Bringing on bottles of wine

debbaitinger

11 minutes ago, debbaitinger said:

Please forgive me I have forgotten the correct answer.

On Royal Carribean, can each person bring on two bottles of wine?

In carry on when boarding?

Thank you,

No, it is 2 bottles per cabin...so as a solo traveler, I can bring on 2. It needs to be in your carry on.

9 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

In my experience a bottle will last about an evening if two are drinking. Longer if they aren't really serious about it.

Yep, with five glasses to a bottle, at dinner easily two while waiting for food and then eating said food, that four of the five right there.  And if you take the last glass back to your cabin,well, that's it.  (I love math!)

Technically on Royal Caribbean (and most of the mainline cruise lines that allow passengers to bring on wine), you're supposed to drink the wine in your cabin. If you take a bottle to dinner, you're charged a corkage fee. On Royal Caribbean, the corkage fee is $15.

• Thanks 1

Also, no one cruising on RCI has reported being charged in years.

I have taken bottles of wine to dinner the past 3 years and never have been charged corkage.

However, if they had, I would have gladly paid it.  And not taken another bottle to dinner. 😄

We typically take one to the steak house for a meal there.

Last one was a 1980 Robert Mondavi Cabernet. 😄

I had raided my Dad's wine collect.  WITH permission.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, geoherb said:

Technically on Royal Caribbean (and most of the mainline cruise lines that allow passengers to bring on wine), you're supposed to drink the wine in your cabin. If you take a bottle to dinner, you're charged a corkage fee. On Royal Caribbean, the corkage fee is $15.

The corkage may act as a disincentive but I disagree that it means you're supposed to drink your wine in the cabin. Restaurants on land have corkage fees, too - it's a way to account for the cost of the service.

Take your wine to the dining room, pay your $15, everyone's happy (and even with the corkage you're probably saving a bit off the wine list prices).

• Like 1

I meant drink it in your cabin or take it to the dining room and pay the corkage fee if charged. It's against Royal Caribbean's policy to open the bottle in your cabin, pour yourself a glass, and take the wine to the dining room. Do people do it? Sure. But the official policy is, "Guests who consume their personal wine and champagne in public areas, will incur a $15 corkage fee per bottle."

14 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I apologize for suggesting OP pour in cabin and take out to ship. I hadn't read the T&C recently!

The policy is if you were to carry your bottle of wine (you brought on the ship) into any of the public areas you will incur $15 corkage fee per bottle. Not for the glass you poured in your stateroom and carried it into any of the public venues. 

1 hour ago, Underwatr said:

Pouring a glass and carrying it into a venue won't cause you to be charged corkage, correct. I'm not sure it's in keeping with the spirit however.

You are not supposed to bring spirits aboard, only wine.😋

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Underwatr said:

The notion that you should drink your carried-on wine in your room or take the bottle to a venue and pay corkage.

Do what you want, though. I'm not the wine police.

We no longer have to bring wine aboard. 🍷✌️

How would they know if the glass of wine you were carrying was from a bottle in your room, a bar, or the CL/SL????????

Carrying the bottle is a bit more obvious.