Catamaran Fan-ta-Sea to Nevis

kitkat9438

We are booked on an excursion on the Fan-ta-Sea through Royal Caribbean.  It looks like it might be on the Bluewater Safari since that comes up with I search the name.  I've read some bad reviews on here and just want to see what others have experienced.  I figured it would be better booked through the ship since I read a couple of posts about Blue Water not showing up or honoring the booking.  Also if booked through the ship is alcohol included?  It doesn't say if it is on Royal's website.

Thanks.

On the catamaran tours/excursions it is almost impossible to book outside of the ships excursion website/excursion desk. The operators have agreements with most of the cruise lines that call on St Kitts.  Alcohol is included but they do discourage consumption prior to any water activities on the way over to Nevis (snorkeling etc). If your excursion includes a shore lunch they will have a temporary bar set up on the beach. The trip back will have beer and rum punches as well as other adult beverages available at no charge.. 

We did this excursion last week (7/17) on Allure of the Seas.   We had a great time!  First snorkeled at a cove in St. Kitts.  It was beautiful, lots of fish and a ship wreck.  We were able to snorkel for about 45 minutes.   Then we had lunch and drinks (beer and rum punch plus sodas) while the catamaran sailed to Nevis.  We had about an hours beach time on Nevis and the bar was open the whole time.   Lovely sail back to ship and St. Kitts.   We had our grandchildren with us and we all loved it.   Would definitely do again.

Did you go to Pinney’s Beach in Nevis on FanTaSea, or to a private spot down the beach? 

Blue Water Safari runs the FanTaSea, and the other cat operator goes to the other spot and serves a bbq lunch there. 

I can can never remember which operator does which stop on Nevis. I’ve done both. Obviously, going to Pinneys with Sunshine’s  and the Lime Bar is the preferable option, rather than just a clearing a mile away with nothing else there. 

Thanks

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:52 PM, bunkiew said:

We did this excursion last week (7/17) on Allure of the Seas.   We had a great time!  First snorkeled at a cove in St. Kitts.  It was beautiful, lots of fish and a ship wreck.  We were able to snorkel for about 45 minutes.   Then we had lunch and drinks (beer and rum punch plus sodas) while the catamaran sailed to Nevis.  We had about an hours beach time on Nevis and the bar was open the whole time.   Lovely sail back to ship and St. Kitts.   We had our grandchildren with us and we all loved it.   Would definitely do again.

How was the weather? Trying to book for next month. We never cruise in the summer cuz of the heat/humidity. We enjoyed St Kitts last time, and would be included in the itinerary I'm looking at....thanks!

38 minutes ago, bunkiew said:

Weather was good! Upper 80’s with a nice breeze.  North Carolina is home and it was definitely more comfortable in St. Kitts than it is here!  🥵

Good to hear! Our summers here are beautiful. Another reason not to cruise in the summer. But since my dh loves sailing, this would be something we would do and love!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 7:52 PM, bunkiew said:

Curious, what type of lunch was offered?

Looking at doing an excursions such as this.

Thanks

38 minutes ago, bunkiew said:

I remember hot dogs, red beans and rice, chicken and maybe coke slaw and cookies.  It was good!

OK - please refer to my post #5 above.  It sounds like you were at the remote clearing on Nevis, not actually at the main Pinney's Beach, where the bars, restaurants and chairs are. 

Could you please confirm?  What part of the beach were you at on Nevis, and which boat - Fan Ta Sea (Blue Water) or Leeward Island Charters?

The experiences vary significantly.

Thanks

Edited by EatonDoolittle

On 7/17/2019 at 2:33 PM, paul58 said:

On the catamaran tours/excursions it is almost impossible to book outside of the ships excursion website/excursion desk. The operators have agreements with most of the cruise lines that call on St Kitts.  Alcohol is included but they do discourage consumption prior to any water activities on the way over to Nevis (snorkeling etc). If your excursion includes a shore lunch they will have a temporary bar set up on the beach. The trip back will have beer and rum punches as well as other adult beverages available at no charge.. 

Well this sure is helpful in understanding why I am having such difficulty in booking private. We arrive 10/17 and the only catamaran that responded was Leeward, who requires 100% payment prior. I booked with Viking although I do not like to book ship excursions.  It does not does not state on the description where in Nevis we will be, but it is a full day on the water! 

• 2 years later...

I have reached out to the chartered company RC uses “Blue Water Safaris” they have gotten back to me…but not answered my question re: bathroom on board.  I need to know if it’s on the “main” level on the Catamaran or “down below” where you need to climb a ladder down.   We have a family member who will stay on board while we all swim/snorkel and can’t climb the ladder if that’s what they have.  I have looked for You Tube videos…no luck in finding out.  Thank You!