Chef's Table - What to wear

sprint180

From the Carnival website:  https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/chefs-table

Attire

What do I wear?

When you’re on a Carnival cruise, should you dress up or dress down? The answer is: YES. While you can always wear what you want — most onboard spots are ‘come as you are’ — there will be certain opportunities for dressing up during your cruise. Some dining and nightlife spots always have light dress regulations (“Cruise Casual”), while on certain nights these spots ask that you go all-out (“Cruise Elegant”). So pack a little of everything when you’re getting ready to set sail.

What to wear, and when to wear it? Read on for details.

Does The Chef’s Table have specific attire requirements?

We know you want to look your best from head to toe, but when it comes to dining at The Chef’s Table, not all shoes are created equal! Please only wear closed-toe flat shoes that aren’t prone to slipping, since the experience involves a tour through the galley — a fully-functional, professional kitchen environment.

What’s Cruise Casual?

For the ladies — Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, jeans (no cut-offs).

For the gentlemen — Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), collared sport shirts.

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

Chef's Table isn't the MDR.  It's not even the steakhouse.  It's a wonderful dining experience.  If you dress like you're going to go mow the lawn, you're not going to fit in very well. If you dress in slacks and a polo or slacks and a nice top, you'll fit right in. 

Of course, Carnival is the cruise line of people who wear stained and worn out clothing on their vacation, so you can probably wear whatever you want and be done with it.

I didn't say I was dressing to mow the lawn.  I asked how fancy of an dinner this was.

3 hours ago, sprint180 said:

Thank you.  I think I have something that will work.  Just didn't really want to buy a formal that I wouldn't wear again.

After enjoying five Chef's Tables, I can say that there's no need to go formal, in fact, I would recommend you not go formal. On the Magic, our dinner took place in the galley (that was a first). On other ships we toured the galley, had some appetizers there, and would then go to a private room for the dinner. 

Since you will be touring the galley, I would recommend that whatever footwear you choose, go with something that is not slippery. 

You will have a fantastic time! My advice: pace yourself! 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sprint180 said:

Thank you.  I think I have something that will work.  Just didn't really want to buy a formal that I wouldn't wear again.

nothing is black tie formal anymore on Carnival, save your money