Sea Turtles

JH1620

21 minutes ago, JH1620 said:

Hi All, I read somewhere on here about a woman captain that comes to pick you up w her dog and will bring you to swim w the turtles. Can’t remember the name of tour. Please help! 

The only tour guide I know who brings a dog is Heidi Cowen. She is not a captain...... I never heard anything about swimming with turtles but I think on her Natural History walking tour they go somewhere that you might spot turtles. You can contact her for exact and correct info.

http://www.bermudabyways.com/tours/

Edited by Charles4515

I was doing a little research on Bermuda for our upcoming cruise and stumbled across an article for 2-seater electric boats you can rent. Now, in keeping on topic- further investigation revealed that the boat rentals are at Daniel's Head Beach Park and reviews of that area said that sea turtles were often found swimming there. It appears to be a semi-secluded area, fairly close to the Dockyard and without the crowds that Horseshoe gets.

Interested in hearing from anyone who has experience with DHBP

2 hours ago, mzhibbs said:

Bare Foot Charters sounds great, but we have more then 10 people.  Any other recommendations for larger groups?

Just go to Daniels Head. No guarantees of course but as has been posted turtles are often seen there. 

5 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

I was doing a little research on Bermuda for our upcoming cruise and stumbled across an article for 2-seater electric boats you can rent. Now, in keeping on topic- further investigation revealed that the boat rentals are at Daniel's Head Beach Park and reviews of that area said that sea turtles were often found swimming there. It appears to be a semi-secluded area, fairly close to the Dockyard and without the crowds that Horseshoe gets.

Interested in hearing from anyone who has experience with DHBP

There is a water park there. X2O adventures. Daniels Head is a good place to spot turtles. I posted about the electric boats last weekend. You don’t need to rent the boats or use the water park. Or you can rent a boat at H2O watersports in Somerset and head that way. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, 1bets1 said:

Is it easy to get a cab back? Also, do sea turtles ever bite? I really want to see them, but I'm not sure how close I want to be. Lol.

The turtles won’t bother you or bite unless you provoke them. Stay away from their head. Normally they will swim right by. For a cab back you will have to use your phone to call a taxi or ask one of the business on the beach to call. You could also walk to a bus stop. That would be a little over a half mile. 

Edited by Charles4515

Thank you. I'm trying to figure something for my last day. We leave at 3, so I'm guessing all aboard is 2-2:30. 1st day Horseshoe, 2nd day Clearwater beach and Coopers nature reserve. I'm just nervous about getting a cab back. I wish they ran those mini busses all over! 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 5:04 PM, Charles4515 said:

There is a water park there. X2O adventures. Daniels Head is a good place to spot turtles. I posted about the electric boats last weekend. You don’t need to rent the boats or use the water park. Or you can rent a boat at H2O watersports in Somerset and head that way. 

Once again- thank you for the valuable information! How does Daniel's Head compare to Horseshoe- is it even fair to ask? And about how far/long of a drive is it from the Dockyard?

50 minutes ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Once again- thank you for the valuable information! How does Daniel's Head compare to Horseshoe- is it even fair to ask? And about how far/long of a drive is it from the Dockyard?

Daniels Head is a different kind of beach than Horseshoe. Daniels Head is a small beach. Shallow and calm. Uncrowded. If you have been to Horseshoe and want to do something different, a different beach, that is what it is. You might see a turtle. No guarantee but you might. If you go there take water shoes. The bottom is not soft sand like Horseshoe.  It is about a ten minute drive from the Dockyard. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1