French Maritime School in Marseille and sailed on various ships. He became Captain in 2008 and has sailed to numerous destinations ever since. Captain Taillard joined Silversea at the end of 2015 and it is a great pleasure to have such an experienced Expedition Captain on board.
Michele_Palmieri.jpg Captain (from April 7): Michele Macarone Palmieri
Michele was born in Sorrento, South Italy. In 1987 he joined a passenger ship for the first time with the rank of Second Officer until 1989. Two yeard later he moved to the the position of Chief Officer until 1994 when Silversea Cruises offered him the position of First Officer on Silver Wind. For his second contract, on Silver Cloud, he was promoted to Chief Officer Navigator and since 1998 in the position of Staff Captain. Captain Macarone Palmieri was appointed Master of Silver Cloud in the early 2002.
Norman_Rafelson.jpg Hotel Director: Norman Rafelson
Norman Rafelson built his career in the hospitality industry and has developed a wealth of experience working around the world. In January 2009 - over a decade ago - Rafelson joined Silversea Cruises and has since held the position of Hotel Director on many ships in the cruise line's fleet. In his spare time, Rafelson enjoys cooking and baking, as well as travelling from his home in Orlando to visit his children and grandchildren across the USA.
Fernando_Oliveira.jpg Cruise Director: Fernando Barroso De Oliveira
Fernando joined Silversea Cruises in 1994 - the same year the cruise line launched - and today holds the invaluable role of Chairman's Ambassador to the Venetian Society, having developed strong relationships with many of the cruise line's guests over the last 25 years. Fernando regularly hosts Silversea's World Cruises as Hotel Director.
Stefan_kredel.jpg Expedition Leader: Vincent Taillard
French-born Captain Taillard started his seagoing service as a Deck and Engine cadet on board ferries between France and England in 1996. He attended the French Maritime School in Marseille and sailed on various ships. He became Captain in 2008 and has sailed to numerous destinations ever since. Captain Taillard joined Silversea at the end of 2015 and it is a great pleasure to have such an experienced Expedition Captain on board.

Financial Officer: Gabriela Zekan
Staff Captain: Oleksandr Dynega until Feb 15, replaced by Dion NOTMAN
Chief Engineer: Konstantin Kolpakov until Feb 15, then replaced by Giovanni Santafemia
Guest Relations Manager: Marcus Wittman
Onboard Cruise Consultant: Barrie Dodgson
Shore Concierge: Leandro Ponte
Executive Chef: Jeremic Ratko
Food and Beverage Manager: Oliver D'Souza
Restaurant Manager: Gilbert Lanza
Rooms Division Manager: Royden Pereira

Unfortunately, the information on the expedition leader is incorrect.  Here's the correct info.

Expedition Leader (until February 15): Stefan Kredel
Stefan Kredel grew up in the south of Germany. After training as a paramedic, he embarked upon several lone cycling trips through India, Nepal, New Zealand and South America. He studied Geology and Palaeontology at the Ludwig Maximillians University in Munich, receiving his Masters degree in 1999. He has been a lecturer aboard expedition cruises since 1998; his first voyage was to Antarctica and since then he has visited the region on several occasions each year.

Expedition Leader (from February 15): Brad Siviour
Growing up in South Australia, Brad developed a love for the natural world. He studied at Flinders University, where he gained degrees in both Marine Biology and Ecotourism. Brad has been working on expedition ships for the past two years. He also works as a naturalist, guiding people across Northern Australia and through regions of Southeast Asia. Since then he has developed a keen interest in wildlife photography and is always willing to share hints and tips.

Hi All

I have again queried the number of empty pages required for those doing the full World Cruise and holding UK passports.

And the reply is 18.

I will have to get a new one but other half had a new one last year and there were 10 pages fully covered by stamps. 

Joe

Edited by joe_90
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...