Shade in Grand Turks

scrapycruiser

8 minutes ago, scrapycruiser said:

Just wondering if it’s possible to find shade at the Margaritaville pool in Grand Turk ? Or should I rent a cabana ? We’ll be on the Breeze next week and we’re the only ship in port. 

At the pool itself ?  No

If you want any kind of space, shade or not, you need to get there early.  My sister is hard to get out of bed unless we have an excursion.  Arriving onshore after noon, we had a very difficult time even find a spot of grass large enough for two towels.  I love the pool there, but if we go again, I will try to book a cabana.  EM

8 hours ago, scrapycruiser said:

How’s the food at Margaritaville?

Agree with mets123.  Over priced and mediocre.  The Beached Whale on the other side of the pier is a bit better and not quite as expensive (same owner as the MV franchise, but doesn't have to follow Buffet Rules).  Last time we were in GT it wasn't as crowded either.  But Jack's on the other hand was overflowing and service was almost non-existent, extremely slow and that was just for a beer.  Good for Jack's, not good for cruisers who wait until closer to lunch time to head over.  Absence of places between Jack's and MV is an issue.

I was not impressed with Margaritaville at all. It's very expensive, and I found no shade at all at the pool, It was very hot and the concrete will burn your feet without having shoes on. Next time I go there I am going to book an excursion to get away from the port area and find a more quiet area. I will say that the beach on the rockier side is better. My first experience in Grand Turk was not the greatest. I know it is beautiful there, but you have to get away from the port to see it.