20% Off Latitudes Past Guest Offer

cruisinsc1

I’ve also just booked a 2020 Baltic’s cruise on the Escape using this deal. Largely going for the ship this time, but at the price it was hard to resist.

One thing I noticed with our booking was the price comparison between an oceanview and balcony. We were going to go with an oceanview, but an angled balcony was exactly the same price. As we could use 2 cruise credits on it, the balcony ends up costing us less than the oceanview. 🙂

• Like 4

I just booked two.  Not sure which one we will choose but the deal on both was good.  We are sooooooo far out. We have to cancel one.   Never done that before.  

Thanks to the op. Had no intention to book but now have some anticipation.  

Edited by trex-de

52 minutes ago, trex-de said:

I just booked two.  Not sure which one we will choose but the deal on both was good.  We are sooooooo far out. We have to cancel one.   Never done that before.  

Thanks to the op. Had no intention to book but now have some anticipation.  

I did the exact same thing- I have a 14 night on Breakaway for Oct 2020 and a 9 night on Breakaway for May 2021. Hopefully we can do both, but the reality is that one will get cancelled. Can't beat the $50 pp refundable deposit to at least put a hold on them while we decide!

8 hours ago, TO6Paul said:

Thanks so much to the OP for the heads-up on this.  Looks like there are a lot of great deals to be scored here!

We booked the 9 day Baltic from Copenhagen on Escape.  2 Cabins:  one balcony and one inside on Deck 13.  $8,900 $CDN.  Balcony gets all perks and inside gets 1.  Plus latitude extra point per night and $100 OBC per room!  Plus our shareholder bonus of $100 OBC so pretty awesome overall!  Last time we looked at this cruise it was around $11,000 for the cabins with the balcony getting 2 perks and the inside getting 1.  The cruise was also not listed under the latitudes reward program so no extra points or cabin spend.  The only way this can get any better is if the price drops in the next few months!  

Again, thanks OP!  

You were able to combine both the Insider Offers - both the 20% off AND the Double Points / $100 OBC? 

1 hour ago, pghflyer said:

You were able to combine both the Insider Offers - both the 20% off AND the Double Points / $100 OBC? 

There were a very few cruises that offered both.

My dilemma is we booked the Summer Solstice Norway cruise next June on the Star.  Right after that is Norway, Iceland, Scotland and UK, which is another one on my bucket list, but that ends up with us being away over a month, and I can’t imagine how much weight I’d gain!!  Plus the $$, because we also jumped on the Bliss deal....sigh....maybe 30% off next month?

1 hour ago, pghflyer said:

Actually, we have not yet got the confirmation of this from our T.A.  And from what I can tell, I'm not sure that the 2 offers stack.  The cruise was shown as eligible for the Double Points/$100 OBC a couple of weeks ago when I checked.  Waiting for confirmation and I will update my post either way.

I was rummaging and saw a couple which offered both - one was a 9 or 10 day cruise in January, W Caribbean on breakaway in middle of the month as I recall.  So yes they stack, but you have to find the right cruise, because each offer is only on specific cruises.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, erdoran said:

I was rummaging and saw a couple which offered both - one was a 9 or 10 day cruise in January, W Caribbean on breakaway in middle of the month as I recall.  So yes they stack, but you have to find the right cruise, because each offer is only on specific cruises.

This is the cruise I'm booked on, 10-day Breakaway Jan. 22 2020 of Port Canaveral, and yes, I rec'd both the 20% discount the extra points with the OBC. 

14 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

This is the cruise I'm booked on, 10-day Breakaway Jan. 22 2020 of Port Canaveral, and yes, I rec'd both the 20% discount the extra points with the OBC. 

We are on the same cruise and I forgot about the extra points.  Even though we sail for 3 weeks in Dec. we could not pass this deal up.  Also besides the points and the 20% off, we got $100 obc from NCL and $100 from our TA.  Watching the 7 day after this one but the price is ridiculous.  Maybe it will go down, sure hope so!!

• Like 1

We just called our travel agent and told her about the deal on our already booked 13 day Caribbean Cruise is 2021. She called and got three of our four couples going an $800 discount each. One couple could not get it as they have not sailed Norwegian before. THANKS for the tip.

Just wish there was a way to exclude Sail Away rates in results. Frustrating to always think I have found a "deal" only to find the 20% discount almost completely disappear once I want a rate that qualifies to get the "free" benefits.  I know it is all just presentation/ marketing but always disappointing nonetheless. 

On 7/19/2019 at 1:39 PM, FranknBeans said:

Thanks for that info we were able to take advantage for a Canada New England cruise 2020

Us too!  It was exactly what we needed to get back into Cruising (our last cruise was 2017).  Seven days Quebec to Boston - all for less than the price of a Caribbean All-Inclusive Resort.  Yes please!

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I just booked a 3rd cruise with this offer.  Not until Dec. 2020 but its a TA, should be fun and it leaves from Barcelona which means I can go a couple of days early to do some site seeing. Yay. 

Or do the cruise just before the TA for a B2B.  And still go a few days ahead to sight see!

• Like 1

I am I. The UK but have a US latitudes and book through CAS usually having 20% discount - does CAS give the discount and apply this VIP discount too. 

With the weak sterling at present - considering options - is there a CAS discount for UK cruisers 

Something else to consider, and I didn't see that anyone mentioned this before:  If you received the discount on an already-booked cruise AND have trip insurance, you may want to check and see if they will discount your insurance as well.  I called and asked about this last week (my insurance is not through NCL) since my cruise price dropped over $2k, and they told me that it was beyond the 15-day review period for the insurance policy but they would ask.  I got an email today saying I am getting a $250 refund.  So it never hurts to ask. 

1 hour ago, kenzie said:

I am I. The UK but have a US latitudes and book through CAS usually having 20% discount - does CAS give the discount and apply this VIP discount too. 

With the weak sterling at present - considering options - is there a CAS discount for UK cruisers 

I would certainly ask!  I received my CAS discount plus the 20%...but I am in the US so I don't know if that matters.  Also, the first time I called they told me that I could not combine discounts.  The second time I called they were able to do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kfnesq said:

Something else to consider, and I didn't see that anyone mentioned this before:  If you received the discount on an already-booked cruise AND have trip insurance, you may want to check and see if they will discount your insurance as well.  I called and asked about this last week (my insurance is not through NCL) since my cruise price dropped over $2k, and they told me that it was beyond the 15-day review period for the insurance policy but they would ask.  I got an email today saying I am getting a $250 refund.  So it never hurts to ask. 

Prior to final payment, why would this be an issue?  I can only speak to the Travel Guard policies we typically buy, but you only need to insure the trip costs per person that you have paid.   So, for example, when you've made a deposit on your cruise, you insure that amount and pay the premium for that insured amount.  When you make other payments (e.g., for airfare) that would not be refunded if you had to cancel on the day your trip starts, you increase the insured amount (and pay an additional premium if needed). After final payment on the cruise, you increase the insured amount to cover that, and pay the additional premium.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Prior to final payment, why would this be an issue?  I can only speak to the Travel Guard policies we typically buy, but you only need to insure the trip costs per person that you have paid.   So, for example, when you've made a deposit on your cruise, you insure that amount and pay the premium for that insured amount.  When you make other payments (e.g., for airfare) that would not be refunded if you had to cancel on the day your trip starts, you increase the insured amount (and pay an additional premium if needed). After final payment on the cruise, you increase the insured amount to cover that, and pay the additional premium.  

That's interesting.  I've always paid to insure the cost of the trip up front (the entire cost of the cruise, for example) and then add as necessary for airfare, etc.  The website always asks for the total trip cost and provides me quotes based on that, so that is what I have always done.  So--maybe that's unusual?  At any rate, in case anyone else was impacted in that way, I thought I would mention it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Although I can't say I've read every trip cancellation policy ever written, what you are saying is true for every policy I'm familiar with. The general rule of thumb is that you only have to insure the amount you have actually spent to date, and increase it as you lay out additional amounts. It's not necessary to insure the full final cost of your travel from the first day you put down a deposit. In fact you often don't know what your full cost will be as you may not be booking things like airline tickets and hotels until much later.

• Like 1

I booked another Panama Canal cruise under this offer. Let us all see what happens tomorrow with the Latitudes 20% offer. It should end and the prices for our cruises should go up if this was indeed a limited time deal and real sale. I'll be very curious if our deals just get extended over and over and/or if they get extended out to everyone regardless of Latitudes members after this. We all know NCL and their shady sales and marketing tactics. I did not have my cruise booked before this offer came out and I'm curious what will happen in the next few days. I know it's odd to say but I want to see my cruise go back up in price 20% so I indeed know I made a good money saving decision. I don't want to feel like I got duped by their marketing team into booking a cruise that was simply given a permanent price drop. I know I can still cancel if I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling of a real deal ....... If there is such a thing anymore.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, kfnesq said:

I would certainly ask!  I received my CAS discount plus the 20%...but I am in the US so I don't know if that matters.  Also, the first time I called they told me that I could not combine discounts.  The second time I called they were able to do it.

Thank you, I will ring them, I can book via them as I have done so for many years before they brought in the limitations of booking from the UK. 

Someone in my M&G thread pointed this out, and I'm so glad. I'd booked a cruise in November 2020, and I called last week and got it rebooked for 20% less. Considering that I'd booked a rather expensive cabin just for myself, that 20% is not chump change. I'm thrilled. Of course, now I get to hope the price drops again, ha ha.

It's booked with promo codes ALL4FW, EASYFARE, LATREW, and LATVIP. So there's also the drink package, internet, shore excursion credits, and 5-meal dining, and I used my CruiseNext deposit when I booked.

I'll be interested to see if I get double points. I don't see it written anywhere, but I've had past cruises where I got double points even though I never saw it written anywhere.

Edit: I googled, and apparently, "LATREW" is the code for double points? So...woot!

Edited by squick64

3 minutes ago, squick64 said:

Someone in my M&G thread pointed this out, and I'm so glad. I'd booked a cruise in November 2020, and I called last week and got it rebooked for 20% less. Considering that I'd booked a rather expensive cabin just for myself, that 20% is not chump change. I'm thrilled. Of course, now I get to hope the price drops again, ha ha.

It's booked with promo codes ALL4FW, EASYFARE, LATREW, and LATVIP. So there's also the drink package, internet, shore excursion credits, and 5-meal dining, and I used my CruiseNext deposit when I booked.

I'll be interested to see if I get double points. I don't see it written anywhere, but I've had past cruises where I got double points even though I never saw it written anywhere.

Here's what the eDocs say about the LATREW code:

"Note: LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members' reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level discounts/benefits onboard. This promo code does not provide any Latitude points."

Not sure what LATVIP provides.