Kids eat free at special restaurants?

It’s been a few years since I’ve done NCL.  

When at a specialty restaurant do the kids eat off the children’s menu for free while the parents pay for their meals? We have the free restaurant dining package For both adults. I know the prepay frat for adults is $19.80pp how does that work if the kids come with us?  Also at what age are they considered a child to eat off the kids menu I have a seven and nine-year-old but they were also be a 10-year-old with us. 

They can eat free from the kids menu up to age 12. They sometimes charge for Teppanyaki though, no matter what they eat, especially on smaller ships where seating is very limited. It doesn't seem to be consistent.

4 minutes ago, gymbomb said:

They can eat free from the kids menu up to age 12. They sometimes charge for Teppanyaki though, no matter what they eat, especially on smaller ships where seating is very limited. It doesn't seem to be consistent.

Thank you I forgot about hibachi, I know they will want to go there for sure, that we would pay for them bc they love going on land as well.

22 hours ago, cruisewithbaby said:

It’s been a few years since I’ve done NCL.  

When at a specialty restaurant do the kids eat off the children’s menu for free while the parents pay for their meals? We have the free restaurant dining package For both adults. I know the prepay frat for adults is $19.80pp how does that work if the kids come with us?  Also at what age are they considered a child to eat off the kids menu I have a seven and nine-year-old but they were also be a 10-year-old with us. 

You will be fine: kids 12 and under can eat off the kids menu. I will add, it is fun, at least one night to have the kids go to kids camp  and mom and dad enjoy a nice dinner without the kids. Just my thoughts. Have a fun cruise. Your kids are at a great age for cruising.