Corfu - visit old town or do an island tour?

Luv2cruz1000

We want to see the beauty of this island and wondered if I  would really be missing out to not do some tour away from old town. We are wanting to see the beautiful water views that you hear about. Any ideas for economical tours to accomplish This?

We did Corfu 3 years ago and yes it is spectacular. As you exit the port, you will notice 1-30 black Mercedes with drivers. I called out "Best city tour Best Price" one guy came up and said 50 Euros 1/2 day. Maybe we got lucky, but he was fantastic. Went to the palace, the mouse island thing, and 4 or 5 great sites. Good Luck!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 8:55 PM, TNCruzer56 said:

We did Corfu 3 years ago and yes it is spectacular. As you exit the port, you will notice 1-30 black Mercedes with drivers. I called out "Best city tour Best Price" one guy came up and said 50 Euros 1/2 day. Maybe we got lucky, but he was fantastic. Went to the palace, the mouse island thing, and 4 or 5 great sites. Good Luck!

Yes, we have used them too in the past and we got to see a lot in half a day. Much better than exploring on our own.

• 2 weeks later...

It's all a matter of supply and demand. If you are the only ship in port that day, chances are fair that you'll find a driver. If there are several ships, you may be less lucky. 

I prefer to make those kinds of arrangements in advance, especially if seeing a place is important to me. I have found there are far fewer drivers/guides hawking tours at port in Europe than in, for example, the Caribbean.

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2019 at 2:55 PM, TNCruzer56 said:

LOL, what is the mouse island thing?

There were four, possibly five ships in port when we passed by yesterday morning after disembarking the ferry from Igoumenitsa.  No black Merck’s in sight.  The town was a zoo...we left in the mid afternoon.  

If if there are lots of ships in port I suspect that you need to get out early.  Besides...it gets hot quite early.  Today was 32C.

Edited by iancal

I just posted the below message on another page but maybe this one is more appropriate???  I'd like someone to teach me how to post properly.  This site is not user friendly for me. 

Since I don't know how to start a new topic, I am hoping that one other couple will read this message.

I just received an email from a company that books by the car in Corfu.  It would be 4 hours for $180 or 6 hours for $240.  The stops are Vistonas, Makrades, Lakones, Paleokastritsa, Kanoni for the first, and Glyfada Beach is added for the 6-hour.  Please let me know if you are interested in joining us.  The man who sent the email to me suggested that I post it on CC.  I don't know where else I would but just wish I knew how to do it correctly.

Please use my gmail account to respond - kauaicruiser.

Mahalo and Aloha,

Bonnie

6 hours ago, Kauai Cruiser said:

I just posted the below message on another page but maybe this one is more appropriate???  I'd like someone to teach me how to post properly.  This site is not user friendly for me. 

Since I don't know how to start a new topic, I am hoping that one other couple will read this message.

I just received an email from a company that books by the car in Corfu.  It would be 4 hours for $180 or 6 hours for $240.  The stops are Vistonas, Makrades, Lakones, Paleokastritsa, Kanoni for the first, and Glyfada Beach is added for the 6-hour.  Please let me know if you are interested in joining us.  The man who sent the email to me suggested that I post it on CC.  I don't know where else I would but just wish I knew how to do it correctly.

Mahalo and Aloha,

Bonnie

Bonnie,

Probably best to post this on your ship's roll call. Have you joined it?

16 hours ago, Kauai Cruiser said:

Mahalo and Aloha,

Bonnie

Bonnie -- this is considered a solicitation to join a private tour (or a "tour share" post) and these are not allowed on the Ports of Call forums -- if you read the stickies above it will spell this out.

Where you should post this is on your roll call for your specific cruise. Since these are the folks who will be there at the same time as you, they would be the most likely to join....

Unfortunately you don't list the ship or the date of your cruise, so I can't provide you with a link. But if you go to the main Boards menu (click on the Icon that says "Boards" at the top right") and then go about midway down the list of forums to where it says "Roll Calls" you can see all of the cruise lines listed. From there, just pick your cruise line, next you will select your ship, and then you will reach a page where you will have to look for the date of your cruise. Once you find it, you can post this there.