New RSSC website - only for Europe ??

I just about had a heart attack when I went onto the RSSC.com site a few minutes ago  to review the shore excursions for our Splendor cruise in March 2020 - the site had completely changed and for about 10 minutes I could not figure how to get to my "Already booked" cruises.   just imagine!!   In this case "new" is not "improved".  I tried all possible ways including the menu - nothing to take me to "already booked" I finally noticed a little icon on the top righthand corner - looked like the head and shoulders of a person in a tiny circle.  I tried clicking on that and LO!  it took me to the section I needed.  Since our excursions are bookable from tomorrow morning I am glad I found this out today and am posting to make sure that if anyone else has the same problem they know what to do!!

Why on earth there is no mention regarding Already Booked Cruises I have no idea.  Presumably the tekkie who revised the site doesn't cruise !

I am curious too to know if this change in site only applies to those of us in Europe or if anyone in the US has noticed it ??

Glad you found it.  But why on earth should we have this problem?   Regent tekkies need to put themselves into the shoes of the customers!

Another issue which you won't have I hope  - under contact info for Regent there is a phone number listed with an 069 area code and no country code.  Being in Switzerland if I want to contact Regent - in this case this is the number of their Frankfurt office (!) I have to dial the German country code.  But no mention of that!   (as it happens I would not want to deal with Frankfurt in any case but that is another issue...)

Change was also made in the US site -- I noticed a few days ago.  Had the same frustrations as you -- trying to find our booked cruises.  Like you I discovered the little person icon in the corner.  The logical place would of been to include it in "the menu" -- or the site map, but oh no.  

A heads up email from Regent about the change would of been nice or a flag on the website noting the change.

Getting used to the changes on the Regent website but am worried that it appears to be somewhat unstable.

Navigating around the My Account section keeps throwing up random error messages. Anyone else having the same issues?

Gerry - so glad that I read your post (things here have been crazy around here and I complete forgot).  It is almost midnight (and you’re just getting up).  Going to the big computer now.  Enjoy your day in the sun!

Less than two months out from the booking date for our May 2020 cruise excursions and, perhaps as a new "feature" of the revised web site, I can't find the option to download the complete list of probable excursions.  I can download each port individually (as pdfs), but the "email all available shore excursions" option sends a cover sheet with no port listings.

As I recall (though it has been a while), you used to be able to get the entire list as a single document so that we could prioritize our options which would then, of course, be compared with the actual offerings at excursion booking time.  Do I misremember?

Edited by Portolan

5 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

Somewhere on the old site there was an opportunity to have RSSC e mail you the list of excursions.   I have not seen this on the new site.  (New = NOT improved!!)

Gerry,

The option stated as "email all available shore excursions" appears on each port's excursion list, but only sends a cover sheet (for the entire cruise).  The adjacent option to "download" just provides that port's excursions.

BTW, just returned from 2 weeks in Switzerland...what a beautiful country!

Edited by Portolan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Portolan said:

Less than two months out from the booking date for our May 2020 cruise excursions and, perhaps as a new "feature" of the revised web site, I can't find the option to download the complete list of probable excursions.  I can download each port individually (as pdfs), but the "email all available shore excursions" option sends a cover sheet with no port listings.

As I recall (though it has been a while), you used to be able to get the entire list as a single document so that we could prioritize our options which would then, of course, be compared with the actual offerings at excursion booking time.  Do I misremember?

My memory is hazy at this point but it seems to me that I received the cover page listing until some time in March when requesting the emailed excursion list for our April 15 cruise this year. 

I was able to get the entire listing (minus Catalina Island for some reason) for our march 20 cruise about two months ago.   It was e mailed to me by Regent.  TravelCat2 was the person who kindly told me how to get it!  I can't remember now what I did but suggest you PM her to ask...

So maybe I’m the odd man out but I like the new interface.  BUT...I’m viewing it on an iPad so maybe it’s a mobile version or something.  I don’t see the “little man in the circle” and My Account” is right in the main menu.  Guess I need to check it on my laptop to see if there are different versions.

But this does bring to mind the expression “damned if ya do, damned if ya don’t” - years of complaints about the old website, and they finally update it and we’re getting all upset because it’s different.  It will probably take a week or so to get used to the changes.  Remember how much griping there was when Cruise Critic changed format?  Seems like everyone has come to grips with that...

Yesterday there was no mention of previously booked cruises on the menu listing.  Only the icon I mentioned on the top right of the home page.   Now there is "My Account" on the menu.  That is fine.  Should have been there before (or if it was I certainly did not see it and I looked all over the site!)  Little head in the circle has gone!  Decapitated ??

The old search function for cruises worked well as far as I am concerned...but you are right!  Damned if you do and especially damned if you don't!!  Or the reverse in this case.

Thanks Gerry for your information, otherwise I would have wandered in the darkness all night. 

Well, I had a strange incident last night, after midnight, trying to book my excursions.

About 12:15 am, the reservations site opened. I selected all the tours I had chosen. The site worked very slowly.  Got them all. Clicked away at everything and thought I was done. 

I returned to the site when I realized I hadn’t printed the sheet and was shocked to find no selections. So at 12:45am, I started all over again. 

Finally at about 1:15am, I was able to print my selections. 

This morning I did receive an email confirmation from Regent. What a challenge!

Yay!

Sheila

Compared to you, Sheila, everything went smoothly here (once I found which button to click on on the site!!)

I got up at 0700 as usual, went onto the site, booked the excursions and by the time we had had breakfast I had the confirmation in my inbox!

Curious about Catalina Island though!  We didn't plan to take an excursion there anyway but it is strange that it is missing.

Edited by Hambagahle

Gerry. 

This just happened to me a few months ago. For our cruise this coming December, one of our ports changed just after we made out excursion selections. A Newport was then listed. It took two months to list the excursions. There was no notice. We just checked every week. This week they were finally listed. 

See you in a couple of months. 

Sheila 

I can get around the general website, but can't get into my account.  Getting a message the the website is currently unavailable when I click on the little person icon.   Sigh ....

Gerry:  Were you able to get the actual PDF of the excursion listings (i.e. with times), or just the list of excursions?   Every time I've asked, I'm told that the actual PDF, the thing with the details, doesn't come out until right around the time when excursions can be booked.    Frustrating, since I like to have a chance to mull them over, and time of departure is a factor in my choosing.