Live - Island Princess NB Vancouver to Whittier Alaska, July 17-24

Bubbs33

This is our first cruise for DH and I. We are travelling with another couple who cruise often but this is their first cruise with Princess.

We boarded Westjet at Toronto and flew to Vancouver on the morning of July 16. Processing and baggage at both ends was quick and simple.  There was no lineup for taxis. We landed at 9;15 and were checked on at the hotel and in our rooms by 10:45am.

Hotel

I changed our reservation 2 weeks before travelling. Originally booked at the Residence Inn for a good price  I switched to the Fairmont Pacific Rim to be closer to the port and reduce taxi costs. It was a great decision. Upon arrival, the front desk staff offered us all water while we waited for her to confirm our reservation. We recieved a great overview of the hotel and amenities. Advised they had guest services cars available if we need to go anywhere at no cost. 

Our room was city view and stunning. A piano player in the lobby was classic. Every detail was tended to.  We bought tickets to Grouse Mountain from concierge services, got directions to the free shuttle at Canada Place.

Will add more about Grouse Mountain and embarkation soon.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting a review.  It is always fun to read the impressions of a new cruiser.  I love the Island and her crew. We found that booking a cabana in the sanctuary for Glacier Bay day was really worth the expense.  If interested you should do so upon boarding as there are only 3 of them.   Alaska is stunning.  Have a great time.

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy your day in Vancouver!  It is beautiful out.  You will have a great view from Grouse Mountain.

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise as a first-timer.  My husband and I went on our first cruise two years ago - a cruise to Alaska.  It was great.  We both enjoyed being on the ship and Alaska was gorgeous.