$89 10 drink card

On a topic somewhere I saw a flyer for an $89 10 drink card which could be purchased on boarding.

I have done many RCI cruises and have never seen this on sale on boarding.

I dont want to buy the drinks package because I am Diamond and will get drinks during the happy hour and will pay for any drinks after that time .

this 10 drink card would be useful.

Anyone seen or bought one of these?

• Like 1

My understanding is they are only available on sailings that didn't sell x amount of packages...
The only time I have seen them sold is with 3 or 4 days left in the cruise.

I doubt there will be very many ships selling a 10 drink card between 2/2020 - 11/2020

#Beveragegate2019

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lindypops said:

On a topic somewhere I saw a flyer for an $89 10 drink card which could be purchased on boarding.

I dont want to buy the drinks package because I am Diamond and will get drinks during the happy hour and will pay for any drinks after that time .

We have not seen the card for sale on the first day.

4 hours ago, Lindypops said:

On my 9 day Anthem cruise they offered it towards the end maybe day 5. I had the refreshment package and by day 5 I was already cutting back on the soft drinks, water and coffee. As far as alcohol goes I can take it or leave it and buying it by the drink works out better for me.  Even with soft drinks I tend to indulge the first few days and then the novelty wears off.

• Like 1

Ditto Mike.  Same here....cutting back and sick of alcohol usually by day 5.  The only time we do a package is when it is offered as a perk.  No way we'd drink that much, especially with a Diamond lounge.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Ditto Mike.  Same here....cutting back and sick of alcohol usually by day 5.  The only time we do a package is when it is offered as a perk.  No way we'd drink that much, especially with a Diamond lounge.

Our next cruise will be first as Diamond plus booked in suite so have CL. Husband & I are back and forth on whether we should purchase drink package. Would have purchased at $18 but missed that glitch. He is a big drinker but only first few days! It’s an 11 day cruise so not sure $1100 is worth especially 5 port days. We aren’t fancy coffee drinkers and tap water is fine! 

4 hours ago, Bobal said:

It was on this review - and it was on day 1 !! 

Perhaps others will chime in as to whether they've seen it on other ships

I suspect hat almost EVERYBODY had it on that sailing anyway because it was a UK promotion....so the card was to capture the few that did not have it....🤔

47 minutes ago, kidless said:

Our next cruise will be first as Diamond plus booked in suite so have CL. Husband & I are back and forth on whether we should purchase drink package. Would have purchased at $18 but missed that glitch. He is a big drinker but only first few days! It’s an 11 day cruise so not sure $1100 is worth especially 5 port days. We aren’t fancy coffee drinkers and tap water is fine! 

I don't think $1100 is a good investment in your situation. Your husband sounds like he has the same drinking pattern as I do. I don't drink much at home only in social situations and even then I have to drive so I limit myself. When I'm on a cruise it's a novelty so I tend to drink more but on my last cruise I was fine with just drinking  one or two in the evening. It helps that I don't like those sweet drinks so the Martini's, Manhattan's and  Scotch neat  don't go down as fast.

• Like 1

10 drink card was just offered on my 9-day Anthem cruise on about day 4, I believe.  They also offered a beer card too, about day 6 maybe??  I have never seen it offered on day 1....also, the drink card is not offered on every sailing either.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:57 AM, SuiteLady said:

10 drink card was just offered on my 9-day Anthem cruise on about day 4, I believe.  They also offered a beer card too, about day 6 maybe??  I have never seen it offered on day 1....also, the drink card is not offered on every sailing either.

They were still offering the BOGO on day 1 of our Anthem cruise.

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

BOGO was offered on our July 5 Ovation and July 12 Radiance cruise.  Couldn't believe it was offered and about the same price as online sales.  Here is a pic

20190712_191149.jpg

Good to hear, we always get the BOGO, and sad that they seem to of done away with it

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

They were still offering the BOGO on day 1 of our Anthem cruise.

Yes, we had this offered day 1, also.... but it was based on $63/day and not much of a deal to me!  The drink card didn’t surface until day 4......

On Lady H last August they 'mistakenly' printed the drinks card on the cruise compass around day 2/3 iirc. Every bar we asked passed us onto another bar at what effectively was the furthest bar from that bar we were at!

Doesn't take a genius to work out what they were trying to do, so got hold of the relevant bar officer and he reluctantly allowed to us to purchase them.

I got the impression that whoever 'cut n paste' the offer from the last cruise or whenever, was in a fair bit of trouble ha ha ha

We have had these cards in the past , they are great because they can be shared .

On the Eastbound TA last year on Navigator I asked on day one if the cards were going to be available and told no only for it to appear with 3 days left of the cruise . I would have bought it at the beginning of the cruise but not with 3 days left .