Papeete 1 Night stay Manava or IC

jjjct

Hello, I will be departing on a cruise from Papeete. Our flight is overnight, 14 hours long + layover for connection. We are arriving at 5AM in Papeete the day before cruise. Figure we will be very tiered andĀ jet lagged. So was looking at eitherĀ Manava Suite Resort or the Intercontinental Tahiti, soĀ we can relax by the pool and hopefully store luggage before afternoon check in. Would appreciate any advise on which resort is better for pool, rooms, food. Is either within walking distance to a grocery?

2 hours ago, jjjct said:

Hello, I will be departing on a cruise from Papeete. Our flight is overnight, 14 hours long + layover for connection. We are arriving at 5AM in Papeete the day before cruise. Figure we will be very tiered andĀ jet lagged. So was looking at eitherĀ Manava Suite Resort or the Intercontinental Tahiti, soĀ we can relax by the pool and hopefully store luggage before afternoon check in. Would appreciate any advise on which resort is better for pool, rooms, food. Is either within walking distance to a grocery?

Both are good choicesĀ  .... thought the Grande Dame of Tahiti is the IC. The pools at the IC IMO are superior. Both have nice rooms. IC has two markets within walking distance. A small one to the left when leaving and the largest on the island 2/3 mile to the right when leaving. Not sure about a market close to the Manava ... that's what Google maps is for šŸ˜‰

8 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Both are good choicesĀ  .... thought the Grande Dame of Tahiti is the IC. The pools at the IC IMO are superior. Both have nice rooms. IC has two markets within walking distance. A small one to the left when leaving and the largest on the island 2/3 mile to the right when leaving. Not sure about a market close to the Manava ... that's what Google maps is for šŸ˜‰

Thank you , we booked the Manave. Husbands choice, little bit less money, and want to go to the Blue Banana Restaurant which is in walking distance. You are a wealth of info on these islands.It is our first visit and know I will be asking many more questions as i plan this cruise. Do you have any posted cruise reviews?

Ā 

11 hours ago, jjjct said:

Thank you , we booked the Manave. Husbands choice, little bit less money, and want to go to the Blue Banana Restaurant which is in walking distance. You are a wealth of info on these islands.It is our first visit and know I will be asking many more questions as i plan this cruise. Do you have any posted cruise reviews?

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you for the kudosĀ  .... yes there is a review/information thread, hope you like pictures and suggestions šŸ˜‰

Ā 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2457726-my-review-suggestions/

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Stayed at the Manava Suites two years ago and while not as nice as the IC we liked it very much. The rooms are nicely appointed, pool and beach great. Like many of the hotels are doing in Tahiti they have a new coral nursery where the snorkeling is great. Think you'll be very happy.

Edited by Petoonya

On 7/17/2019 at 1:02 PM, Petoonya said:

Stayed at the Manava Suites two years ago and while not as nice as the IC we liked it very much. The rooms are nicely appointed, pool and beach great. Like many of the hotels are doing in Tahiti they have a new coral nursery where the snorkeling is great. Think you'll be very happy.

Thank you! Do they have mask and snorkel for use?