Kids club sign-up - advance or on the ship?

surgie

4 hours ago, surgie said:

When do you sign up for the kids club? What's the limit on number of kids it can take?

When you do your online check in, if you have children young enough to be in Oceaneer's Club/Lab (3-12) there's a section there to fill in pick up information.

Once at the port, you go to the Youth Activities desk to get their wristbands.  Or you can wait to get them on the ship.

I don't think the max numbers space in the clubs is available.

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Like 1

As Shmoo describes above, if you are sailing with children ages 3-12, you can do most of the check-in (including listing people who are authorized to pick up your child, and the password they must use to do so) online before your cruise begins. Then, either while waiting in the terminal before boarding or by going to an open house onboard the ship, you will need to verify that information and pick up a wrist band for each child. Throughout the cruise, at any time during operating hours, you can bring your children to the Oceaneer's Club or Lab and sign them in. (If one of the spaces is having an Open House, you will need to either stay with your children in that space or bring them to the other space for secured programming.)

If you were able to book a cruise with a party that includes children, then there is enough space to register them for the Club/Lab -- when the number of age 3-12 children who will be onboard reaches a certain capacity, Disney Cruise Line won't book any more parties with children in that age group.

There is a very slim possibility that at a particular time, the Club or Lab will be at capacity, meaning the number of children currently in the space is the maximum permitted given the number of staff in the space and DCL's required staff ratios. If this happens, you won't be able to drop off a child until another child leaves, which will probably be within a few minutes. I never saw this happen during 9 cruises with kids in the 3-12 age group, and have not heard of it happening at all in the past 4 years.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 7:53 AM, mommb said:

As Shmoo describes above, if you are sailing with children ages 3-12, you can do most of the check-in (including listing people who are authorized to pick up your child, and the password they must use to do so) online before your cruise begins. Then, either while waiting in the terminal before boarding or by going to an open house onboard the ship, you will need to verify that information and pick up a wrist band for each child. Throughout the cruise, at any time during operating hours, you can bring your children to the Oceaneer's Club or Lab and sign them in. (If one of the spaces is having an Open House, you will need to either stay with your children in that space or bring them to the other space for secured programming.)

If you were able to book a cruise with a party that includes children, then there is enough space to register them for the Club/Lab -- when the number of age 3-12 children who will be onboard reaches a certain capacity, Disney Cruise Line won't book any more parties with children in that age group.

There is a very slim possibility that at a particular time, the Club or Lab will be at capacity, meaning the number of children currently in the space is the maximum permitted given the number of staff in the space and DCL's required staff ratios. If this happens, you won't be able to drop off a child until another child leaves, which will probably be within a few minutes. I never saw this happen during 9 cruises with kids in the 3-12 age group, and have not heard of it happening at all in the past 4 years.

I booked a cruise for my husband and myself in one cabin and for my son and wife and children (ages 7 and 8 in a connecting cabin.) I am taking care of doing the online check in for both cabins (I have them both linked in my account). 

So it looks like I can enter all of the pertinent information during online check-in, including listing all 4 adults as people who can pick up. Then the kids can go when the parents choose? I just didn't want to have to decide 75 days in advance which days or times the kids might go to the club. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, surgie said:

I booked a cruise for my husband and myself in one cabin and for my son and wife and children (ages 7 and 8 in a connecting cabin.) I am taking care of doing the online check in for both cabins (I have them both linked in my account). 

So it looks like I can enter all of the pertinent information during online check-in, including listing all 4 adults as people who can pick up. Then the kids can go when the parents choose? I just didn't want to have to decide 75 days in advance which days or times the kids might go to the club. Thanks.

You don't make reservations for specific times/activities in the kid's clubs. You just register them.  You can drop them off /pick them up at the club whenever you like.

• Like 1