Most amount of time in Bermuda?

superduper123

This question is prompted by a thread on the Royal Caribbean boards. Without researching each cruise line/ itinerary individually, does anyone know which cruise line and from which departure port would offer the longest amount of port time in Bermuda? Or a good site where I can find this information?  Thanks!

36 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

This question is prompted by a thread on the Royal Caribbean boards. Without researching each cruise line/ itinerary individually, does anyone know which cruise line and from which departure port would offer the longest amount of port time in Bermuda? Or a good site where I can find this information?  Thanks!

Celebrity, NCL and Oceania. All from the New York area. Celebrity and NCL each have had a ship that regularly does 3 days at Royal Navy Dockyard. I have not looked at next years sailings though. Oceania has been doing a few sailings a year that have 3 1/2 day says in Bermuda. About 2 days at St. George’s and 1 1/2 day at Hamilton. In my opinion the Oceania itinerary is better but there are only a few sailings. Carnival just announced last week some longer sailings for next year from varied ports.  I have not had time to check out the itineraries on their web site. 

That should give you a general idea but all the cruise lines have search engines that can give exact details. Another way for more time would be to fly in. Hotels are very expensive but there are now Airbnbs which are a less expensive than booking hotels 

Edited by Charles4515

8 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Celebrity, NCL and Oceania. All from the New York area. Celebrity and NCL each have had a ship that regularly does 3 days at Royal Navy Dockyard. I have not looked at next years sailings though. Oceania has been doing a few sailings a year that have 3 1/2 day says in Bermuda. About 2 days at St. George’s and 1 1/2 day at Hamilton. In my opinion the Oceania itinerary is better but there are only a few sailings. Carnival just announced last week some longer sailings for next year from varied ports.  I have not had time to check out the itineraries on their web site. 

Thanks!  I will look into these options.

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Oceania has been doing a few sailings a year that have 3 1/2 day says in Bermuda. About 2 days at St. George’s and 1 1/2 day at Hamilton.

We've done Celebrity, HAL Veendam (which isn't sailing this year), and now are booked for Oceania in August. The Oceania really got our attention not only because of the extra half day when compared with Celebrity and NCL, but also because you are docked in St George's (near where we spend most of our time anyway) and then Hamilton. We're not big Dockyard fans and this made a huge difference and will save us a lot in transportation costs and time on the island. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, eegad said:

I believe that Celebrity will not be doing 3 days in Bermuda after 2019. It's the reason why we're thinking of trying NCL for the first time next year.

They have cut back the number next year  but they do have sailings doing 3 days in Bermuda. I think 7 sailings, some are longer than 7 days. They have been cutting sailings to Beruda starting a couple of years ago. June sailing dates are almost gone. I have noticed the trend as I prefer Celebrity over NCL. And I prefer June over other months. At the same time Carnival has been adding sailing doubling their sailings to Bermuda next year. I have not looked at the Carnival itineraries but given the limited number of docks they could be taking dates Celebrity used to do. The  dates  must be coming from somewhere as dock space at the Dockyard is limited.  I have not looked at the Carnival itneraries yet but I won't be booking Carnival. What will be interesting ito see the 2021 sailings. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 7/17/2019 at 8:40 AM, eegad said:

I believe that Celebrity will not be doing 3 days in Bermuda after 2019. It's the reason why we're thinking of trying NCL for the first time next year.

Actually they do have a few, the difference is that instead of the first sea day, they have added Newport, RI, everything else about the cruise is the same.