20% Off Latitudes Past Guest Offer

cruisinsc1

25 minutes ago, ebay33 said:

Here's what the eDocs say about the LATREW code:

"Note: LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members' reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level discounts/benefits onboard. This promo code does not provide any Latitude points."

Not sure what LATVIP provides.

I  think LATVIP is the 20% off promo.  I also think that if you have a LATITUDE code as well, THAT is the extra point/OBC code.

I just booked a transatlantic out of NYC in April 2020 on the Getaway but it is my understanding that these repositioning cruises can drop down to rock bottom prices a couple of months before the sailing.  For this particular cruise, do you think it is better to wait or take advantage of the sale on current prices?    Right now I have a $50 deposit at stake.   I know on "regular" cruises it doesn't make sense to wait - but what about the repositioning cruises?   

23 hours ago, kfnesq said:

I would certainly ask!  I received my CAS discount plus the 20%...but I am in the US so I don't know if that matters.  Also, the first time I called they told me that I could not combine discounts.  The second time I called they were able to do it.

Thank you for the heads up on the combined discount. I just emailed CAS (no waiting on hold if you email) and they applied the LATVIP discount to my CAS discount. Woo hoo...$600 saved!

4 hours ago, Cb2534 said:

I just booked a transatlantic out of NYC in April 2020 on the Getaway but it is my understanding that these repositioning cruises can drop down to rock bottom prices a couple of months before the sailing.  For this particular cruise, do you think it is better to wait or take advantage of the sale on current prices?    Right now I have a $50 deposit at stake.   I know on "regular" cruises it doesn't make sense to wait - but what about the repositioning cruises?   

Since you don't have to make final payment for quite some time, why wouldn't you book now to take advantage of the sale, and then monitor prices?   Plus, you have a much better choice of cabins now.  As for "rock bottom prices," TAs have gotten more popular, so don't count on "rock bottom."  Also, booking very late means you could likely pay more in airfare to return from Europe, and possibly more for a hotel there as well.    

Certainly you aren't worried about a $50 deposit?   

I didn't see much amazing on this sale once I tried to book a fare that got the real benefits, but seems a pretty low risk to hold something and cancel later when/ if a better deal comes along. I guess the question is if everyone did book with this approach, would NCL feel like they had enough bookings to not ever need to discount as much (so we end up defeating our own discount)....

2 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

I didn't see much amazing on this sale once I tried to book a fare that got the real benefits, but seems a pretty low risk to hold something and cancel later when/ if a better deal comes along. I guess the question is if everyone did book with this approach, would NCL feel like they had enough bookings to not ever need to discount as much (so we end up defeating our own discount)....

Huh?  Balcony or above gets ALL of the "free at sea" promos and 20% off the cruise fare.  In our case, we saved more than $1000 on an already-booked cruise, and if you read the comments above, you will see many posts from folks who have also saved a good deal of money.  And plenty of folks who have thought it a good enough deal to book new cruises.   

• Like 1

They extended it another few days. 

20% OFF SELECT CRUISE FARES FOR LATITUDES MEMBERS 

Booking Window: August 01, 2019 - August 06, 2019 11:59pm EST
Applicable Sailings 

Terms & Conditions
Offer is not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX, MX (Sail Away Categories).

Offer is applicable to all guest in the stateroom.
Offer is for new individual FIT reservations. 
Qualifying new individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing speculative group and count towards tour conductor credits. 
Offer is not combinable with existing group block rates. Promotion cannot be held as group block. 
To take advantage of this offer, guest needs to provide latitude number at time of booking. 
In order to qualify guest must be enrolled in the Latitudes program and have completed at least one sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line. 
Offer valid for all Latitudes tiers: BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD, PLATINUM, PLATINUM PLUS, or AMBASSADOR.
Offer not applicable to net rates.
Singles paying 200% of the rate are eligible for full discount.
Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's terms and conditions.
This is a cruise only offer. This promotion is not applicable on the land portion of cruisetours or BUNDLES.
Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line's discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
Cancellation fees also apply based on the booking/sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of travel protection on all bookings.
Government taxes, port expenses & fees, and discretionary onboard service charges are additional. 
Not applicable to chartered dates and group types: CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE
Applicable to NCLMIAMI, NCLINTL, NCLASIA, AUSTRALIA, NCL MEA and NCLBRAZIL. Not applicable to CE or UK offices.

19 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I booked another Panama Canal cruise under this offer. Let us all see what happens tomorrow with the Latitudes 20% offer. It should end and the prices for our cruises should go up if this was indeed a limited time deal and real sale. I'll be very curious if our deals just get extended over and over and/or if they get extended out to everyone regardless of Latitudes members after this. We all know NCL and their shady sales and marketing tactics. I did not have my cruise booked before this offer came out and I'm curious what will happen in the next few days. I know it's odd to say but I want to see my cruise go back up in price 20% so I indeed know I made a good money saving decision. I don't want to feel like I got duped by their marketing team into booking a cruise that was simply given a permanent price drop. I know I can still cancel if I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling of a real deal ....... If there is such a thing anymore.  

I believe it IS a true sale- I was picking through some itineraries for Oct 2020 and found one I liked. Called my TA and asked her to put a hold on while I checked with some family members to see who wanted to join. My TA said there was a 20% sale coming up for Latitudes members and the one I picked qualified. Sure enough- that Monday morning when the sale went live, the price did in fact come down 20%, so we took advantage and saved just under $800

Well, as said the "sale" got extended. Let's see if it get extended again .... and again just like NCL's Free at Sea promotion. If all of our 20% sailings never go back up in price it more or less proves that the cruise price was just simply overpriced to begin with and we simply paid a more realistic adjusted price versus receiving a special 20% off. Like I said earlier, I want to see my fare go up 20% and only then will I feel that we got a real sale price which is something none of the lines really offer anymore. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Well, as said the "sale" got extended. Let's see if it get extended again .... and again just like NCL's Free at Sea promotion. If all of our 20% sailings never go back up in price it more or less proves that the cruise price was just simply overpriced to begin with and we simply paid a more realistic adjusted price versus receiving a special 20% off. Like I said earlier, I want to see my fare go up 20% and only then will I feel that we got a real sale price which is something none of the lines really offer anymore. 

Given how high some of NCL's prices are (I think the same is true right now for other cruise lines), this is a legitimate question.  In fact, I voiced the same thought to my wife back when the sale started.   It will be interesting to see what happens when the sale ends.  

16 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Given how high some of NCL's prices are (I think the same is true right now for other cruise lines), this is a legitimate question.  In fact, I voiced the same thought to my wife back when the sale started.   It will be interesting to see what happens when the sale ends.  

I think a lot of companies are waiting to see what the economy does.  There has been so much speculation on Wall Street in the last few months of a mild recession that many companies, particularly entertainment/travel companies, are offering good "sales" to make their forward-looking spreadsheets look good.  I looked at a 10-day stay at a Sandals resort last week that was priced at $30k that had sales incentives that took it down to $10k.

The Fed's reduction yesterday was met with a big drop in stocks, but today they are rebounding.  I think everyone is in a holding pattern to see what the next big round of economic numbers show.

Edited by GA Dave
sp

10 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Not really.  If you log out and try to make the booking as a first-timer, you'll see that the prices are higher.

This is absolutely a sale for repeat cruisers

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'm seeing the savings either. I'm not saying people aren't saving money. I don't currently have a cruise booked but have the offer listed. When I log in the prices are the same as if im not logged in. Yes im going through past guest offerings see 175 options.   I go all the way through the mock booking til payment is required and the total amount due never changes....

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ahays00 said:

I'm not sure I'm seeing the savings either. I'm not saying people aren't saving money. I don't currently have a cruise booked but have the offer listed. When I log in the prices are the same as if im not logged in. Yes im going through past guest offerings see 175 options.   I go all the way through the mock booking til payment is required and the total amount due never changes....

When I go into booking (not logged in) and I put in Caribbean, Miami, May 14, 2021.  It shows a 9-day cruise ... for a BF the pricing for 2 people with all 4 of the "free at sea" at $4,304.42  - If one goes into cruise deals - past guest Offer ... one of the 175 cruises is this cruise.  You have to log in to get this price it is $3,584.82.   (when you go back into the regular booking - you have to log out if you don't want to see only the discounted price.)  NCL had my TA cancel my booking and then re-do the booking to get the lower cost ... Jan

19 minutes ago, Ahays00 said:

It’s quite easy to show that the discount is actually applying to a cruise.

Just go through a dummy booking whilst logged in and then do the same whilst logged out. You will see the difference.

As to whether those discounts are real ones based on real prices, you have to take our word for it, but I was looking at a few cruises before this sale started (and for some time before it) and the base price hasn’t changed at all. For me this sale takes prices from a bit expensive to good value.

I am booked in an inside sailaway.  When this promo first came up I thought I could switch to an IF category which was only $15 less than what I was paying but I would get one perk and $50 OBC.  By the time I called my TA later that day, the IF was gone and the ID was $150 more.  It did not pay me to switch since I was already assigned s IA cabin.  Now my sailaway rate is $250 pp more than what I paid.

3 hours ago, Named-Tawny said:

Not really.  If you log out and try to make the booking as a first-timer, you'll see that the prices are higher.

This is absolutely a sale for repeat cruisers

You're right, this seems to be the case. My 12 day Panama Canal on the joy for 2021 is $6200 for a family of four. Largest oceanview cabin on the ship 10700, drinks package, and kids (3rd&4th) sail free. That is logged out. Logged in under my latitudes it's $5400. So a savings of $800. I can make a comparison to my other Panama Canal sailing on the Bliss this past April. That was 15 days with the kids. We had the drink package and had an inside with a winning bid to move to OV for $300 for a total of $6000. This Joy 12 day is basically $600 less than our Bliss 15 Day.  Not a bad deal as I booked the Bliss PC cruise in May of 2017 for 2019 and they never went down. Prices are somewhat comparable. 

1 hour ago, Ahays00 said:

I'm sorry, but if you are actually looking at cruises covered by this sale, you are doing something wrong.  Click on the "Past Guests Exclusive Rates" block on the home page of NCL.com, log in, and look at a cruise.  The first screen you will see has the non-sale prices for each of the stateroom categories.  Click on a cabin category, and then on the next page, Dates & Stateroom, you will see that the prices for the stateroom categories have dropped to the sales prices.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I'm sorry, but if you are actually looking at cruises covered by this sale, you are doing something wrong.  Click on the "Past Guests Exclusive Rates" block on the home page of NCL.com, log in, and look at a cruise.  The first screen you will see has the non-sale prices for each of the stateroom categories.  Click on a cabin category, and then on the next page, Dates & Stateroom, you will see that the prices for the stateroom categories have dropped to the sales prices.

No need to be sorry. I'm likely doing something wrong.. however just logged on on my phone clicked on a few random cruises and yes some do show a lesser amount on the screen after choosing that sailing. However not all .. some stayed the same. Example here. Logged on on my phone screen shot showing past guest offer . Then a picture not logged in on my iPad same sailing same price. Am I still doing something wrong? Am I crazy? Sorry for the confusion but I want to take advantage but the cruises I'm really interested in do not show the savings after logged in. Thanks for any insight.

Screenshot_20190801-193652_Chrome.jpg

20190801_193856.jpg

I agree with Turtles... there's something you're doing/not doing which is not giving you the same results that we've been lucky enough to receive. 

You need to follow the steps exactly as described. 

1. you must be a past guest (have cruised before with NCL) and have a Latitudes #

2. you must log into your MyNCL account (after checking the price of the cabin you want prior to logging in so that you know the original price)

3. once logged in, you should select the Past Guest Offers from "Specials" which will list 175 cruises. 

4. from this list, and this list only, select the cruise you want starting in January 2020.  Cruises listed prior to this date will only offer the double points and the OBC. 

5. choose a cruise you want from destinations you want to visit and do a mock booking to compare the price from the cruise you researched previously. 

Looks like you're finding some that may be available.  There are only certain cruises included. Hope you find something you like. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ahays00 said:

No need to be sorry. I'm likely doing something wrong.. however just logged on on my phone clicked on a few random cruises and yes some do show a lesser amount on the screen after choosing that sailing. However not all .. some stayed the same. Example here. Logged on on my phone screen shot showing past guest offer . Then a picture not logged in on my iPad same sailing same price. Am I still doing something wrong? Am I crazy? Sorry for the confusion but I want to take advantage but the cruises I'm really interested in do not show the savings after logged in. Thanks for any insight.

Screenshot_20190801-193652_Chrome.jpg

20190801_193856.jpg

I have just checked the same cruise for you.  Forget the "average price" thing that you've circled, those aren't the stateroom prices.  Pick a stateroom category; I used Balcony, which starts out as from $3099 as you can see in your screen shot directly above.   Start a mock booking by clicking click on that, which, as I explained above, will bring up a page called "Dates and Stateroom." Click the orange box "Continue to Stateroom Options" and you will see a row of stateroom categories with the lower sales prices.  Balconies, for example, starting at $2679.  

Edited by Turtles06

My thanksgiving 2019 cruise was not less(even with OBC), but it was included in the sail. It's past final payment now, too so time to stop looking unless I want to upgrade!

Edited by bearette