Oh, edocs ,my edocs, where have you gone.......again

ATXBecky

So after I made the final payment on our cruise I got notification at 70 days out our edocs were ready to download. I took a quick peek at them, making a note of our air reservation number and then making the decision to print later. After all, I had 70 days. Then the web site upgrade happened along with Cuba being cancelled(no. we weren't going to Cuba) and poof.....edocs gone. I decided to wait a few days before calling to let the dust settle. At around 50 days, I called and was told " will be out at about 40 days. This happens when they need to finalize air". So at 38 days  called back and was transferred to tech help. They took a look at everything  and was told all the info is in the system. That the air dept is checking everyone's and that if I couldn't download edocs at 14 days to call tech support back. So today I am at 30 days and thought maybe I will check to see if they are there yet.  Holy cow ! They were there! Time to print(after saving the documents). Printed blank paper! WHAT!!! Then the tab crashed so logged in again.Then they were NOT there. Really, I said to myself. When I got home this afternoon, I thought for fun let's look again. Well, the phantom edocs were back! Woo hoo! Time to print. And print I did. They are so small you need a magnifying glass to read them. I hope the NCL staff gets a kick out of the tiny edocs if I can't enlarge them.🤣

Mine have disappeared and come back four times now. At one point, the edocs included our air info so I was able to use the locator number and reserve seats even though we are not ticketed yet. The edocs disappeared the last time so I thought we were finally being ticketed. They were gone this last time about 3 weeks.  The edocs suddenly came back at some point today, so I thought maybe our air was finally ticketed - so just went to United to check. Nope - still not ticketed - and no air info now on edocs like before.  I'm sure they'll disappear a few more times before that happens.

11 minutes ago, ljrfrm said:

Mine have disappeared and come back four times now. At one point, the edocs included our air info so I was able to use the locator number and reserve seats even though we are not ticketed yet. The edocs disappeared the last time so I thought we were finally being ticketed. They were gone this last time about 3 weeks.  The edocs suddenly came back at some point today, so I thought maybe our air was finally ticketed - so just went to United to check. Nope - still not ticketed - and no air info now on edocs like before.  I'm sure they'll disappear a few more times before that happens.

I am not alone. Lol.  My hubbie tried printing edocs on his computer and they printed normal size not tiny. Making progress. I am now going to see if they ticketed our air. Because like you we could do seats but no actual ticket.

34 minutes ago, ATXBecky said:

I am not alone. Lol.  My hubbie tried printing edocs on his computer and they printed normal size not tiny. Making progress. I am now going to see if they ticketed our air. Because like you we could do seats but no actual ticket.

I'm a planner so this is testing my patience.  We were able to reserve seats on United but return home is on Lufthansa and it's a no go until we're ticketed.  Also, there's always still the chance of the air changing.  Glad you could print your docs.

1 hour ago, Alatraveler1 said:

Where is the record locator on your edocs and what does it look like?  How do you know which airline from just the number?

My eDocs did what so many others have done and disappeared, only to return without flight info. My initial peek at the eDocs showed my record locator was DL-XXXXXX. This indicated Delta Airlines. They remain confirmed but not ticketed, so that number could become invalid at any time. I hope not, because I like my flights. They are not nonstops, but pretty good. 

2 hours ago, Alatraveler1 said:

Where is the record locator on your edocs and what does it look like?  How do you know which airline from just the number?

1 hour ago, stevendom57 said:

My eDocs did what so many others have done and disappeared, only to return without flight info. My initial peek at the eDocs showed my record locator was DL-XXXXXX. This indicated Delta Airlines. They remain confirmed but not ticketed, so that number could become invalid at any time. I hope not, because I like my flights. They are not nonstops, but pretty good. 

The RECORD LOCATOR is a 6 digit/letter code for your airline reservation.

The airline space would be confirmed but there would be no PAPER ticket.

If you check in advance for your flight (24 hours) you would see your reservation

and can check in indicating the number of checked bags you have and then

print out a boarding pass. The boarding pass and baggage are presented to

the baggage check-in agent - the matching sticky bag check stubs are affixed

to the boarding pass and the agent directs you into the terminal for TSA clearance

and your gate assignment.

If you do not check-in on line when you get to the airport go to the kiosks in front

of the baggage check and punch in that 6 digit/letter Record Locator and a boarding

pass will be printed - take that and your luggage to the check-in counter to get

baggage stubs gate information and directions to the TSA point.

On line you don't have much coaching - at the airport there are lobby agents to

help you along.

The thing to remember here is that Record Locator is an electronic ticket - there

are no PAPER tickets anymore - the paper document that you print or the kiosk

prints is your boarding pass. This can be replaced by using a smart phone and

installing the Delta in this case or other airline apt.

When you go thru the TSA check point the boarding pass or smart phone apt

is your authorization. At the Gate before boarding you also show that to the

agent who scans it showing you have boarded the flight.

Any complicated questions ask the airline agent - there maybe baggage fees

for overweight sporting goods or too many pieces of luggage - put restricted

items knives forks spoons articles inside your check luggage not in your carry-on.

Have too much weight in one piece adjust place it into a lighter bag or the carry-on

if a clothing item wear it. Electronic items with Lithium batteries observe all

directions as to checking storage and use !   

Thanks!  Only needed info on record locater since I've never noticed it (and I fly monthly) called that and always refer to it as the reservation or confirmation number.  However, your information on check-in and baggage is great for first time flyers and would be great in the Cruise Air or First Time Cruisers section of the boards as a sticky.  Maybe also add the wide variation in security wait times at different airports and need to investigate what it might be on you travel day and plan appropriately.

Got my E-docs today....121 days out

But no information on our flights....just the dates,

Guess I'll have to check daily for the locator number.  Wonder if it won't be till 60 days out, like I was originally told.

OK, so I am so confused (that's not new).  Finally can see edocs, but the only thing showing that let's me know I've booked flights is that it shows the airport I will be leaving (coming home to ) from on the edocs under ports of call / itinerary.  

Will my edocs change and flights will show on there (along with numbers to look at reservation).  Need to know time so I get hotel for the night before that has transfer to hotel early enough.  (and something for this planner to see that it is taken care of)

Will I get an e-mail?

All this waiting is bothering me.  Saved about $800 by booking this way so I guess I should just cool my wheels.  But if someone can (in a very simple way) help me know what to look for I would appreciate it.

25 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

OK, so I am so confused (that's not new).  Finally can see edocs, but the only thing showing that let's me know I've booked flights is that it shows the airport I will be leaving (coming home to ) from on the edocs under ports of call / itinerary.  

Will my edocs change and flights will show on there (along with numbers to look at reservation).  Need to know time so I get hotel for the night before that has transfer to hotel early enough.  (and something for this planner to see that it is taken care of)

Will I get an e-mail?

All this waiting is bothering me.  Saved about $800 by booking this way so I guess I should just cool my wheels.  But if someone can (in a very simple way) help me know what to look for I would appreciate it.

This week, at 53 days out, I received an email, Subject: Air Confirmation, which contained our flight information and E-Ticket Numbers. About 12 hours later, I was able to access my edocs, which had a section titled Air Itinerary Confirmation, which listed flight numbers and times, and the Record Locator Ticket Number. The following day, I received an email from CRUISEDOCS@ncl.com, stating that my edocs were available. So the answer is yes, you will get an email once your ticketing is finalized. 

Hey, I never got those emails. I have only seen air info on the edocs I got at 70 days out and wrote the airline and reservation number down(this before the web update) Since I started this thread the docs have gone and come back again. So waiting to see what happens next. We are 26 days out now. My phantom edocs (post web update) don't have any section titled Air itinerary. Guess they need me to call yet again. Last time I don't book my own air.

OK, I decided to look at my edocs again(Just now) before I call the stressed, over worked NCL staff  and  my air itinerary is on my edocs finally(used the NCL app on my phone) So everyone, there is hope. Seems like they are starting to catch up. That update affected 100,00 bookings so patience was and is needed.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:58 PM, stevendom57 said:

This is exactly what happened to us.  I liked my flights too and was worried they could change.  Our eDocs returned a few days ago but still minus air. Today we are 39 days from flying and all of a sudden I noticed that the flight info was back on the eDocs. I went to United and checked and finally my reservation said "ticketed".  Luckily, I received the same itinerary that had been on the eDocs previously - and now I'm good to go. We're very happy with the itinerary - and although it's been a pain to wait until so close to flying - we saved $980 per person so it's been all worth it.

A further note with the Record Locator you can logon to the airline website and see what SEATS were

assigned if any or are available for selection - see a better arrangement -

you can change the seating in your cabin category or contact the airline about upgrading to a more

comfortable section. Not so much an issue on short flights but those going across the Atlantic or

Pacific ponds think about improving your comfort to arrive refreshed and relaxed for your dream cruise.