Late night buffet snacks

madmedic

Hi we are sailing on Reflection in October and DH wondering about the availability of a late night snack. What time does the OV close and is there pizza etc available after 10pm? 

Thanks in advance, can't find the information on X website.

When the dinner buffet ends at 9:30 PM they leave our a lot of items. Mainly salads, deserts, cold cuts and bread. It indicates it starts at 10:00 On the Reflection there was also potato chips there. lays. The pizza never stopped till late. It all ends at 1:00 AM. No ice cream. Coffee, tea and juices etc. 24/7

I see these posts and I have to wonder how anyone might be hungry for pizza late at night? I get so stuffed by eating three times a day on the ship I feel like I can't walk on my own. But, then I get up around 6 and go to Cafe al Baccio for coffee and a roll of some kind, so I guess it's all a trade-off, right? In any case, we are being pampered on a cruise ship.

I know... but there is something about being able to wander up at midnight and grab some fruit, a bit of salad and cheese.  Not something you would do in your everyday life of course.  But really special for a holiday.  No-one in hungry - I'm sorry it is greed.  (Me to!!) but holidays are about over indulgence.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, K12Guy said:

I see these posts and I have to wonder how anyone might be hungry for pizza late at night? I get so stuffed by eating three times a day on the ship I feel like I can't walk on my own. But, then I get up around 6 and go to Cafe al Baccio for coffee and a roll of some kind, so I guess it's all a trade-off, right? In any case, we are being pampered on a cruise ship.

I think the pizza is there for the handful of people that close down the Sky Lounge and need some grease before bed 😐 There are usually some staff and officers in there late too. 

Being from where I'm from, Jeremiah, there's nothing like a little pizza after I've had a few.   I love the pool and buffet areas late at night when no one is there.  The pizza's not as substantial as a deep dish, but I find it enjoyable.

• Like 2

I’m sailing on the Edge in Dec. and I’m hoping there is some food available 24/7. Sometimes I wake up at night and can’t get back to sleep until I eat something. I would not want to call room service because it would wake up my husband. Any suggestions?

Perhaps raid the buffet last thing and keep a plate of suitable things in the room?  Crackers are wrapped, bread and cakes will store overnight just fine.  So will cheese and  fruit.  Late night Pizza would go horrible cold - and might smell when warm so might not be the best choice.  If you need to leave the room to eat rather than wake your OH how about bringing a picnic sac or similar?  You might get some odd looks from the cleaning staff in the wee small hours - but hey.

• Like 1

Edge operates in the same way with the same hours as the other Celebrity ships do; 0ceanview is not a 24/7 operation in terms of food but coffee/tea is available between 1:00 AM when food service ends and 6:00 AM when light breakfast opens.

If you must have something during the five shutdown hours, it is room service (with delivery fee from 11:00 PM and 6:00 AM if not occupying a suite) or a snack that you have brought back to your room during operating hours...

You might consider bringing a supply of non-perishable snacks from home or that you pick up prior to embarkation; some do...

Edited by Xport
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, finny2 said:

I’m sailing on the Edge in Dec. and I’m hoping there is some food available 24/7. Sometimes I wake up at night and can’t get back to sleep until I eat something. I would not want to call room service because it would wake up my husband. Any suggestions?

I always travel with small baggies in case I want to bring a treat to my cabin for later . I carry on a plate and bag in the cabin

• Like 2

I never eat after 11PM and we have always wondered if anyone actually was in the OVC eating pizza at midnight. We were on a charter on the Infinity a few months ago and they had an early special event so dinner times were shortened and rearranged. They put on a special spread in the OVC for 11PM -2AM with pizza, ribs, wings, salads, desserts, etc. for those who had had a light dinner. We went to a midnight concert and at 1 AM were were walking back on the outside deck to our cabin on 11 and looked down into the OVC skylight as we passed - we could see food and people. We decided to go and see what was going on and finally would answer our question about people eating after midnight.

There were probably about 100 people there and it was a fun atmosphere. My husband loaded up a plate with ribs and chicken wings and I had a piece of Celebrity pizza for the first time ever and it was delicious (I just assumed all these years that it was like cardboard). It was a festive atmosphere and it felt decadent and a bit naughty to be there at 1 AM. We will never dis the midnight grazers again - it is one of those fun experiences that you might not do at home - that's what cruising is all about for us! 🙂

I agree with the above about grabbing something for later. The OVC has different cheeses and fruits which you could put in the fridge (or order a cheese and fruit platter from Room Service in the evening while DH is awake). We bring our own crackers now since they usually bring saltines with room service and those aren't a favorite for us. Cafe al Bacio has wonderful desserts and cookies in their case into the late evening. They will give you things to go - we often don't have room for dessert after dinner so will sometimes have a dessert on the balcony after the show. Eden Cafe on the Edge has bites to eat - the brownies are amazing so you could grab those, if you want some sweets or get some of their other complimentary items at the deli/cafe to save for later. The Spa Cafe has healthy goodies during the day, like fruit and granola bars (made in house) and muffins, that could be brought back to the cabin for later. Lots of choices for the middle of the night! 🙂

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I always travel with small baggies in case I want to bring a treat to my cabin for later . I carry on a plate and bag in the cabin

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I agree with the above about grabbing something for later. The OVC has different cheeses and fruits which you could put in the fridge (or order a cheese and fruit platter from Room Service in the evening while DH is awake). We bring our own crackers now since they usually bring saltines with room service and those aren't a favorite for us. Cafe al Bacio has wonderful desserts and cookies in their case into the late evening. They will give you things to go - we often don't have room for dessert after dinner so will sometimes have a dessert on the balcony after the show. Eden Cafe on the Edge has bites to eat - the brownies are amazing so you could grab those, if you want some sweets or get some of their other complimentary items at the deli/cafe to save for later. The Spa Cafe has healthy goodies during the day, like fruit and granola bars (made in house) and muffins, that could be brought back to the cabin for later. Lots of choices for the middle of the night! 🙂

Excellent ideas! Thanks to you both.

On 7/15/2019 at 6:38 PM, wpgcycler said:

Yep. Load up on a plate of pizza. Stop off at al Bacio for a glass of Port. Retire to the civility of your cabin. Perfect end to a perfect day.

To make it perfect....send some to get the the goodies....have a plate of pastries from Al bacio in the fridge.

On 7/15/2019 at 10:10 PM, RavenclawMom said:

Being from where I'm from, Jeremiah, there's nothing like a little pizza after I've had a few.   I love the pool and buffet areas late at night when no one is there.  The pizza's not as substantial as a deep dish, but I find it enjoyable.

Good to see a fellow White Sox fan on this board!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 4Mast said:

To make it perfect....send some to get the the goodies....have a plate of pastries from Al bacio in the fridge.

Well, if I "sent" the only person I know who would do that for me, I'm guessing the end to the day would be, shall we say, "less than perfect".

• Haha 2

• 4 years later...

The best for late night dining after midnight is is by far o Norwegian and make better food the the pool food at 12am 5am if your still up.as they 24 hours open and far the best burger on the ship.

Edited by Mangnusfl
  • Haha 1

Agree NCL has there 24 hour restaurant and bar on all ships. Was on the Joy in Oct and ate there a lot.

But love Celebrity Bianco Coffee shop. Cakes and sweets better there than MDR. Always have tea and cake after the early show,

Start the day with my triple bailys coffe.

Be on Equinox B2B in March 

On 11/26/2023 at 7:30 PM, mahasamatman said:

Anyone remember the old midnight buffets and chocolate fountains?

Now you're talking!!!!  Remember how they used to open it up an hour early just for pictures?  Those were the good old days!

Elvis