cruise price cut by half!!

dada.mv

Hello everyone, 

i have an issue, the last february i booked a cruise in the carribean for 2 person for 10 days, the price was 1400 euros each.

Now i've just tried to view if the price was increased and surprise! the price for the same cabin became 850 euro each.

What can i do?

1 hour ago, dada.mv said:

Hello everyone, 

i have an issue, the last february i booked a cruise in the carribean for 2 person for 10 days, the price was 1400 euros each.

Now i've just tried to view if the price was increased and surprise! the price for the same cabin became 850 euro each.

What can i do?

If you're not past final payment, call HAL or your TA and refare. Just be aware that you likely lose whatever perks you were to receive with your original booking.

Thank you for you answer, I've not made the final payment yet and i have no perkes because that fare was for a inside basic cabin. I would like to have the best accomodation that i can with that amount of money, in your opinione if call the Hal number the would change my reservation? Thank you

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dada.mv said:

Thank you for you answer, I've not made the final payment yet and i have no perkes because that fare was for a inside basic cabin. I would like to have the best accomodation that i can with that amount of money, in your opinione if call the Hal number the would change my reservation? Thank you

Yes, give HAL or your TA a call, I do this all the time.  If you want a better cabin ask what’s available......if you are happy with your current cabin, just ask to be re-fared.

2 hours ago, dada.mv said:

Hello everyone, 

What can i do?

I see that you have booked in euros so I expect that you are somewhere in Europe. The answers that you have been getting to refare your cruise apply if you booked in North America.

You may just have to cancel and lose your deposit then re-book at the new fare however that may still give you some savings.

Our Alaska cruise leaving next Sunday dropped in price 4 times since we originally  booked last July. We rebooked the week before final payment for the last time and saved over $1800 total from the original booking cost in our Signature Suite. We lost some perks but nowhere close to what we saved. After the final payment date our SS actually went back up in price by $400pp, so we got a great deal when we rebooked for the final time.

I do know for European passengers they have different booking and rebooking rules than those of us in the USA and Canada, so contact you original booking person, travel agency of PCC with HAL. As Krazy Kruizers said above, if will not cost you anything to ask. Good luck and enjoy your cruise. If as a European, you lose your deposit by rebooking, you might want to wait to rebook as you get closer to you sail date as I bet the price will drop more.

• Like 1

Thank you all, yer i'm european, italian precisely and i booked on hal web site.

I don't know if there is different rules if you book from europe or usa direct on the same website but in 30 minutes i'm going to call him and see what they can do about it

4 minutes ago, dada.mv said:

Thank you all, yer i'm european, italian precisely and i booked on hal web site.

I don't know if there is different rules if you book from europe or usa direct on the same website but in 30 minutes i'm going to call him and see what they can do about it

And be sure to come back here, and let us all know how this comes out. I hope this works out well for you.

Good luck.

40 minutes ago, dada.mv said:

Just to let you know, Holland America (like many companies) has a specific web site for many countries. Italy is one that HAL has a domain name registered for. If I try to access it from the US, I get redirected to the US site. You may have booked on an Italian site with specific terms and restrictions for those living in Italy.

54 minutes ago, dada.mv said:

I love Italy, it is our favorite place to go in Europe, my wife and I have been there 4 times. Last year we did a 2 week land tour from Rome to Sicily and loved every minute of the trip. The people, the food and the rich history of Italy are all second to none.  Next year we are doing a Venice to Athens cruise.  Good luck with getting the lower price. Have a great cruise in the Caribbean. 

18 hours ago, richwmn said:

Just to let you know, Holland America (like many companies) has a specific web site for many countries. Italy is one that HAL has a domain name registered for. If I try to access it from the US, I get redirected to the US site. You may have booked on an Italian site with specific terms and restrictions for those living in Italy.

I'm sorry but i can't find the italian web site, infact if i try to access to any holland america site in the world i am redirect to the us version.

17 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I love Italy, it is our favorite place to go in Europe, my wife and I have been there 4 times. Last year we did a 2 week land tour from Rome to Sicily and loved every minute of the trip. The people, the food and the rich history of Italy are all second to none.  Next year we are doing a Venice to Athens cruise.  Good luck with getting the lower price. Have a great cruise in the Caribbean. 

Thank you for all the compliments, this is real one of the most beautiful country in the world, we ha everything, from food to sea, from the mountain with a lot of sky resort to the history.

i always said and i always will say that the only problem that we have if half of the italians and all the politician, unfortunately. 

Hello everyone, so i called the HAL and this is what happened.

I call the usa number because is very i made the reservation,(every hal site of every nation that i'm trying to connect i'm been redirect to that one) via skype and a very kind woman called charles answer the call.

I explained her the issue, that the price has been cut by half respect when a booked and she said that has to contact the pricing office.

After 7 minutes of wait she came back ad said that usually the euro reservation is made by another office( she didn't said which one and i didn't ask) but that in this case exceptionally she had the authorization to manage it.

She let me choice if i wanted a adjustment of the total quote of an upgrade to another type room and i choose the second one.

At end for the 10 nights cruise on Koningsdam in the carribean from 2 Jan 2020, i booked a inside cabin on February 2019 for 2850 euros, now i have a Verandah cabin on the highest deck(11) for a total of 2700 euros, of course for 2 person.

Something completely amazing and also now i cant' understand how that has been possible.

I want to thanks you all that help me with a suggestion, i can't looking forward to go on it! 

• Like 10

Dada, That is a good deal and you will enjoy that verandah cabin. I am glad that HAL didn't let you down.

Now you should join the CC roll call for your cruise, you will have a chance to meet fellow passengers on you cruise before you leave. Here is the link to that page:

Edited by terrydtx

4 hours ago, dada.mv said:

Hello everyone, so i called the HAL and this is what happened.

I call the usa number because is very i made the reservation,(every hal site of every nation that i'm trying to connect i'm been redirect to that one) via skype and a very kind woman called charles answer the call.

I explained her the issue, that the price has been cut by half respect when a booked and she said that has to contact the pricing office.

After 7 minutes of wait she came back ad said that usually the euro reservation is made by another office( she didn't said which one and i didn't ask) but that in this case exceptionally she had the authorization to manage it.

She let me choice if i wanted a adjustment of the total quote of an upgrade to another type room and i choose the second one.

At end for the 10 nights cruise on Koningsdam in the carribean from 2 Jan 2020, i booked a inside cabin on February 2019 for 2850 euros, now i have a Verandah cabin on the highest deck(11) for a total of 2700 euros, of course for 2 person.

Something completely amazing and also now i cant' understand how that has been possible.

I want to thanks you all that help me with a suggestion, i can't looking forward to go on it! 

Great, glad it worked out so well for you. And thank you for coming back and letting us all know.

Great to hear that HAL did this without putting you on hold again to redirect your call to the other office.

@dada.mv Congratulations on your upgrade. 😁

Could you copy & paste the web address that you used? (https://www.hollandamerica.com..............)

I would like to try it!

Although I am in the eurozone sometimes our price is quoted in £ English pound sterling!

You will love the Koningsdam!

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

@dada.mv Congratulations on your upgrade. 😁

Could you copy & paste the web address that you used? (https://www.hollandamerica.com..............)

I would like to try it!

Although I am in the eurozone sometimes our price is quoted in £ English pound sterling!

You will love the Koningsdam!

this is the link https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/C0S10A/K010.html