Where to search for Repositioning cruise

Solo senior male newbie - Looking for repositioning cruise departing Europe to USA Oct/Nov/Dec period.

I see only certain companies cater to solo cruisers, with discounted solo supplement fares etc.

Where is the best place / site to start looking - At the cruise co site, or via a TA / consolidator etc?

Many thanks for any tips...

Dag49

Oceania talks about good deals for single supplements but I've not read anything.

For the more knowledgeable, are their transatlantic cruises that late in the year?

Hi Dag, welcome to Cruise Critic!

CC has a board for single cruisers, 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/85-singles-cruises/

As for where to search, most lines just call them TransAtlantic and you can get an idea right here at the top of the screen: Click the blue Find a Cruise. For Destination scroll down to Transatlantic. Unfortunately you have to do each month at a time. And I think specific departure points. Once you choose a cruise line, their individual search may let you leave ports open or give a range of dates. 

Good luck!

• Like 2

I went on my first solo cruises last month (Alaska, in my case). I found a website of a travel agency that has a page of cruises with low single single supplements. Also check out each cruise line's website.

12 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Some ships have solo cabins, but often a double cabin with the single supplement is a better deal.

Depends on the line and your expectations.  I've been looking at a Mexican Riviera cruise, I can get a sail-away rate inside cabin at $849 with no SS or a Studio cabin (it's an NCL Breakaway+ ship) for $1149.  However, that sailaway inside is on deck 5 and comes with no perk while the studio includes a free-at-sea perk and is higher in the ship.  If you don't mind being on deck 5 and getting no add-ons then you certainly can get cheaper than a Studio.

Here on the Cruise Critic main pages (not these forum boards) are links to their partner online travel agency websites. Several of these let you filter your searches by all sorts of criteria including repositioning or transatlantic, without entering anything else. I love this because I can choose my one most important variable and see a ton of options. I may see something that I wouldn’t have considered if I had been too specific on other details.  I would try 2 or 3 of these sites and tinker with searches until you find the right fit.

You might indeed find a double room at a similar price or cheaper than a dedicated single in some cases.

Edited by KmomChicago

14 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I have a site that lists TA cruises, but unfortunately it is not saved on this laptop.  I will try to come back to this thread when I am on my desktop.  EM

Naming travel agents or asking folks to message or post personal contact info to obtain those names is against Cruise Critic guidelines

thank you

Dag49;  check with Norwegian Cruise line.   As mentioned in post #9;  NCL's newer larger ships offer solo cabins; they have their own solo lounge to meet and mingle; and single beds in cabin.  Check them out

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello, thanks for the help.  I needed to be more specific.  I am going to be in NZ for the America's Cup and that is over on March 21.  I really don't want to stay until the middle of April if I can help it and just looking for something better than a flight..

Costa has quite a few Transatlantic cruises.  The one we were on from Italy to Argentina had a few single cruisers. Another thing to Google is Repositioning cruises - same thing really but gives slightly different results.

Essiesmom, do you know if something like this exists for repositioning cruises or Transpac cruises??  That is a super web site but for now, I really need a 2021 cruise from NZ to California or West Coast.

1 hour ago, drrtc1 said:

Essiesmom, do you know if something like this exists for repositioning cruises or Transpac cruises??  That is a super web site but for now, I really need a 2021 cruise from NZ to California or West Coast.

25-day cruise to California from Australia on Holland America. One-way from Sydney to San Diego. Visit Noumea (New Caledonia), Mare (New Caledonia), Mystery Island (Vanuatu), Dravuni Island (Fiji), Savusavu (Fiji), Pago Pago (American Samoa), Honolulu (Hawaii), Lahaina (Hawaii) and Hilo (Hawaii).
• 2021 departure: March 4.

great idea but I need to leave end of March.  I am going to America's Cup which ends on the 21st of March, 2021.

Australia is a good alternative.  This year the Maasdam goes from Sydney to Auckland and on to San Diego, however, on March 1.  .  That would be ideal for next year but need to leave later, but no ships for 2021.  Sydney, Australia is about 1400 air miles from Auckland, NZ, need to get another ETA also.  Rather, if able to go from Auckland.  May end up flying but where is the fun in that?.