Cruise Critic Community
CwazeAndCwaze

Requesting Specific Butler

You'd think after so many Crystal Cruises I'd remember how to do this, but I'm old and I drink, so I'll ask again.

Kind people, who do I email to request a specific butler for our upcoming Alaska cruise?

Thank you in advance.

😀😀😀,

Scott

43 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

YES you can! Just ask your TA to make the request. We've done it and it works. Have a wonderful cruise!

Wanted to do it ourselves if we could, as opposed to involving our TA.  She's retired but for us and a couple other friends so I didn't want to bug her again...LOL... but we will if I have to.

Thanks Suze!!!!

XOXOXO

😀😀😀,

Scott

On 7/16/2019 at 4:38 PM, suzeluvscruz said:

And pillow chocolates.

Hey those are most important!

Might as well special order some trash can doilies, too.  Can’t hurt.....

On 7/15/2019 at 6:39 PM, CwazeAndCwaze said:

You'd think after so many Crystal Cruises I'd remember how to do this, but I'm old and I drink, so I'll ask again.

Kind people, who do I email to request a specific butler for our upcoming Alaska cruise?

Thank you in advance.

😀😀😀,

Scott

Well, we've requested a specific butler for our Alaska cruise next week.  We'll see.  (Hope you didn't "steal" our butler from us!  😁 )

I was about to say "Why does it matter? They are all great!", but the other responses have been too funny!! Hope you get whomever you want. 😁

On 7/19/2019 at 7:56 PM, Roland4 said:

I was about to say "Why does it matter? They are all great!", but the other responses have been too funny!! Hope you get whomever you want. 😁

Hate to report that all butlers are NOT the same. Our favorite butler👍 was on break on our last cruise and the replacement always made us feel as if he was doing us a favor just doing his job.👎

Hey Scott and Drew,  We hope that Scott’s sister got the message to you that they have removed the DVD players from the guest rooms on board. When we were on in August there was not only the absence of the DVD players even though we brought our own  DVDs to watch for once a voyage dinner in the state room night but there was no means that we could discern of even hooking up a portable DVD player if we had thought to bring one. At that time back in August 2018 do you available entertainment in terms of movies through the in-house entertainment system  was mediocre if not poor. Perhaps it has improved since but knowing your traditions we asked your sister to let you know in advance. There may be there for more reasons for you to reach out to onboard services. Rocky and I join in wishing you both bon voyage. We can’t wait to see your videos and to hear your comments about the new  dining options on board. I see that Mark Farris will be on your cruise entertaining in the Avenue saloon. Please give him our fond regards. 

The list of available movies,etc. a couple of months ago was pretty extensive with a lot of popular films but since each of us have our own tastes and wishes I'm sure all won't be happy with them.

I don't recall seeing any "I Love Lucy" on the Symphony TV listing in April 2019!!!  😳

13 hours ago, RockyandMoose said:

Hey Scott and Drew,  We hope that Scott’s sister got the message to you that they have removed the DVD players from the guest rooms on board. When we were on in August there was not only the absence of the DVD players even though we brought our own  DVDs to watch for once a voyage dinner in the state room night but there was no means that we could discern of even hooking up a portable DVD player if we had thought to bring one. At that time back in August 2018 do you available entertainment in terms of movies through the in-house entertainment system  was mediocre if not poor. Perhaps it has improved since but knowing your traditions we asked your sister to let you know in advance. There may be there for more reasons for you to reach out to onboard services. Rocky and I join in wishing you both bon voyage. We can’t wait to see your videos and to hear your comments about the new  dining options on board. I see that Mark Farris will be on your cruise entertaining in the Avenue saloon. Please give him our fond regards. 

Hi kids!!!!

Yes, Susan told us.  I'm hoping that (in the old style PS not the Sea Breeze) that I might be able to get to the side or back of the TV and hook up my laptop or portable DVD.  We're bringing all our DVD's including Lucy with us still and hoping for the best!

XOXOXOXO

😀😀😀,

Scott

2 hours ago, RockyandMoose said:

Sadly the screens are all inserted into the walls.  No access to anything behind the screen.

I'll bring a screwdriver.

We had an issue with the TV and they had to send someone to fix it - he had to basically remove from the wall mount to get to the back of the TV.  It wasn't hard for him to do but I wouldn't want to try that myself without the experience.  The TV was sort of enclosed into the walls around so you can't just reach around or to the back.

And the worst part is that Scott will have to get Drew to do it all by himself, so we can see it on Scott's video!

Or perhaps that's why the butler is important.

On 7/23/2019 at 10:43 PM, CwazeAndCwaze said:

Hi kids!!!!

Yes, Susan told us.  I'm hoping that (in the old style PS not the Sea Breeze) that I might be able to get to the side or back of the TV and hook up my laptop or portable DVD.  We're bringing all our DVD's including Lucy with us still and hoping for the best!

XOXOXOXO

😀😀😀,

Scott

Yes, in the old PH you can connect your laptop with a UBS....it’s on the bottom of the TV. If you get stuck (like we did) the butlers know how to work it. 😀

I don’t know why they took away the DVD players.  I loved the dvd library selections and we also brought are own. 

On 7/24/2019 at 2:00 AM, CwazeAndCwaze said:

I'll bring a screwdriver.

That's a thought, but all the vodka and orange juice in the world is not going to help you hook a cable to that TV.