Canal Webcams

BillB48

Great news!  (It's about time...).  EM

When I transited on Splendor last year, there were several cams evident on the port side of the ship that were either left over from the construction period, or inuse internally.  I wondered why they didn't put one online.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Edited by Essiesmom

I don't why, but the Canal Authority seems to be rather conservative with what live feed they put up on the web.  There are plenty of cameras about as they can view in the control tower critical areas on the locks.  There is also an extensive closed circuit TV system that all ties in with the Canal's Marine Traffic Control Center located on the Pacific side,  So there certainly no shortage of cameras to provide a feed.

• 5 weeks later...

Good news on the webcam front... as of right now, all of the cam links are active.  The one for "Pedro Miguel" Locks is finally on line.  While it does not actually show Pedro Miguel Locks in its present orientation, it does provide a great view from the top of the hill on the east side of the locks (Cerro Luisa) looking north towards the Centennial Bridge.

Happy ship watching!

Tracking Grand Classica today on her maiden transit.  Got my (now) expected passage under the Atlantic Bridge.  The gray stripe is the shadow of the bridge as she passes under...

enhance

Then she heads into the channel to Gatun Locks.  The cam is looking out from the channel to the Agua Clara locks

enhance

I thought that would be it, but apparently there was someone running the cam that wanted us to see more of her.  Beyond this colorful container ship, you can see her in the other channel:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

And then a view from the Pedro Miguel cam:

enhance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

enhance

enhance

Island Princess eastbound today.  Loving the view from the Pedro Miguel cam.  Notice the cargo ship in the channel from the Cocoli Locks....  You will see it again...

Here,  in the Agua Clara locks  where I was patient enough to catch Island again on her way to entry of the Gatun Locks:

enhance

Edited by Essiesmom