One Day in Bermuda

CruisingMom-2016

You really need 2-3 days to cover the island so I would just pick something you really want to do and stick with it. You could do Horseshoe Bay in the morning and then take a taxi over to Hamilton to walk around and then take the ferry back to the Dockyard. That would at least give you a little glimpse of the island. 

You could also take the ferry over to St Georges and work your way back to Hamilton-- would be skipping out on the beach day but you'll get a good overview for the next time you come back. 

2 hours ago, billslowsky said:

Though expensive, an excursion combining sailing and beach or snorkeling might be a good use of the day.  Or a well-timed ferry to St. George's including Tobacco Bay.  

And if it's on a Sunday, I wouldn't bother with Hamilton.

And if it is a Saturday or Sunday the ferry does not run to St. George’s on the weekend. Without that information it is problematic giving recommendations other than Horseshoe Bay. I believe that Adventure of the Seas may only call at Kings Wharf on Sunday’s. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

And if it is a Saturday or Sunday the ferry does not run to St. George’s on the weekend. Without that information it is problematic giving recommendations other than Horseshoe Bay. I believe that Adventure of the Seas may only call at Kings Wharf on Sunday’s. 

Thanks for adding that, I hadn't thought of it as well.

If you're beach people, I recommend just going to Horseshoe Bay if you have only one day in Bermuda.

On a Sunday, almost all shops will be closed. Restaurants and bars are usually open, though some with abbreviated hours. I believe that the shops in the Clocktower Mall at King's Wharf are open on Sunday, so you could do some shopping there after you return from the beach.

1 hour ago, Mrs. H. said:

Are there buses that run from Kings Warf to St. Georges on Sunday?  
I'm looking but don't see any. (yet)

You would have to take a bus to Hamilton and then change buses at the bus terminal.  Or take the ferry to Hamilton and catch a bus to St. George’s from the bus terminal. Be aware the buses on Sunday run on a reduced schedule. 

Edited by Charles4515

I see the bus from Hamilton to St. Georges takes 65 minutes.  
Looks like I'll have to hang around Kings Wharf and I wouldn't chance 
a trip to St. Georges on Monday since we'll have to be back on the ship 

around 2:30 and I'm not taking any chances that day!  lol